Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout question

RestoretheROAR84

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back to the gym after kind of a long absence and it feels good haha. But one question I have... before I lifted at school with my friends and I had people to spot me on the bench but now I joined a new gym for the summer and I don't know anyone there. Is it weird to ask someone else working out if they want to do bench with you or to spot you... or ask the staff? The place does PT so most of them have patients this might be a dumb question so sorry if it is lol.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have trained by myself for ages now, only training buddy I ever had couldnt be assed to go training so I had to do it by myself...I never ask any one for a spot either. Though I've been asked to spot some people before. Once i was asked to spot this guy that was probably twice my size...i could barely pick up the weight so ****s knows what would have happened if he got pinned or some ****, he would have probably died hahahaha

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally bench in the power rack, but there is nothing wrong with asking somebody at the gym for a spot. I wouldn't ask an employee, but just walk up to somebody when they finish their set and ask if they wouldn't mind giving you a spot. Never bother somebody in the middle of a set, unless ofcourse you feel content with an olympic bar being shoved up your a$$.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Patients, lmao.

Sorry, made me chuckle.

RestoretheROAR84

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol yeah they have physical therapy patients to work w/ haha... what exactly is a power rack and does it keep you from pinning yourself if you push to failure?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
i think powerrack== smith machine
no it does not

RestoretheROAR84

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah I know what you're talking about now... that's what they have for squatting there. So you just move the bench in there and set the safety catches where you can set the bar down if u fail?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, i've seen those in older gyms... i agree, smith, sucks.. lacks range of movement, and the helps a bit too much.