Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Working evenings, nights, weekends and maintaining a social life, how?

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those of you who have worked weekends, nights, evenings doing 2nd or 3rd shift work, how do you keep an active social life?

For the last 4 months, I've been working evenings and I work every weekend, every thurs, fri, sat, sun. By the time I get off work, it's too late to go anywhere, and there isn't much time to do anything before my shift starts.

I've worked night shifts before, but usually I'd have a Friday or a Saturday off to socialize. I feel that my game and my social skills are deteriorating rapidly. I know the long term solution is to find a day job and I'm in the process of doing that, but for those of you who have been in my shoes, how do you keep your skills sharp? How do you maintain your social life?

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
Once you learn how to drive a car, unless you become a vegetable, you will ALWAYS know how to drive a car.

Your social skills arent going anywhere, instead...you have something called a ....LIFE.

Which is the goal of this site, to get guys to get a life, and stop stressing out over women and life in general.

You will find time in the future to go out, if you currently have no time, dont sweat it....unless, you want to quit one of your jobs? Dunno how much they are paying you, but unless you find a hoe to pimp, haha, I dont think you should do that...haa.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the input brotha.

I'm at the point where I have to go back to basics. For me developing social skills took ton of work and a whole lot of time and struggle and it often involved fighting against my very nature. I'm sure most of yall can relate. I lose the skills if I don't use them.

Wouldn't you agree though that having an active social life is a significant element for having a fulfulling life in general?

I have my work cut out for me but I know what I need to do. Any more input would appreciated.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's where dating in the workplace might be the way to do it. I know I'm going to get flamed for that last statement. However, the reason why dating co-workers and dating fellow students when you're in school is so easy is that there's not that factor of having to call up the girl as the only means of seeing her.

Look at it this way, when you were in school, you would probably just run into on a daily basis, that girl who you thought was cute. This creates numerous opportunities to slowly develop rapport with her without having to plan it out. On the other hand, after school is done, the only way you're going to get to know the girl is to call her up, plan to meet her somewhere, and then get to know her. The first step already makes your intentions known to her that you enjoy being around her, so it spoils some of the mystery I guess. It's just more complicated.

Anyways, point being, if you have any cute girls you work with, just get to know them better, and if things work out well, go for it. It's probably the best chance you have given that your other options are not too great.

JPR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I know what you are talking about. I was working in normal day time hours cube farm job before I was sent to this stupid plant to provide support during the night shift. So I leave my house at 5PM and come back at 7AM, go to sleep and wake up about 2PM. I found if I sleep less then that I find my self falling a sleep all night at work.
Anyhow yeah I found I can't get anything done in the 3hrs I am awake before I have to head to work on a night shift. I work 6 days a week and some weeks like this one even 7 days a week. So talk about no life :down: I haven't been out to a bar since I started working nights, haven't had a sip of alcohol, haven't hung out with my friends ... it's killing me phsycologicaly more then physicaly to have to work nights. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because I am trying to save up money to buy a house so all this 80hrs/week OT is bring in some very nice $$$ for me.
Oh well I have may be another month of this and then I back in the office :)