Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would it be considered flirting when a girl touches a guy's hair?

WelcomeToEarth

Reaction score
Ok, everything is about context so if a guy at work makes a joke and asks a girl co-worker to feel his hair and she does, would you consider that flirting? As in, he's using the joke as a way to establish physical contact and she's responding positively (she has some interest level) by feeling/touching his hair?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it was ask for.
But look at her body language, lots of video on youtube for interested women body language.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HE is using it to initiate contact so, quite possibly he is flirting, yes. Is she flirting with him? uncertain

You guys talk all the time on here about reaching out and touching 'to see' how she reacts. If she doesn't recoil, that is a good sign. I agree with this philosophy/perception. Myself, I dont touch people that I dont want to touch and will recoil if someone tries to touch me when I dont want them to.

So, let's turn that around. Instead of him reaching out to touch, he invites her to touch. He is basically testing the waters to see if she is physically open to him, on some level.

Do I consider it flirting? No. could it be considered as a means for him to test the waters as far as her being open to him? yes. If she touches him does that means she cold be interested on some level? That's quite a stretch.

If neither of them are otherwise engaged romantically, and he is interested, he should see if he can progress things.

Last edited:

WelcomeToEarth

Reaction score
Sazc, I'm there 100% with you. It could be a scenario of him "testing the waters" and I also don't see myself touching someone I don't want to touch either; I would at least be hesitant and definitely not find it funny.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is prob flirting, the women harder to say.

Some guy are just natural flirt, you should see my married uncle talk to random women everywhere we go.

WelcomeToEarth

Reaction score
LARaiders85, not my girlfriend, just a girl that I'm sort of dating. Her character... She's outgoing, likes to laugh, gets-along-with-everybody type of person.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I am spinning plates. LOL

WelcomeToEarth

Reaction score
Trying to gauge her interest level on this guy. For example, let's say she hears some politically incorrect joke and immediately says - "Oh, I can't wait to tell that joke to guy". This is a guy that's only in the office once every other week so it could be a stretch but maybe she's thinking of him or is looking forward to seeing him again?

Also, he's about 10 years younger and she calls him "young boy" because, her words - "I'm just an old lady". She's in her mid 30s!!! Another stretch - is that self-pity talk for her not feeling good enough because she's not as young?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, everything is about context so if a guy at work makes a joke and asks a girl co-worker to feel his hair and she does, would you consider that flirting? As in, he's using the joke as a way to establish physical contact and she's responding positively (she has some interest level) by feeling/touching his hair?
Where do yo all work with all this touching/flirting?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does she laugh at his boring jokes?
Again her IL should not be that hard to spot.
Body language.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Maybe. Dude should ask her out and spin her good already.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With my crappy hair line I can wear my hair in a single way only, even if the hottest girl in the world tries to reach my head I would probably dodge her hand faster than a cassius clay.

I believe physical contact is a good way to gauge interest as long as the body part is not sensitive for other reasons.

R

Ranger

If you asked her to touch your dik and she did, it would be a pretty good sign.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl is touching you without you asking,you can take it as a sign of interest.

Though I wouldn't go far as to call what you described flirting.