Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout Log

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't be touching coco pops, they are a treat-not a daily occurence. Looks like you are going to have to rely heavily on eggs/milk/whey to get your protein and fat, but you knew this already.

If you really want to keep the coco pops then you are going to have to get some more protein. Chucking some whey into the milk and having a few eggs will suffice.

For meal 2, it would be better to do have 4 eggs , 2 slices of toast+butter and milk with whey in it.

Your protein shakes with milk should also have some whey and/or raw eggs in them, although you didn't specify what is in them. A Protein shake could mean a lot of things.

Pasta and rice isn't going to do much but fill you up. Pretty terrible combo for muscle gain, but at least there are some veggies. I understand it is hard at your age to get the necassary food, and even harder since you are vegetartian. But again, you should be getting a decent amount of protein at every meal, and if that means more whey/milk/eggs, that is what it will have to be.

If I were you I would also be doing a carb cutoff. All that milk is a recipe for fat gain. I hope you are doing plenty cardio as well. On the subject of milk, raw is best.

Also, you would be better following the traditional Rippetoes workout:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

You will recover better from it and progress faster.

Are you allowed fish?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By protein shake i mean it's protein made from brown rice with 22.6g of protein per 30g serving. I also add a bit of rose syrup to the shake to try better the sickening taste of it :down: .

I thought pasta + rice was good was for muscle due to all the carbs; which are needed for bulking, or do I stand corrected?

I don't do any cardio at all, what would you reccomend, HIIT?

Also, i do think i need a new routine, but I will be unable to do Rippetoes.

You need a bench, squat rack and lots of weights, which i unfortuenately don't have.

The only way i have of working out at a gym is at my local one where I'm safe with the manager and she lets me use the equipment for free if i work there, but theres one bench which everyone crowds around, no squat/power rack and around 100kg of weight in total which others will want to use aswell so I'll hardly get the chance to deadlift.

Apart from this i have no money to buy equipment or go to a better gym.

This is why i want to start squats and milk, It's consists of exercises you don't need much equipment for, and it is devised to build mass.

I can use chairs for dips, I don't need much weight for the squats due to the high amount of reps, I found a ledge outside that lets me grab onto it properly to allow me to perform more reps than I could at home using a doorframe or something, the only problem is the decline sit-ups, but i could probably do another ab exercise.

Also, i know Squats and Milk will be grueling, but it still seems fun.

And no, no fish, guess I'll just have to plow down the milk + eggs.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole idea behind squats and milk is to destroy your body and feed it tons of calories, carbs, fats, and protein. Apparently you'll grow like crazy. Although it isn't a long term thing you can do... That's why they recommend 6 weeks. You must squat 3 times and week and add 5 lbs each time. So grueling isnt' the word choice I'd use. In six weeks you will have put about 80-90 pounds on your 20 rep squat. And if you are not eating something like 5000-6000 calories and 2gramsxbodyweight of protein everyday this will be very hard to achieve I imagine + You don't even have a squat rack...what are you going to do if you fail and have this heavy @$$ weight on your back at the bottom of your lift? Not somewhere I want to be i'll tell you that.

Just pound down your Nuts/peanut butter, milk, eggs, whey as your protein sources. I'd wait to do the squats and milk till you have better equipment.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny how eggs are okay for vegetarians while chickens are not.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could do front squats. You don't need a rack for for those, just clean the barbell from the floor.

But the Starting Strength program is the best for beginners, so I don't think there's really any reason to do anything else.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you lay out what exercises you currently do, and what equipment you do have. Be clear, do you have barbell/dumbbells. How much can you load on to each.

All I really meant from the Rippetoe comment was that 3x5 is better than 5x5, especially 3x a week.

Cardio is something we can sort out later.

Do you know of any other good gyms in your area that have more weight/equipment? And don't rule out going to that other gym at times when it is quiet-if you are determined you will find a way. Long term though, you need a solution. Start saving.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercises

• Box Pistols
  • T-bar Rows, will shortly start doing barbell rows again and see if I've broken my plateau
  • Overhead Press
  • Push-ups
  • I would do deadlifts but my weights only reach a certain weight which i can do for 5x5 quite easily.

