Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would appreciate tips or info on bulking my neck out

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not posted in this forum before. Hey all, budding don juan here, looking to cover my bases.

yeh im a fairly toned guy 6ft and about 12.5 stone so im not heavly built but my shoulders are big enough to carry me.

At the moment workin out with weights is out of the question a nasty injury to my right shoulder has put paid to that for the moment.

if anyone has any good excersises to broaden my neck and generally fatten it up i would be well pleased. at the moment its too thin.

peace

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shrug your shoulders to your ears, sad that you can't use dumbbells though, how about just some light ones ? Do this 20-20-10-10, see the beautifull resulsts after two weeks, plain sweet.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ummmm...how bout bridging.

just a thought...juuuuuust a thought.

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
charisma: cheers i reckon i could load up some light dumbells for that ill give it a go.

Drug_Lord: whats bridging i aint heard of that before?

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok first thing, dont do the shrugs with light dumbells if you want some manly traps instead of little girly ones.

second thing...you don't know wat bridges are? tsk tsk tsk...wrestlers do it all the time to strengthen their neck, just go to google or something and type wrestlers bridge or neck bridge or something like that and look for pictures and descriptions.

another thing i do is i get a plate, i lie down on a bench and put a towel on my head (whichever side i'm working on) and rest the plate on my head and rise my head up and down with the plate on my head. you need to be lieing down in a way that your head and neck are over the edge of the bench.

i do the front, sides and back of the neck with this.

another one is to sit down, tie a rope to a plate or dumbell and put the rope in your mouth and bite it hard. lean over while seated and rise the dumbell or plate up.

i do this because it strengthens my jaw and neck muscle for boxing but you may not do anything like that so you may not wish to do it.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"another one is to sit down, tie a rope to a plate or dumbell and put the rope in your mouth and bite it hard. lean over while seated and rise the dumbell or plate up."

I would like to try that out, but I am concerned that it might loosen the teeth over the long-term. Any thoughts on that?

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
im sure i could do the rope in the teeth without any problems.
Though i ainttt gonnaaaa, but at the moment the shrugs are working fine for me, i lumped some more weight on and i can feel my neck working.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drug_L0rd
ok first thing, dont do the shrugs with light dumbells if you want some manly traps instead of little girly ones.
That's the most stupid statement I've ever heared.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heavy deadlifts will get your neck going because of the multi joint neural system stimulation they provide, so like when you do a deadlift your whole body is working as it was designed to work all at once rather then one part at a time, that's why you see those powerlifters n stuff who do deadlifts often have huge thick necks, just do some research on deadlifting and form before you start and do not get hurt, don't ever ever do forced reps on deadlifts it'll end up in a muscle tear and dont' lower the bar slowly, just drop the damn thing if u lower it slowly it'll cause your back to jump forward too fast and might end up in injury....also you can get yourself a head harness and add some weights to it and lift, and dont ever use those neck machines, our necks arn't designed to work with those angles the machines provide.

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
enkai: cheers for the tip, like i said though my shoulder is busted up pretty bad right now:-(, but thats life, i will be back to full strength in about half a year.

Charisma: That was a sweet tip, i been doing the shrugs with a decent amount of weight and i can already feel the tighness in my neck.

I wouldnt really suit having a huge neck my face is too slim so just tighten it up is working fine for me i dont need to be a hulk right now im only 23 if i wanna go that route ill do it when im about 28.

peace

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Charisma
That's the most stupid statement I've ever heared.
idiot...:rolleyes:

at least explain why you think that is "the most stupid statement" you've ever heared.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We train a lot of students like him, there's always somebody who got hurt in a fight, so they can't go all the way with the weights, we just give them light dumbbells and it will do a fine job, it won't pump the muscles as fast, but it will make a ton of difference then not doing anything, they won't look like having a girly neck or anything, that's just some bodybuilding pvssycrap, can't even begin imagining where you got that silly idea.

If you train your entire body with heavy weights, then it's not a good idea to do your neck with very small weights, it'll get you lopsided, but if all he wants is strengthening his neck or tightening it up, then even with lighter dumbbells it'll have an excellent effect on his body and posture. You should see the before and after student when he goes into training for a tournament, even with light dumbbells. (ex. if he can't start weighing too much for his weight class).

And great to see it's working out for you TheDodgeJuan, with that exercise you see results after as little as three weeks btw !

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Charisma
We train a lot of students like him, there's always somebody who got hurt in a fight, so they can't go all the way with the weights, we just give them light dumbbells and it will do a fine job, it won't pump the muscles as fast, but it will make a ton of difference then not doing anything, they won't look like having a girly neck or anything, that's just some bodybuilding pvssycrap, can't even begin imagining where you got that silly idea.

If you train your entire body with heavy weights, then it's not a good idea to do your neck with very small weights, it'll get you lopsided, but if all he wants is strengthening his neck or tightening it up, then even with lighter dumbbells it'll have an excellent effect on his body and posture. You should see the before and after student when he goes into training for a tournament, even with light dumbbells. (ex. if he can't start weighing too much for his weight class).

And great to see it's working out for you TheDodgeJuan, with that exercise you see results after as little as three weeks btw !
ok a few pointers:

1) what you said in that first paragraph is about rehab. i didn't say you can't have rehab, infact the whole basis of rehab is light weights

2) using lighter weight with more reps will only increase the hypertrophy of the muscle, it will not have significant strength gains. he should not ONLY want to increase the strength of his neck unless his neck, at the moment, is his weakest proportional body part then it is safe to focus primarily on that. he wants to increase STRENGTH, NOT hypertrophy.

if it's hypertrophy your looking for then go for the lighter weight.

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
All: Thanks for the replies good things have happened from me posting here.

My neck posture is improving and from what i can tell its gonna get wider as well. The reps im doing now are coming easy and i will in time up the weight.

My neck probably is my weakest part of my body right now and my shoulder injury was coz i fell of a roof lol. **** that hurt, but im more of a man because of it.

peace