Worried about my Dad

Precursor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh I'm sort of worried about my father. I was in his room looking for disposable shavers when i stumbled across several pill capsules.

Heh. No big deal I thought. Pills. I read one and i recognized what it was used for. It was for diabetics. No big deal i thought to myself, although i never knew my dad was a diabetic.

Anyways, this gets my attention and I look up the other two pills and what it is used for. Turns out my dad has very high blood pressure, a weak heart (the pills relax the capillaries to ease pumping) , and a bad liver. This is scary ****.

My dad is not your normal dad, he isn't really able to help me with anything but that's understandable i suppose.
I won't go into details.

But i don't' want to lose my father. I know people with these symptoms, (esp the heart) will not go on long. I'm so glad i accidentally discovered this so i can spend time with him, however worthless it might sound.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consider some natural supplementation to help his symptoms.

Garlic for blood pressure, and as an immune system booster, and anti viral.

Milk Thistle for Liver detoxification.

L Carnitine and CoEnzyme Q10 for heart function.

Chromium Picolinate for insulin normalizing and function.

L Arginine for vasodilation.

Omega 3 for anti inflammatory properties, testosterone levels, and brain function.

B Complex vitamins to help combat the effects of high stress.

Many diseases are casued by stress.
Stress that may be superficial, or underneath the surface.
Perhaps there are many unresolved emotional issues he is dealing with.
Human contact and touch increase the immune sytem and enhance well being.
A positive mind set also focused on disease prevention also helps.
(ex. "I never get sick. I don't get sick because I don't want that experience. Instead, I want health. Optimum health. EVery day, all day.")
I remember Wayne Dyer saying that he never gets sick. He never catches even a cold.
This is not "luck", or day dreaming,.

You have the potential to fully control your body.

"There is no physical state that cannot be altered."

Try to create a less stressful environment for him. Also. try to see if you can start connecting with him as your father.
Father /Son bonds are rare these days.
Maybe you should take advantage of this time and need and do what you can for him and yourself.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try helping him out.

Get him into the gym with you, and get him eating healthy foods.

Very rarely are those things chronic, and most of the time are the result of poor diet and fitness choices... If it was Type 1 diabetes you'd know for sure, because he'd have all the gear that diabetics need, around the house.

Likely it's adult onset diabetes which is basically just diet.

--

If I were you, I'd definitely have a shot at helping him out.

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but usually what happens in cases like his is:

1. He feels sort of odd, not good.
2. He does what he thinks is best, and goes to hospital.
3. M.D. checks him out, tell him the deal.
4. M.D. gets PAID to prescribe medication.
5. M.D. prescribes medication to band-aid the problem.
6. Your dad believes "doctor knows best."

Do some sleuthing and find out what kind of foods he eats on a daily basis, and how much exercise he does. Then tell us, or go to Health and Fitness forum and repost.

Here's some food for thought:

Prescription drugs/medication is the 4th leading cause of death in the United States.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I know exactly what you mean. I'm in the same place with my Pop.

He and I are both diabetic (He's type I and I'm type II) he shoots insulin while I'm on pills and shoot Byetta twice a day. His eyesight is rapidly deteriorating and he's pretty much lost the ability to drive which keeps him caged and if you knew Senior K you'd know that neither of us can be leashed for very long before breaking out.

He's going to end up living with us before very long.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad had really high cholesterol & blood pressure. He finally caved into going to the gym with me. His cholesterol is now normal and he's really fit. He sent me a bucket of whey last week lol.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the health and fitness forum and ask what you can do with your dad. There is a lot of misinformation about healthy diets and the h&f guys know whats up.

For starters, stop him from eating all refined carbs and processed foods. Reccomend more fruits and veggies. And start him on a fish oil supplement.

Don't let some doctor let him become some pill popping dependent.