Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would not having breakfast have an effect on weight loss?

Sentrility

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't normally have breakfast *yeah flame me etc* and i often eat around lunchtime or there abouts.

I was just wondering if not eatting a good breakfast could have an adverse effect on any weight loss im trying to achieve.

Cheers.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never Skip Brealfast.

If you get up in the morning, and do cardio, then don't eat.
Your body will burn fat as fuel during your exercise.

But, you need to eat a good breakfast after wards, so you can get some fuel for the day.
Not eating breakfast will deplete your energy levels, and you'll feel sluggish all day.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its reasoning like this that people fail at weight loss.

Its called Breakfast because you are "Breaking a Fast" from not eating for 8 hours.

Your body is built for survival; when it senses that it is going without food it will HANG ON to fat as much as possible. Your metabolism also slows down when without food to manage its calories.

Also, when you go to sleep, youre not exactly sleep-dancing or sleep-jogging, right? So how are you burning your calories from food if you wait until the middle of the day to start to eat?

Not eating breakfast, not eating for long periods of time, not exercising to offset your slowing metabolism = NOT losing weight. Even if you exercise skipping breakfast is a bad idea.

Wouldnt it make more sense to make breakfast your biggest meal of the day, then taper each meal down to smaller portions before bed?

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, breakfast IS essential! As stated above, you have not eaten in hours and hours and your body wants something in it. It is the most important meal of the day.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the other two said it's not a good idea. For two main reasons.

1) Slows down your metabolism.

2) Burns off the muscle you worked hard for in the gym.

If you're doing cardio, I suggest you eating some complex carbs such as oatmeal 45 minutes to an hour before your workout.