"work" related problem

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday i met this actress that i spoke to a few times 3-4 years ago.

Since we were involved in a project back then then meeting at a coffe house was almost like "haven't see you in soooo long," kinda thing.

She told me quick story of what she was up to i told her that nowdays i shoot and direct.

I had a meeting to go to so i couldn't chat that much so i gave her my business card to which she responded with her cell number and an email that she wrote on a piece of paper (insisting 3 times to call her so we can get together for a coffee)

Normally it would show quote high interest level but then again a young actress would definately want to have a DP/director as her friend. On the other hand i'm not famous or anything and my project are low budget so it's not like knowing me implies "finding golded apples."

Of course i'll try to go out with here since she's really hot, but what do i look for to know how to diferenciate genuine interest from business-related friendliness?

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you go out together... remember to see if she is more interested in your work and what you do and the studio and blah blah... any new roles by the way... or is she genuinely interested in you as a person..like how's life and all that shyte. that will give you your answer mate.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
doesn't matter

I usually agree with jakeyboy but have a slightly different take on this. I would say you have lots in common and she has a dual interest. The real question is "do you want to convert it?". Also, what do you want? A three point pop or an LTR because if you want an LTR, you are just an AFC looking for some game.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm.... sart i overloooked that point. thanks for that great insight and for being so concise.

yup, could be seen as dual interest on her part. then perhaps in this case, he ought to look out for signs of interest when he kinos her, does she warm up to him, or does she edge away...

ooh this is a tough one.

seems as if her IL in you is pretty high, considering the fact you both have similar interests and work. therefore high IL in you can be mistaken for romatic interest when it may just be dual interest as sart said.

in this case, a night out on the town, a couple of drinks, a lot of kino might just get you lucky.

gruby

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i don't have any LTR ambitions at the moment. I'll go out and see...