Equipment

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&sa=N is the bar I'm currently using, it has all the weights stated on that page apart from its missing 2 2.5kg's.

I also have one dumbell from that set.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...t_10199523|Weights+and+dumbbells|10199526.htm is the other bar i have, it's not as long and it doesnt have exactly all those weights. I have 2 4.5's, 6 2.3's and 6 1.1's.

I have the 2 dumbells aswell.

Max i can load onto the reebok barbell is 57kg, then i run out of room for any other plates.

Gyms

I'm Google mapping to find any other good local gyms

Managed to find:
http://www.stevie-bs-gym.co.uk/gym.html

on page 21 of Google, dont think I'm gonna find anything else tbh

Last edited:

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is another option for doing a one leg squat:

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=4105&tid=105

This keeps your back in a better position. You can also put your front foot on a step if you need to so that you are at least breaking parallel. Just a thought.

You could also consider weighted lunges.

From what I can see you are only doing bodyweight press ups. You can do over 10, so start adding weight into a bag and put it on your back. You should have quite a bit of room for improvement here as you should be able to fit 20kg+ into the bag.

Depending on how much weight you can fit on a dumbbell, you could also do a variety of moves with it. One such example would be a one arm DB floor press, or if you could manage to raise yourself a couple of inches of the ground it would become a one arm DB bench press.

I don't know if you have ever been on www.rosstraining.com, but it is a great site. The book never gymless would probably be useful for you.

You could also consider making a sandbag kit, which is very cheap to do, as seen here:

http://www.rosstraining.com/sandbagconstructionkit.pdf

I would also recommend adding in some core work ala abb rollouts:

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/wheel.html

These can be done with a barbell and rolling it along the floor. Starting from a kneeling position.

Again though, try and find a decent gym that is cheap. You want to have as good a variety as possible.

Don't you have anywhere to do chinups?

PS-Do you live in the UK? If so whereabouts?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to do Bulgarian Split Squats, but Pistols looked so much cooler, don't see any reason why i can't do them though :D .

Yeah, i could to the push ups with a rucksack full of weights too.

I can load up 27.5kg onto my reebok dumbell, but at a guess the dumbell itself probably weighs 1.5kg. I compared the empty dumbell between a 1.25 and a 2.5 and it was just slightly heavier than a 1.25, so all in all around 29kg.

My other york dumbells are a lot longer than the reebok one so i'll be able to fit on more plates; but the collars that come with it are crap and if too much weight pushes against it it just slides off, along with the plates. So if my arm starts to wobble around and the dumbell isn't in a straight line, more than likely the plates will slide off. I'm sure i'll find a way around it though.

I'm sure i could somehow raise myself off the ground aswell for the bench press.

It does look pretty good to build the sandbag, and I've actually wanted to try it. Convincing my mum will be hard though, it took months of convincing before she let me get weights, then another few months of convincing before i got whey protein :/.

I've actually already made an ab roller using one of my york dumbells, it has a plastic handle that can be taken off, and it doesnt have like screw on collars, but ones you put on the dumbell then tighten, similar to this: http://shopping.canoe.ca/ss/media/7878000/7878799.jpg

I just took everything off it so it was just an empty metal bar and put a plate either end of it, thinking of making a wrist roller too.

Yep, I've found somewhere to do chins and pull ups. Its not a proper bar though, more like a ledge where your fingers are at a 90 degree angle to your palm, but i can still get a good grip on it.

I do live in the UK, town called Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham , about 30 mins away form the Bullring.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah I've got some friends who live around there, Dudley, Solihull, Birmingham (Edgbaston). Damn you must have a dodgy accent :D (I do as well, N. Yorks/Teesside accent)

There's not many good gyms around here (Teesside/Middlesbrough area) but I go to a decent backstreet gym with all the gear, it's pretty cheap, 17 quid a month. Can you find a scruffy gym in some back street where it's as cheap as chips?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, Dudley accents are the best "Doodlaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

My accent isn;t too bad though, apparently it sounds like i made up my own though :confused: .

