Workout

TheTrimReaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For all of you guys who are getting over the loss of a woman, do some exercise. Forget talking about things. Forget thinking about things. Get off your a*s and get moving.

I finally did some exercise last night, the first after things ended with my ex, and I felt a lot better. There was a noticeable difference in my mood.

First off, I got a warm, peaceful feeling. Contrast this with the panic, and minute-to-minute struggle I had been facing for weeks.

I also finally got some real sleep last night. I slept almost six hours! Yeah, I know that isn't enough, but it's a lot better than the three hours I had been getting for as long as I could remember.

Keep in mind that I have been as low as one can possibly be. And I'm astonished that something as simple as getting moving for thirty minutes could have such an effect on my emotions. I'm not saying that I'm cured or anything like that, but I'm definitely impressed.

RobLB

Banned
Reaction score
I went through the same situation you did. Exercise definetly helps with the depression part of a breakup. Plus you will feel and look better so its like a win-win situation. I just went through the hardest breakup of my life even worse than my divorce so I know how u feel. Especially the sleeping part. I took anti-depressants and sleeping pills and overall the exercise part has been the best. It's been about 2 mo. since my breakup and I have been exercising for a month straight and I am just now starting to feel better about myself and I am in the best shape I've been in, in a long time! So keep exercising cause it will pay off and hopefully you can get you life back together.

Its amazing how much another human being (woman) can suck the life out of somebody!!!!

But in the end it will make you a stonger person.

Lance

guitaronfire411

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Build up the muscles and don't cut corners. Know what you want out of it: lower reps with higher weights will make you bigger, but it won't give you strength!

TheLibraryGhost

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, I've found that getting a decent amount of sleep at night has an unbelievably, spectacularly large effect on how ****ty you're going to feel the next day (if you're feeling down).

Exercise, I've found recently, also helps out. With the two combined, it's very easy to find yourself feeling a hundred times better before too long.

As Lance said, it's amazing how another human being (or any negative emotion) can simply drain the life out of you if you're not careful.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by guitaronfire411
Build up the muscles and don't cut corners. Know what you want out of it: lower reps with higher weights will make you bigger, but it won't give you strength!
uh yeah it will give you strength, thats the definition of strength

tomyv

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post,

After the ending of an 8 yr relationship, went from being chubby, dropped over 20 pounds, and added a ton of muscle, not to mention you just feel great, and the confidence factor.