"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

worst cold approach experience?

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
what is your worst experience with cold approaches?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
In a bus...

In a bus stop, I chatted some chick...

and then she said she's getting off at Elmfurst street (*street names been changed from real ones*).

Later, she got off at prince avenue which is 1 interesection away from elmfurst street.

====

She had this terrified look in her eyes. I was scared too. What if she called the cops and the cops grab me when I reach the subway station?

:eek: :eek: :eek:
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Well, I was cold approached by a bloke in a shop a few years ago, which turned out to be a very awkward experience.

He told me I could jump ahead of him in the queue for the checkout, so I did. He saw that I had a bar of chocolate and asked "Is that for your girlfriend?" I politely told him it was for me and he said "Surely a handsome bloke like you has all the women after him, or aren't you interested?" I told him I was too busy for girlfriends and he started telling me how his father forced him to get married and how much he hates his wife. I paid for my stuff and he told me to hang on. Being too polite and friendly for my own good, I did and he started bragging about how much money he makes and telling me he has land in different countries. He asked me where I'd like to visit if I had the chance and I told him Canada. He said "That's a coincidence, I'm going there in 3 weeks". He started saying how he is a good judge of character and said that I seem like a great guy, and invited me to go with him!! I told him I couldn't afford it, but he said it wouldn't cost me anything and he forced his number into my hand and told me to call him. I said thanks and tried to leave, but he followed me and was insisting that he will give me a lift back home. I told him it was around the corner, but he was very persistent. It was only when I started walking away that he gave up and told me to call him.

Anyway, that's my worst cold approach experience. :) I don't have a problem when guys hit on me, but this one was so forward and persistent it scared me a little.

oh yeah, he left some brochures for me with the checkout girl at the shop, but I never contacted him (obviously) and never saw him again.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
He probably just wanted the chocolate bar I bought. :)
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
Originally posted by Dirtheart
Well, I was cold approached by a bloke...
maybe just on the outside..

Originally posted by Dirtheart
"Surely a handsome bloke like you has all the women after him, or aren't you interested?"
he's attracted to ya..

Originally posted by Dirtheart
his father forced him to get married and how much he hates his wife.
he's gay.
 
Top