Worst examples of AFC'S in Movies....

lighthouse1956

Don Juan
Reaction score
In many comedies, the straight man is the alpha male and the comic is the AFC- examples- Dean Martin = alpha, Jerrry Lewis = AFC, Bud Abbot = alpha, Costilou = AFC.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The main character from Can't Hardly Wait.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohh There's something about mary and almost all the guys in American Pie.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j0n024 said:
Ohh There's something about mary and almost all the guys in American Pie.
Stifler was the friggen man!!!

Another movie that deserves recognition as the worst movie of all time goes to "along came polly" with Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller.

It was disgusting and sad. Please NEVER watch that movie... EVER!!!

comic_relief

Enryu

Don Juan
Reaction score
true stiffler was THE DJ ;)

well for starters: Every male character in a romantic movie is an afc.
The fact that they get the girl at the end is no excuse because well everything is a movie and the chocolate lobby wants to turn us guys into softies who buy the girls chocolates and flowers >> im on to you!!

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Switching to TV, an awesome example of contrasted AFC vs DJ is on Two and a Half Men, DJ being "Charlie" (Charlie Sheen) and AFC being "Alan" (Jon Cryer).

Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
I'd also say the guy from Office Space (the weird guy who loves his stapler) is what I consider the embodiment of an AFC. Not because of how he interacts with women (I don't think he does interact with women in the movie), but the way he lets his boss and all the others in the office walk all over him. Not to mention how turns out to be the typical passive-aggressive type (when he burns the place). Being an AFC is so much more than how one behaves around women. Chances are if you tolerate flat-out disrespect from others, that lack of spine/assertiveness carries over into your love life as well.
Good points, but AFC stands for AVERAGE frustrated chump. Milton is far far from average and not in a good way. A better example from OS would be the main character before he gets hypnotized.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LeComteDeMonteCristo said:
Good points, but AFC stands for AVERAGE frustrated chump. Milton is far far from average and not in a good way. A better example from OS would be the main character before he gets hypnotized.
After he gets hypnotized, he is the fvcken sh!t.

I love that movie and my business classes always talk about that movie. Amazing movie with the best damn comedy around.

btw look at the technology at that time compared to now.

comic_relief

sherineo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's only in AFC movies that an AFC gets the girl...and an AFC is so AFC..that he thinks after watching that AFC movie AFC is the real way to be...

Guys, we are reaching totally at a new level of swearing using this word AFC...

:)

IPalindromeI

Don Juan
Reaction score
Howard in "In The Company of Men" - his direct opposite is Chad. Anyone wanting to see two extreme examples of opposite sides of the spectrum needs to watch this movie.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The character played by Patrick Dempsey in Sweet Home Alabama. She picks the masculine country boy over the preppy city guy.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best scene from Swingers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcJ7Zg5ko&feature=related

"I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man. "

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just watched some of that movie "Redline," and I gotta say that was soo painful to watch. I mean the way it went from allright to the brother dying (I think he was the best in the movie) and then the girl taking over and just screwing the boss at the end was just sooo bad.

I mean I can see what you guys are saying by the "Brainwashing," of movies these days and now I can see it in "Stomp the Yard," as well.

I guess once you can see how bad society is and how men are portrayed in the majority of movies you can see WHY the male gender is going downhill.....damn.