"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Worst WBAFC Move You Ever Did?

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Since everyone here evolved from a WBAFC, what's the worst move you guys ever did to talk with a girl?

Here's mine:

Way back in grade 10 I had a crush on this girl in one of my classes (she was the same grade/age as me). Everyday from October to June I would say "Ok, today is the day I'm going to ask her out". Sure enough, the end of the year comes and I didn't ask her out.

Anyway, after exams were done and summer started I got one of my friends, who she didn't even KNOW, to call her and ask if she could give me her number. He called, she said I knew who I was, but I obviously had her number already. I never called her myself.

It's almost 10 years later and I'm still embarassed about this. :rolleyes:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CrazyGoNuts

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
ya know I had the same thing pretty much. We went to high school together and the first 3 years we would just pick on each other and laugh about it, then one day things changed for me. She smiled at me and I just started to like her which was weird cuz I sorta use to enjoy annoyin her and now I wanted to hook up with her.

We flirted hardcore for the last half of the year, she invited me to her cheerleading competitions, I invited her to a party here and there but i never never never had the balls to ask her out or even get her number. I find out years later she had the hots for me but was too shy to talk to me about it, for a long time I always considered her the girl that got away.

Just thinkin about it makes me shake my head in disgust.
 

Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
It was in the begining of my uni life. My friend had just died in a car accident. I went on a date with this really hot girl. I ended up telling that I really liked her and that if she liked me too. She told me that she was not looking for a relationship rigth now. I was shocked. Afterwards I build up the IL again. Only to totally break down on the verge of tears when I took her to my room and saw a picture of my buddy on the wall. Needless to say It was the worst date ever. From now on, I never go on a date unless I feel good.That day I felt like ****! and It showed in my behaviour
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by GaryNas
Since everyone here evolved from a WBAFC, what's the worst move you guys ever did to talk with a girl?

Here's mine:

Way back in grade 10 I had a crush on this girl in one of my classes (she was the same grade/age as me). Everyday from October to June I would say "Ok, today is the day I'm going to ask her out". Sure enough, the end of the year comes and I didn't ask her out.

Anyway, after exams were done and summer started I got one of my friends, who she didn't even KNOW, to call her and ask if she could give me her number. He called, she said I knew who I was, but I obviously had her number already. I never called her myself.

It's almost 10 years later and I'm still embarassed about this. :rolleyes:
In my high school every senior their graduating year gets a comedic award. These awards are made by the class, so they were made by my best of friends. I was friends with just about everyone in my class, but never had a girlfriend or anything like that. I always had dates to the semi's, but we just "went as friends".

At awards night, everyone is getting funny awards and stuff like that. Well... my award is "Mr. Reliable". This is probably the most embarrasing thing that ever happened to me in high school. Trust me, I don't do this anymore... That was a while ago, but still goes to show you how much of an AFC I was.
 

Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Guys Lets hear your worst AFC moments. Don't Tell me you guys were born DJ... pfff You would not be here if that was the case
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
I think I've got all you guys beat.

I used to be so nervous and shy, I was jealous of guys who so much as GOT HUGS from their female friends. One time during my soph year in high school, my friend Sarah gave me a hug when she saw me at homecoming. I was throttled, and wanted more, but I was so NERVOUS about it, that when we got to PE class, I walked around the weight room waiting to build up the nerve to go over there and give her a hug. I even said something like "I'm kind of nervous about this [going up and giving you a hug]" and she said "Yeah, I can tell."

Needless to say, after awhile she made a habit of avoiding me. But heck, I can't blame her, I was a freakin' dork.
 

Shogun

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
dementia I think you have the best story so far... you beat mine by a mile! hmmm (Writing down notes for future use ;) )

So how big was this piece of wood and where did you get the nail? :p
 

zimzum

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Argentina, Capital
Once, i wrote a love letter to a girl... i had 19 years old!!!... It wasnt supposed to be read by her , but she did(she took it from me)... She wanted to **** me ... but since then , she started dating my best friend...
After a few months he told me that she would have picked me if it wasnt for that letter...jajajaja..ok... she was a ***** so...not a big deal
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Nice dementia!!! That's a great story, it sounds like something I would have done when I was 16. :D
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

JB101

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Dementia, it's going to be hard to beat that one!!

Some of my WBAFC moments:

Writing a girl poetry that I met over the net, lol. I spent literally HOURS on it. Making it rhyme. Just some stupid stuff, like, "we listened to depeche mode and had lots of fun. The two of us can share special moments, uniting and becoming one." It was 8 or 10 verses. So damn embarrassing.

I've written two poems in my life. Another poem went to a woman 3,000 miles away who I met online (I lived in Cali, she lived in New York). Talk about WBAFC, I wrote her a poem, and I never even got her pic, just her description! She was probably a 350 lb warpig wondering, what the hell is this guy doing.

Talk about WBAFC, I never hugged a girl until college.....uhhhhhh....
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
used to be really shy, always hoped girls would just ask me out rather then me aksing them, and i remember the first school disco, i got asked ot dance half a dozen times and turned them all down as i was to nervous, some of those girls where hot. My worst problem was not knowing what girls wnated, i assumed they went mainly for looks not much diffrent from guys, i was worse then a BAFC only in thelast few weeks as i found this website have i changed, and am already seieng resullts, not just with girls, im more confident around every 1, this isnt just chaning my love life, its changing everything for the better!!!
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Here's mine from another post.

I was in 6th grade, asked this girl out. She said "no" but not LJBFed. I think it was the age thing. I then built up her IL in me to the point of 90% but then i fvcked it up big time.

First screw up: (I cringe at the thought right now because i still am made fun of for it) I was asked to sing a song to her and I did. I made it up but it was bullsh!t.

Second Screw up: She asked me "who do you think you would go out with Me or "girl 2" " I answered girl 2. She sat there and cried about it. (********=do i have any competition) and she was flirting with me that day too.SH!T!!!!!!
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
In high school, after my girlfriend broke up with me the summer before my junior year, I ended up becoming completely infatuated with this one girl in my theater class. We'll call her HB Blue Balls. Basically, I told everyone I knew or was even remotely friends with about my little infatuation, semi-hoping it would get back to her, semi-hoping it wouldn't. Well, it did. By about 75 percent of the people I told. So now she knows I've got a thing for her. But I just keep acting like a little agreeable puppy dog around her.

Amazingly, I got up the balls to actually get her number, and then ask her out, even though it took me ages. We went to lunch, and I took her to an expensive ass restaurant on my expense. The whole time we were there, even though she was being quite pleasant, I couldn't shake the feeling that this was a pity date, that she was secretly laughing at me in the inside. This was a girl that got hit on by all the guys at our school, DJ and AFC alike. And yet she was out with ME. Instead of getting a boost of confidence, I started getting more and more nervous. The conversation choices were horrible. I started talking about my ex-girlfriend, straight out of ****ing "Swingers"! Then I asked her, like a little chump, what her relationship was with this MUCH more suave guy who I'd seen hitting on her. Sigh.

The climax of the "date" was when I was so nervous driving her, I ground the gears of my car shifting into third on the way back. If you don't know how a stick shift works or whatever, I basically didn't have the clutch all the way down while trying to shift gears. The result is the ugliest noise you've ever heard. I think I made some lame comment like "uhhh, just ignore that".

Needless to say, she asked to be dropped off at her friend's house immediately after the date.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
This girl came upto me out of the blue, sat by me in a class and was constantly kinoing me, asked if I was single, gave me her number and asked me to meet her in town. But I didn't meet her, call her or even return the kino because I figured she was out of my league. What she probably saw as hard-to-get was me just being a total insecure AFC wuss being too scared to make a move. Oh yes, here's the girl:

http://www.20six.co.uk/pub/mn_nah/its not me.jpg

No, that's not a look-alike, this is the girl and this photo does not do her justice. She came second in a modelling competition in the UK.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Dirtheart
This girl came upto me out of the blue, sat by me in a class and was constantly kinoing me, asked if I was single, gave me her number and asked me to meet her in town. But I didn't meet her, call her or even return the kino because I figured she was out of my league. What she probably saw as hard-to-get was me just being a total insecure AFC wuss being too scared to make a move. Oh yes, here's the girl:

http://www.20six.co.uk/pub/mn_nah/its not me.jpg

No, that's not a look-alike, this is the girl and this photo does not do her justice. She came second in a modelling competition in the UK.
Just from the looks of that girl I would say that takes the cake! Looks aren't everything though!

Anyway, here is mine:

Back in 11th grade I had a major crush on a chick in my class who was a major flirt. Now that I think about it, the only reason I had a crush on her was because she would flirt with everyone, including me. Just the attention she gave me was enough, I guess.

Anyway, before the school year ended, I bought a box of chocolates, a rose, and wrote her a note asking her out and such. I left it in her car after school and went home. My phone number was in the note, but I didn't recieve a call that night. The next day in school I couldn't even say hi to her.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Dirtheart takes the prize, noone can beat that one. That girl is amazingly sexy I would have locked us into a bedroom for 3 days straight. Oh god, if that happened to me. WHY GOD WHY!

Got a pic btw dirtheart?!


And at thread, LOOL. I only thought **** like this happened in american movies.
 

Dan Hunter

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
plymouth
i used to walk up to girls and ask them if they wanted a drink....i didn't even know them or anything just buy them a drink hoping they would talk to me...

they all used smile and walk away

those days have thankfully gone
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
She had a great personality too, was so friendly with me and was actually very modest. The sad thing is she wasn't the first or the last girl I shrunk away from because she was "out of my league". My self-esteem was so low at one point that I considered ALL attractive girls out of my league and I'd sooner think they were playing a cruel joke on me than believe they might be interested - hence the reason I joined this forum. :)

But I think it's good that we can all look back on our mistakes now, recognise them, laugh at them...and hopefully learn from them.

KC: http://www.wade.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/miscstuff/xmaseve.jpg

It's not a good pic, but it's the only recent one I have. I'm on the far left in the scarf.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
HAHA!!! YOU GUYS ARE NOTHING AT ALL!!!

... so far, I was the most WBAFC...

==============
SOMETHING FROM MY BLOG:
(*Names have been changed to protect identities)

========================

[ mood | depressed ]

yeah... it just passed... I'm too depressed to even write a comic...

Today was the last day me and Diana spent time together... Yeah... summer will come and I'd be seeing her on a less frequent basis. That is just so sad...

Anyway, in memory of her, I'm doin a little "timeline" of things... to remember Diana... the girl who saved my life... how I met her and wat happened... I'm tryin to be as accurate as possible... basing things on emails she sent me and the date i saved pictures in my harddrive, and letters I sent her...
-------------

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 - I was in the computer lab and she was like "hey... u like anime? I like em too". Common interest... the first reason we realized the existence of each other...

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 - She sent me an email about mangas... yeah... that was the first email she sent me

September 16 to December 20, 2003 - I was such an idiot who just tried to avoid her... I was like... meh... she should stay away from me... I was a f*ckin anti-social mr. "i-hate-the-world" basterd... for that long... wow... I'm such a moron...

Fri, 7 Nov 2003 - Hey... at least I was a friend somehow... I sent her an email about funny videos... lol...

Sat, 8 Nov 2003 - FIRST WRITTEN EVIDENCE OF SYMPTOMS THAT IM GETTING ATTRACTED TO THAT WHITE GIRL. And symptoms of hesitation...

"Like... there's this chick whom I am kinda getting attracted to... I just cant tell her how I feel bout her... heh... the same old cliche crap in romance movies... uuggghhhhh...

Anyway, I dont give **** bout love anymore... love is almost removed from my vocabulary... Since I was small, I grew up in a world full of hate... how sad... wtf is this?!? I'm some dumb character in a novel in where something bad happens all the time?!? You know novels right... in where one character is ALWAYS lucky... or when one character is ALWAYS at the wrong place at the wrong time... But who the **** is writing my life story? Is it me? OR is it some being up in the heavens that I was taught to believe... exists... I'm kinda losing my grip on my faith... even when I was brought up by taliban-type catholic parents... even when all throughout my elementary and highschool years I was in a catholic school."


