Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World Cup 2010 South Africa!

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am rooting for the US - I expect them to to get out of pool play and do damage in the knockout rounds - no pressure on them

TriniBoySmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
USA!!
We will sweep England. They are really overrated and I am confident in our boys.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They should skip the 2010 World Cup and Give the Title to Brazil... yep there that good.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
They should skip the 2010 World Cup and Give the Title to Brazil... yep there that good.
That's what they said in World Cup 2006

In the knockout rounds, anything can happen

shadowfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to see England win it but we wont. We will reach the quarter finals ,again and lose on penalties...

This is my take on the main teams...

Brazil edge it for me over Spain. Dunga has managed to create a highly efficient, well organised team that also has individual players like Kaka that can win you a game in one moment.

Spain will come close. They have so many good players but I haven't seen them play recently and they could only win 3-2 with a last minute goal by Llorente to beat Saudi Arabia which is a bit worrying for them. They are the current holders of the european championships. On paper they have no weaknesses in the team or on the bench. Main player: Xavi

Argentina - no one knows what they will do. They have the best player in the world - Messi and countless other great players but the manager, Maradona, is insane!!!! He does not pick Cambiasso and Zanetti, who have been brilliant for Inter. He picks Martin Palermo a 34 year old has been, over Diego Milito!!!
They will either surprise everyone and win it (this wont be due to Maradona it will be despite him) or they will go out the first round and not win a single match. In qualifying they lost 6-1 to ......... Bolivia, so unpredictable.

Italy (current holders)- the players are too old. The manager somehow left out Antonio Cassano who is a genius but a bit of a troublemaker. The rest of the players have had awful seasons as they pick the core of the players from Juventus and AC Milan. They will struggle to keep up with faster and stronger players but technically they are very good. I suspect however they will go out in the second round.

England - rely too much on Rooney. Gerrard and Lampard are brilliant midfielders but struggle when playing for England for some reason. Walcott our secret weapon has been left at home - he is insanely quick, who else would you put on at extra time when players are really tired. He could have won us the competition from the subs bench. The defence is dodgy, they have a hard time keeping possession of the ball. It is hoped Gareth Barry returns from injury as he provides the cover that allows Lampard and Gerrard to attack and is the link in midfield.

Germany - dont have Michael Ballack which is a big blow to there chances of winning. They always do well at the championships. I think quarters or semi final exit for them. Always well organised and get the tactics right. Podolski and Klose are goal machines at these competitions.

Portugal - Mourinho said even if Ronaldo plays at 1000% they cannot win. Shock exit at the group stage? Its happened before with a better team in 2002 when they had Figo, Rui Costa etc.

France - There manager Domenech is mad. However they have a good team. I expect them to go for the semi-finals or quarter finals. There best player is Franck Ribery.

Holland - could be in with a chance. Technically brilliant, they have Robben and Sneijder (the best players in the champions league this season). If they all get along they can do well. Just have to hope they dont hit the self destruct button as they usually do. I think these will be semi-finalists.

Best of the rest? Wont win but will cause an upset and could go far...

Ivory Coast,
USA,
Uruguay
Greece - well they did win the European Championship not long ago.

There that is my verdict. ;)

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many England players like Gerrard and Lampard under perform. Would rather see Barry and Milner in the midfield.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serbia will surprise many.

Cheers!

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
Serbia will surprise many.
Didnt they lose against Australia to qualify?
MEXICO

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
England might have found what they were missing until now, a great coach, and Capello is not only a great coach, he is probably the best of the competition.

I don't agree on Brasil being a favorite this time around. Except for Kaka they miss the stars that made them so popular 5 or 10 years ago. Even so, I don't doubt they will make a great run for it.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
Didnt they lose against Australia to qualify?
MEXICO
Worse, they lost to New Zealand. But it was only a friendly.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no clue, but I can predict the following no-brainers:
- New Zealand will not win a single game.
- USA will surely not win (they haven't even gotten the name of the game right ;))

frenchbeauty

Don Juan
Reaction score
North Korea

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am hoping US takes down England in pool play - I think the US has a good chance of earning at least a draw

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
England please annihilate the U.S. in pool play, they deserve it. :p

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
England please annihilate the U.S. in pool play, they deserve it. :p
The US has a great chance of earning at least a draw with England

You will be pleasantly surprised with the US squad

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spain's my bet. Well, I've actually put money down on a lucky dip sweepstake and got given brazil, not too bad when I could have drawn new zealand.

Come on england!