Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would this annoy you?

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend seems to be copying me, my clothes, my humor, my dreams.

When he's over my house, he plugs a usb plug into my pc and rips everything off my pc, seasons of shows I watch, stand up comedy gigs, books, everything? And gives next to nothing back, he just seems to take. I'm starting to feel like I want to distance myself from him.

Am I wrong to be Annoyed with this?

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol.... the quality of this forum ain wha it used to be :)

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You let people touch your computer? Maybe it's because I'm a Software Engineer and extremely paranoid of who touches my computer, but I would never let any of my friends use my laptop logged in under my own user account. It's password protected, and any other partitions on it that are not needed for the guest account to work are sealed off as well. If anyone wants to touch it, the only reason is to browse the internet, the rest is off limits.

As for him copying your style: See it as a compliment. There is no bigger compliment than being replicated.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S0LID said:
lol.... the quality of this forum ain wha it used to be :)
how was it like? would reading old threads help me improve my life and game? if it does, i must execute.

masterpiece

Don Juan
Reaction score
he obviously looks up to you take it as a compliment. My friends use all my jokes and stuff and i dont really mind, but i think i would get a bit annoyed if they all started dressing like me.

Just try to take it as a compliment.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S0LID said:
My friend seems to be copying me, my clothes, my humor, my dreams.

When he's over my house, I LET HIM plug in a usb plug into my pc and I LET HIM rip everything off my pc, seasons of shows I watch, stand up comedy gigs, books, everything? And gives next to nothing back, he just seems to take BECAUSE I LET HIM. I'm starting to feel like I want to distance myself from him.

Am I wrong to be Annoyed with this?
I edited your OP to make it more accurate.

Now you see the problem, go fix it.

People are like parasites. They will take take take and try to make the relationship as parasitic as possible where they only take and give nothing. In fact, just like parasites their taking may hurt the host aka YOU but they don't give a sh1t.

You need to live life COMFORTABLY. NOT FEELING GOOD ABOUT SOMETHING? CHANGE IT. THINK A GIRL IN BORING? EXCUSE YOURSELF AND STOP TALKING TO HER. THINK YOUR BUDDY IS ANNOYING? LET HIM KNOW TO STOP HIS BULLSH1T OR HE'S GONE. THINK YOU DESERVE A PROMOTION? ASK FOR IT AND SHOW WHY YOU DESERVE IT.

Do whatever you have to do make your life comfortable. I have little stress in my life now simply because I have a zero tolerance no bullsh1t policy. If I feel like something is giving me unnecessary stress, I cut it out of my life. I cut these people out like surgeons cut tumors out. They are tumors on your life. Extra weights in your backpack, holding you down and dragging you into their pitiful lives.

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, your situation reminds me exactly of my friend. It gets really really annoying. My friend would steal my jokes allllll the time. that didnt bother me, the part that bothered me is he would use my material on girls at partys or bars before i even had a chance to use them. it pissed me off. its kind of a catch 22 too, because if you call him out on it in front of others you look pathetic but if you dont say anything, he looks like the funny witty guy. I wish i had an answer to your solution but i never figured it out myself. Sucks but i just would never use any of my jokes around him which made me more dull

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to expand your socail cirle more to "connectors" and people who add value to your life, as it looks like your freinds doesnt add, he only takes... dont need to totally drop him, just expand
ive stopped being freinds with freinds who altho are nice guys, dont add anything and infact bring you down a bit, its a shame...

on the other hand, you may be able to get him interested in PU and if you can get him to have some of this own thoughts/opinions rather than just copying you, you could mold him into a wingman for yourself...!