I was googling all last night for gyms around birmingham and got to page 21 and gave up. I only looked at gyms with websites though, would have been a tad silly calling them up at 2am. Plus the phone bill wudda been huuuuuuge, mummy wouldn't have been too impressed.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro you really really really need to get to a real gym. The gains you get from proper equipment are staggering.

Also your not eating enough coco pops are very very bad for you its highly refined and full of sugar.

One cup of cooked soybeans (29 gms of protein), lentils (18 gms of protein), black beans (15 gms of protein), kidney beans (13 gms of protein), chickpeas (12 gms of protein), veggie baked beans (12 gms of protein), pinto beans (12 gms of protein), black-eyed peas (11 gms of protein), peas (9 gms of protein), spinach (5 gms of protein) and broccoli (4 gms of protein) should all be eaten

Here's a diet that should work for you.

Meal one

1 cup Porridge made with water
1 scoop whey with 3 egg whites
2 glasses water
1 glass milk

meal two

hummus on two pieces of wholegrain bread (at least 15% wholegrain content)
2 glasses water
1 glass milk

Meal three (also your meal after training)

one cup of a mixture of the veges I posted above
2 glasses of water
(could add 1 scoop meal replacement powder)

Meal four (also your power meal before training)

half cup of almonds
half cup of yoghurt
1 scoop whey
2 glasses water

Meal 5

one cup of a mixture of the veges I posted above
1 scoop whey
2 glasses water
half cup of yoghurt

Also a glass of milk and some yoghurt before bed,

This is very very basic but it should give you enough carbs/protein and fats to make you really grow, you can add olive oil and vinegar and some spices to flavour and change things around if it gets boring. You can also mix the meals around and even repeat a few if you need too also eat as much of those veges I posted above as you can but be carefull they can cause you harm as they are hard to digest, but thats where the almonds and yoghurt should help.

Adding some fruit early morning won't hurt either but thats mainly for anti oxidants and vit c.

Also your first two meals are the largest as well most people sleep for 6-9 hours every night and thats a long time to not eat thus eating two slightly larger meals in the morning kickstarts your engine and keeps you going all day long, also find a good cheap multi to boost up your vit and min intake.

Also cardio before meal one and always take a scoop of protein with water before any cardio, for some reason it works better but thats arguable and up to you.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers for the indepth diet typical :D . Will get onto it ASAP, got most of the stuff at home anyway.

And an extra big cheers Quagmire for the links, tips and advice. Any other other insight you'd wish to add would be much appreciated, unless you've covered everything :) .

Here, you can have an extra special smily :flowers:

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a week off in France.

Been drinking and other stuff.

Eating crap.

Time to get back to work.

Starting Ripptoes today, will post up results later.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Came back easy.

Box Pistols - 5x5 - 15"

• Did 5x5 accidently, instead of 3x5.

DB Bench Press - 3x5 - 12kg

• Second time benching, started out easy. I'm not very good at it, first time i tried my max was 45kg.

• Right arm felt alright, left arm wobbled around a bit.

Pull ups - 5/4/3 - BW

• Just did them because i was curious about how many i could do.

• Did them hanging off my door, killer on the hands.

• What would be better to work the biceps, full ROM pull ups or 3/4 ROM chin ups?

Dips - 5/2 - BW

• Pleasantly surprised by these, last time i did them i could just about do one.

• Shoulders went below elbows on each rep.

Kneeling Ab Rollouts - 1 - BW

• Forgot to do these, just tried them now and could only do one rep with full ROM.

• I'm gonna start doing some cardio aswel, my endurance is terrible.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was it a Db floor press or did you manage to raise yourself of off the floor?

If you can't do rollouts you can do the plank for time or hanging leg raises if you can suspend yourself.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i raised myself off the ground, about 8 or so inches.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Broken my finger :(

Someone sat on it in rugby and i felt some pain in my pinky. It looked sort of crooked but i wasn't in too much pain.

I got it looked at later and turns out i've broken it.

Doc said it won't take too long to heal though, 3ish weeks.

I'll still be able to do box pistols, but won't be posting results.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck with the recovery, and be thankful it wasn't something more serious.

Use the time to get your conditioning way up.