Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Working in a Nightclub - Suggestions

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys how y'all doing?

This is the situation: Tomorrow night, i'm starting back at my old job, working glass collecting (collecting the empties, then returning them to the bars)in a nightclub. This means that for the next 2/3 weeks (just doing it as a xmas job), i'm gonna be spending most nights walking round a nightclub - an ideal scenario for chatting up birds.
Last time i did the job a few months back, i was too afc to take advantage of it though, and tended to get on with the job, generally only chatting to people i already knew. Since then, i've learned a lot off SoSuave and been doing the Bootcamp (on these boards, have a look if you want) and i reckon my confidence is much greater as a result, and i'm looking forward to putting this to the test in the club.
Anyway, what i wanna know is: any you guys (perhaps someone who's done a similar job) have any suggestions on getting birds (i.e. chatting up and getting numbers, can't go pulling birds while working, would get a right boll0cking!) through a job like this?

dookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it might work better for you if you were a bartender, host, bouncer or security. I am trying to get a job at a couple of nightclubs as a vip host or bouncer. These positions give you more opportunity to chat up "birds." I dont have the bartender skills so I won't be applying for that position.

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey fatbird rooter :D
I recently just started work as a glassy in a nightclub too and i have noticed a couple of things.

1) Bouncers get a farkload of biartches comin up to them

2) Its damn hard to talk to them in the first place coz the music so loud

3) The damn rack of glasses gets in the way of gettin close to them and u cant look too cool holdin a rack full of rubish and dirty glasses :D

I hav had a few conversations with girls but they didnt seem totally interested... other than the old skanks who pinched me on the bum :(

So yea i dunno mate.. im lookin for some advice too!

dookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bouncers, bartenders, security, and hosts get all the ***** cuz they are in a "power position." If you want to get the birds then I would suggest moving up from the glass job to the bartender or something...

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey i am in a "power position"! .... i oversee the cleanin of all the glasses. Tis important u know.. or.. or they could like build up n stuff.. FEAR ME! :D

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh i agree with you guys about the bartenders having an advantage with birds because they're seen in more of a power position, its definately a more glamorous job which attracts the birds more than walking round with a tray full of dirty glasses. Where I work though, the guys on the bar reckon us glass collectors have it easier with birds cos we can go after any bird we want, whereas they have to wait for them to come to the bar and then its awkward for them to chat up birds properly with tons of other customers waiting to be served. I reckon the pros outweigh the cons on the bar though, and when i worked there in the past, it was generally the guys on the bar who got the most success. Personally, i can't really get work on the bar anyway- I'm only working there for 2/3 weeks before i go back to uni so it wouldn't be worth my boss's while getting me trained on the tills etc.
Anyway in my position as it is, I reckon the best route to success might be simply to make sure i chat to as many different birds who i don't already know as possible (there are plenty of areas where i work where you can make yourself heard no problem), as i've not done this enough in the past. Reckon if i set myself a target of 10 conversations tonight with birds i don't already know, it'll be a great motivator and it'll be interesting to see how much success that brings.
Any opinions or other ideas?

micko

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i am gonna set myself targets like that too.. try chattin up a few and see what happens. Just go for it. Worst that can happen is they complain to management and you get fired :p

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like the best route would be to get major social proof by chatting a lot to the bouncers, bartenders and other staff, especially the female ones. Then join in their conversations when THEY start talking to chicks and meet the chicks that way.

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, since there's a sh!tload of new members on the boards since i first posted this, i'm gonna be a gimp and bump my own thread:D

I've just started back working in the club - if poss, would be great to hear from anyone else who's worked in a club and hear some specific examples/field reports of the success stories! Or just some general methods/openers used to chat up women when working in a club.

My experience is that when working, its more a case of chatting and having a laugh with whole groups of people (both male and female) rather than hitting on girl after girl, which you might do if you were out, not working.
When collecting the glasses, i guage their reaction when i ask if the drinks are finished to see if they're friendly and open to conversation, if so, i'll make the effort to chat further and get to know them. If not, i just get on and do my job.
If a particular girl takes my interest, and i sense shes feeling me too, i'll make sure to go and talk to her again, if poss without her mates there, and get her number.
I generally don't bother closing the ones who are flirting heavily and pinching your ass cos they're drunk or cos they're just have a laugh cos you're a member of staff (can usually tell when this is the case).

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at a club and it's a goldmine!
I'm a bouncer so I get to walk around wherever I feel like or just chill at a cool spot...

It's really easy to talk to girls and often they'll come up and start chatting me up... It's funny when girls try to pick you up cuz they are so clueless.... Freaking AFChicks! I'll have girls asking me where the washroom is after coming out of there 10 min ago or ask something stupid like that. Of course I'll immediately accuse them of hitting on me and go into old MASF routine of chicks being sexual predators :crackup: