Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Worst film ever made?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the worst film ever made? The Room? Plan 9 From Outer Space?

What are your thoughts?

Oh, hi Mark!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Plan 9 From Outer Space. The original one, anyway. Haven't seen the remake. The dialogue is hilarious. And the cop scratching his head with the barrel of his gun.

I can't think of a candidate right off the top of my head. I always figure that the worst movie would be so boring that I wouldn't even make it through it, and probably never gave it another thought.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a tough one. There are a lot of bad films out there that have been buried in the digital age, but I vaguely remember from the VHS days.

One of the slickest, better-produced bad movies I've seen (repeatedly) is C0cktail. It's not bad like The Room, but it's just ambitiously dumb. Why would bar patrons ever tolerate those two a$$holes reciting poems and clowning around when all they want is to be served drinks?

But if you're a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, you'll see there are a lot of bad flicks out there that time forgot. (I'm betting @zekko likes MST3K.) And I saw a lot of clunkers working at video stores in the 90s, not to mention watching late night TV, including Rhonda's USA Network "Up All Night."

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(I get a lot of flack for this) but I have to say the worse film I've personally experienced is Being John Malkovich. It's garbage.

And yes, I have tried to watch it since and I've not changed my mind.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guarantee nobody here has ever seen the worst movie ever made, I haven't either.

The most "popular" worst movies ever made as in the "so bad their good" category.

But there are some really sh*tty movies out there. Lots on Amazon streaming.

I suppose they let ANYBODY put a movie on there.

And with technology cheap enough, a group of idiots can scrape together a couple hundred bucks, get enough stuff (cameras and editing software) and essentially make stuff up as they go along.

Basically stringing together 90 minutes of youtube skits and calling it a movie.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We mustn't forget Roger Corman's Glen or Glenda. I haven't seen it but it's supposed to be atrocious. I might try to watch it tonight if I can view it for free.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I've got a true contender for all-time worst - Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Thing With Two Heads starring Ray Milland and Rosey Grier.

Also, Night of the Lepus starring DeForest Kelley.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We mustn't forget Roger Corman's Glen or Glenda.
I haven't seen that one, which is a remake. But I saw the original one, being a big fan of Ed Wood and Bela Lugosi.

I used to try to watch Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, I couldn't even get through that one as a kid.

Talking about Blair Witch again, that 15 minute scene of the girl with the snot running down her face was hard to watch.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oops., I meant to say Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda. Yeah, that Santa Claus things was awful. However, my sisters and I had the 45 RPM "Hooray for Santa Claus" and we used to put on plays for our parents. I would dance the twist with my space helmet on.

Oh yea, LOL, I forgot about that scene in Blair Witch.

Well, I found Glen or Glenda on Prime video. I'll check it out to see if I can stomach it for a laugh. I'm not big on gender bending stuff so we'll see.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oops., I meant to say Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda.
There IS a remake of Glen or Glenda though, but I haven't seen it. I guess it's not by Roger Corman. The original is more like a documentary on transvestites than a regular movie. Have you see the movie "Ed Wood" though? Because it's really good IMO.

Another horrible movie is 2015 version of Fantastic Four, directed by Josh Trank. That thing is a travesty, and as a big fan of Stan Lee, I am personally offended by it.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did watch Glen or Glenda tonight. It was actually pretty entertaining and interesting. The usual wooden performances, but far from the worst movies ever made. It had a very surreal quality about it, and an interesting dream sequence that was slightly evocative of Eraserhead, which of course would come much later in ‘77.

I was surprised to see that the film was pretty much about pushing societal acceptance of transvestism. It had a surprisingly modern touch to it v

I was surprised at how much he pushed the envelope with female near-nudity, getting as close as humanly possible without fully revealing the “naughty bits”, as they say across the pond.

I haven’t seen the film “Ed Wood”. I always avoid films like that because although they are presented as biographical, there has to be a good 70% of fiction thrown in there.

I’ve never been into superheroes much, except for Batman and Superman as a child. I feel like I missed out a lot in my youth when it comes to comic books. I barely knew of the existence of most of them. I was only allowed to read comic books when I went for a haircut with my dad, and then also when I was in the hospital at age 12 for a couple months.

Maybe I will check out Ed Wood soon. I was also considering Stan & Ollie when it comes out in late March. Again, the introduction of fiction can’t be avoided, but I hear they captured the general gist of the duo’s partnership.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you liked Glen or Glenda, I don't see how you could not like Ed Wood. It's one of my favorites actually. I like how it's about a guy without much talent or resources, but manages to make his mark in his way by sheer force of will and believing in his vision (even though maybe he shouldn't lol).

I definitely want to see Stan and Ollie. I love biographies, in book or movie form.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you liked Glen or Glenda, I don't see how you could not like Ed Wood. It's one of my favorites actually. I like how it's about a guy without much talent or resources, but manages to make his mark in his way by sheer force of will and believing in his vision (even though maybe he shouldn't lol).

I definitely want to see Stan and Ollie. I love biographies, in book or movie form.
Darn, I don't have access to Ed Wood without paying my 3 or $4. How did I ever get so old and cheap?

zekko, can you lend me a fiver? I promise to pay you back next payday.

By the way, I find Laurel and Hardy very interesting. They were the only silent comedy stars who completely made the transition from silent to sound. It can be argued that the other big three (Chaplain, Keaton, and Lloyd) made the transition, but they died out very soon after sound became the norm. I think it was then that people for the first time fully realized the rich potential for humor, expression and punnery that is the English language.

I'm pretty sure that people were also uncomfortable with how their favorite silent stars sounded. Chaplain had that gentlemanly, classy British voice, and Keaton had an alarmingly deep and powerful voice, totally out of step with his diminutive physical looks.

I always found Laurel and Hardy painfully slow-paced, although I enjoy small doses of them. One of the most incredible things I ever saw from them was when they got into their car, started it up, and the car fell completely apart. It sounds like a throwaway gag, but the effects guys who pulled that off so masterfully deserve a lot of credit. Just the perfect way the car disintegrated was a masterful practical effect.

My favorite will always be Harold Lloyd. Fast paced, imaginative, and lots of forced-perspective humor.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko, can you lend me a fiver?
I would, but I am also old and cheap. I've noticed that Ed Wood is rarely available on TV or streaming services these days. Too bad, because I highly recommend it.

I've never been a huge Laurel and Hardy fan, although their upcoming biopic looks good. I find comedy teams fascinating to begin with.
I did watch their Babes in Toyland movie this past Christmas.

I like Chaplin's later movies the best, several of which were made after sound. Brilliant film maker. I've never seen anything by Harold Lloyd. I almost watched one of his movies a few weeks ago when one was on, but I never got around to it. I'll keep him in mind.