Would you accept loveless marriage?

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's imagine for a second, that we are still in imperial times. Your family wants you to marry this girl from another family in order to improve the trading relations of your two families.

The girl is pretty, 7/10, but you don't love her. Hell, you don't care for her personality. But marrying her would provide you would an enormous boost in social status, money, and prestige.

Would you accept?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn right I would. But that doesn't exclude me from porking some other chicks on the side.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
erm....

No I would not accept. If its the money that I am in for, then I'd find myself a rich HB9 that I AM interested in. *G*:rolleyes:

Laterz...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well back then, wouldn't she be more of a servant then a wife? Soemone who cooks n cleans and stays home and what have you? Im not anti-feminist, just pondering... cuz then Id marry her and just have mistresses who I love

Laney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just treat her as a buisness partner, and make sure she gets a good deal out of it too so she doesn't complain!

So yeah! Why not!

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
Let's imagine for a second, that we are still in imperial times.
With the above as one of the established parameters, I would say yes. At that time intended purpose of marriage was entirely different than it is now. Royalty and aristocracy married for political and economic reasons. That is simply what was done.

However, I'd have a different view of it if we were to assume it was 2005 and my life was more similar to what it really is.

-PDX

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
Let's imagine for a second, that we are still in imperial times. Your family wants you to marry this girl from another family in order to improve the trading relations of your two families.

The girl is pretty, 7/10, but you don't love her. Hell, you don't care for her personality. But marrying her would provide you would an enormous boost in social status, money, and prestige.

Would you accept?
There's always a catch...there's always will be. :D

But just based on your data, then yeah.