Mon, 9 Feb 2004 - I got closer to her... but only to a point of asking about assignments and stuff... thats it.

Mon, 1 Mar 2004 - March break... I was bored... cuz I done all the assignments. I was seeking someone to talk to... I was kinda getting lonely...

Tue, 2 Mar 2004 - 2nd day of march break... I decided to open up to her a bit... At that time, I was thinkin of going to class in JANUARY instead of September. Why? Because I wasnt feeling motivated to study anymore. I gave her some stupid ****in bs reasons about financial problems... lol... Yeah... I do have financial problems but I just OVERHYPED em...

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 - March break over... started thinking if I sould PUSH FORWARD with that white girl... We sorta became REALLY close friends since we exchanged a lot of dialog in the march break... She gave me a forum website that she normally drops by to...

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 - Took first few pictures of her... VERY CLOSE friends... I was trying to find some courage to tell her that I LOVE HER...

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 - TOLD HER EVERYTHING!!! THAT I LOVE HER!!! She was speechless... She agreed to have more pictures taken...

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 - Kept takin more pictures...

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 - I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY WITH HER!!! SHE WAS WAITING FOR AN APPOINTMENT AT 430 IN THE AFTERNOON AND CLASSES ENDED AT 11AM. WE WERE SO SWEET... TOOK MORE PICTURES. SHE WAS WEARING BLUE TIGHT SWEATER!!! I LOVED HER FIGURE!!!

Thu, 1 Apr 2004 - Figure drawing class but I was looking at her instead of the model...

Between april 2 to april 14 2004 - Relationship goin back and forth... I kept on insisting I love her and she kept on insisting that SHE WONT GO OUT WITH ME... Relationship was getting a little shaky... I was getting hurt and she seemed so calm and kinda smiling still... I was really really hurt... that I actually cried... Omg... a girl made me cry...

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 - I sent her a letter that says basically that we should tread seperate paths... as in LEAVE ME ALONE AND DONT EVER EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!!! Later that night, we were arguing over MSN... But things calmed down... and we arrived at some deal in where I wont kiss or do sexual things to her... but we'd still spend time with 1 another... like go out and ****... And the more I loved her...

Tue-Wed, Apr 20-21 2004 - FOR 2 STRAIGHT DAYS I DIDNT SEE DIANA IN SCHOOL!!! I was kinda hurt... I wanted to give her something but no!!!

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 - figure drawing portfolio evaluations... I was able to spend time with her up to 3:00 in the afternoon... She later came back at 4:00 for a test at 4:30... She was expecting me but I WAS A DUMBASS to leave at 3... I'm an idiot... I also sent her another letter... this time it was apologizing for the last letter and thanking her for savin my life and i love her so much... I gave her a teddy bear for a farewell present...

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 - I spent the whole day with her... from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm... We talked and talked for hours... played magic the gathering... yeah... I told her more and more stuff about my broken past... About the CAT military training in the Philippines, about the gangsta friends I only had, about how I was so ****in isolated in my school in the philippines, what i did when I first migrated here, about friends and ****...

And 5 minutes before her dad picked her up, my voice was shaking and kinda teary-eyed... I was holding her hands... for the last 5 minutes... and telling her "i love you" in so many ways... that she's the FIRST PERSON whom I ever became really close friends with...

And at 5:00... her parents came to pick her up... we bade farewell... shaking each other's hands...

Sat, 24 Apr 2004, 11:30 pm-1:15 am - typing this documentation after a little chat with her over MSN. I told her I'm gonna miss her and I love her so much. She said she'd be at the gameshop on saturdays till 9:00 pm... so I can see her... Oh yeah... I realized I have 38 pictures of her so far... I really love her...

===========

And to tell u what... she's HB6 in my eyes... To most people, she's HB4... to my bro, she's HB2.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top