Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Working the Neck/Shoulder area?

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some feedback on something..

First of all, im a pretty skinny guy.. about 5'6" but only about 118lbs witha super high metabolism. I've gained more than 10 lbs since i started working out in august, so im proud of that. I have fairly good toning (due to lack of fat lol) in my chest, abs, and biceps (forearms and triceps are coming along, but very slowly... Im working my deltoid, its gettin some nice definition)

The thing is htough, i noticed that when i have my shirt off, you can see like my collarbone and the bone that connects to the collarbone in the shoudler is very visible.

Is there anyway to get some muscle there to get some broader more muscular shoulders?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god. You used to weight 108??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's just... gross. :D When did you escape from Auschwitz? :D

Sorry, that was mean. I can give you tips, though.

if you want to build up your shoulders to enhance the v-taper look, the best is probably military presses. And if you want to get rid of that "bone connecting to the collar bone", then the only way is to do incline bench presses with dumbbells, proabably at 30, 45, and 60 degrees. You ahve to work it HARD to build muscle to cover up the bone in your upper chest area.

don't forget to eat, eat EAT. You have to eat until you become nauseous since you're a very hard gainer.

The Irish Tongue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, do inclined bench presses like a fiend. You can also beef up that area by doing trapezius (traps) lifts.

Traps are the muscle that connects at your shoulder and runs to the base of your neck.

Work them with seated rows, or standing lifts. Stand up, hold the weight at waist height, raise straight up to your chin. Since its a bigger muscle, use heavier weight, lower reps. But remember, form and technique always supercede weight.

DannyOcean

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is going to sound a little strange but...try squats.

I've been squatting a lot this year but doing no direct trapezius work and I've been very impressed with the growth there. Squats works so many muscles that I shouldn't be surprised but it was a nice side benefit nonetheless. :)

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definetly do some incline bench press work, switch between barbell and dumbells, try out some incline cable or dumbell flyes too. Upright rows and shrugs will also help you out some more.