Would you honestly ever get married?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would any of you guys honestly ever get married? I can't get ever see my myself getting married. And the reason this is, is because I just can't see myself staying with one woman my whole life. I mean even if I had kids with a woman and had a whole family of my own, I still probably wouldn't get married. I can see myself as the guy who has kids, lives with his girlfriend and even helps take care of the kids. But marriage? Never, just because I couldn't see myself staying with one woman my whole life. Haha, my children will probably even have a lot of stepbrothers and stepsisters because of that, same father, different mother. A quote from Jay Z sums it all up "Me give my heart to a woman, not for nothin' never happen', I'll be forever mackin'". Even if I calmed down with a woman and started raising a family, I still wouldn't marry her. So yeah, do any of you guys see yourselfs getting married?

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're only 18. You have your whole life ahead of you. Eventually, in your later years you will find a woman who you would not mind marrying.

Example; You know how you have 1 best friend. You guys do everything together and hang out almost everyday for years.

Well you might meet a girl one day who is like that best friend. Only difference is the love/attraction and sex. Aslong as she meets the other needs and is wifey material. Then, you might decide to settle down.

Other than that, your young so enjoy life.

Armored

Banned
Reaction score
After reading stuff on Nomarrige.com, I don't foresee it in the next fifteen years.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Likely not again. As I say, the only woman out there I might marry would see marriage to be as pointless as I do.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
A Misconception about Marriage

*** The SEARCH function. The seldom used but very powerful forum function. ***
Yeah, but that's in the Mature Man forum. Besides, I'm just asking peoples opinions here, that topic is what it is, telling people a misconception about marriage. So why would you link to that when these are actually 2 different topics? Here I'm simply asking people if they would ever get married or not. So before you go on a minimodding rage, understand the topic you are minimodding.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Yeah, but that's in the Mature Man forum. Besides, I'm just asking peoples opinions here, that topic is what it is, telling people a misconception about marriage. So why would you link to that when these are actually 2 different topics? Here I'm simply asking people if they would ever get married or not. So before you go on a minimodding rage, understand the topic you are minimodding.
Two things:
  1. If you'd read the thread, you'd see that it does answer your question.
  2. The people who give feedback are guys who are married, were married, or guys trying to get married. Heaven forbid that you'd get any insight from from guys who just didn't become of legal age to get married.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I will more than likely marry again. My first marriage failed, but I take full responsibility for choosing the wrong mate.

If you were to get married one day make sure it is someone that brings the best out of you and helps build you up and vice versa. Otherwise, just stay single.

Marriage is not for everyone, and you don't have to conform to the idea of it.

Reaction score
It is truly sad to me to see so many people on this forum that are so afraid of entering long term relationships or marriage. I will definitely get married some day, starting a family of my own is something I look forward to. just because you're previous relationships failed (probably with you getting burned) doesn't mean that ALL relationships are doomed for eternity. Just because some girls cheat and screw around doesnt mean that all of them do. And most chicks who screw around now are just doing it because they are young.

anyways, im sick of people trying to saw love and relationships are pointless. In my opinion, that should be the ultimate goal when it comes to women.

Automatic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was married for a short time. I was totally stupid. Objectively speaking, she was not a good person. It was hell on Earth.

Would I do it again? Yes, but she had better be damned special.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not with the laws the way they are currently.

No marriage and no kids for me ever.

Its not in my best interests ie money and variety.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was married seven years. It was all right for a while. I still talk to my ex-wife.

Marriage is actually much less of a commitment than kids. Marry a dumb b!tch and you can just divorce her and go on with your life. Knock one up, though, and she can be a complete raving b!tch, but will still be a part of your life because she is your baby momma.

I have a half-dozen exes who would marry me, but that is no big deal. Marriage is really for women anyway. My current gf happens to be my very first gf from high school. She is convinced that she is lucky to be with me. She actually thinks us having sex is her getting lucky. My last ex is a little hotter and a lot freakier, but she has an attitude about sex that I don't like. Even though I had more sex with her than anyone, she still thinks of it as work, like a currency to pay her way. That attitude is a turn-off to me. The current girl never says a cross word, is never b!tchy to me at all, and has never said no in the bedroom. She sleeps at my house about every other day. She is recently divorced as well, and we are obviously on a path toward marriage. I am in no rush and have a lot of other things to get done first, but I would not mind marrying her.

Clarky

Don Juan
Reaction score
I could see myself married..but not for 10 years yet, and i want to experience alot of things with alot of different girls first..no american pie style first girlfriend marriage for me :)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think there's any reason for a man to get married unless he wants kids, and I don't want kids. So no, I'm pretty certain I will never get married. Anything can happen of course, but I just don't see it in my future, I have no interest in the whole marriage/kids/house in the suburbs thing.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
A quote from Jay Z sums it all up "Me give my heart to a woman, not for nothin' never happen', I'll be forever mackin'
The quote you live your life by, eh?

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey champ.

Without a kiss or a date under your belt, I wouldn't worry about marriage just yet. And I think you need to speed up before you "calm down".Learn to run before you can walk eh?

And as for the Jay-z quote. . . nah, doesn't quite work on you.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Hey champ.

Without a kiss or a date under your belt, I wouldn't worry about marriage just yet. And I think you need to speed up before you "calm down".Learn to run before you can walk eh?

And as for the Jay-z quote. . . nah, doesn't quite work on you.
Don't criticize him WesCott. She isn't worthy of his hand in marriage until she qualifies herself in beating his high score in RockBand. It isn't the fact that he hasn't gotten a kiss or a date. Get your sh*t straight.

Garand

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you havin' girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but the b*tch ain't one.