Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Work Ethic and Study

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So basically I have terrible work ethic.

I've been working on it for several months now but I still leave class-related work until the last minute(or later).

I procrastinate way too much, I'm aware of that. It only happens in some areas of my life though. For instance, I go to the gym every day of the week without fail, rain or shine. I have great work ethic if I like what I'm doing, but when it comes to school work, I just can't bring myself to do it. I'll find ways to avoid doing work until the pressure is on, until it's do or die. It's crushed my chances of getting into good universities, and now I'm struggling just to get into any one.

How did you guys develop good work ethic and study habits? I've read lots of stuff on it, but whenever the time comes to turn knowledge into action, I end up procrastinating.

It's absolutely murdering me.

How do you guys just sit down and start working? Is it about wanting the results, is it simply fun(the work), or is it something else...

I've worked on this for almost a year now and I feel like I've made no progress...Here I am doing 80% of the class work in the last week of classes, as usual...

Thanks.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same with me. It's so hard for me. I'm very optimistic that I'll be able to do something I like when I grow up, so hopefully I won't have the problem my whole life. I'm working on it.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I know how you feel.

I'm confused as to how to break the bad habit though.

Like, do I just take the pain and struggle through sitting down and doing the work, or is it a different mindset that makes the actual deed of starting work easy?

This is my next big personal thing that I'm trying to work out, and clearly what I've been doing hasn't been enough.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are like how you are. I'm getting better after being here in sosuave for a while. There was a post that changed me a lot though, by Pook. I'll dig up part of it.

Consistency is the most important thing to success... in whatever you do.

When I was 13, I was sick of having my life controlled by everyone else, by parents, by school, etc. Finally having access to a computer (that my Dad would smuggle from work), I decided to create my own world. I could make my characters, could kill them off, I would blow up the world. It was MY WORLD. I told people I would write a novel and they just kinda chuckled or laughed. Within a year, I had a manuscript of about 500 single spaced pages.

Of course, a lot of it read like cr@p. Remember, I was only 13. What did I know of anything? It got a lot better structure and writing wise as it went on.

The point was that I finished it. I forged in myself the self-discipline to make that happen. AFter that, I could do anything. I would write more books, and do many totally unrelated things (which resulted in one time pissing off a major company). [I don't want to give the impression that it was writing. Rather, it was finding out what I wanted to do and doing it, seeing the project to completion.]

The reason why I'm saying this is that I became friends with an English professor of mine. One night, late in his office, I was there and we were talking about literature and stuff. He told me he was working on a novel. But, alas, for some reason he said, "I just cannot seem to finish it."

I lost total respect in him after he said that and never visited him again.

How could I respect someone who cannot do at age 50 what a 13 year old could?

Take the gym. Lots of people sign up to go to the gym. Many will drop out after a while. Others will go merely for the 'feelings' they get from the gym ("I worked out today" they will say with smug confidence, forgetting that their body still looks the same as it did months ago). Then there are those who go to the gyms with their friends and turn it into a social event.

The gym example reveals many things why most people never succeed. Some buy all the books about gym training. Some hire a trainer. Yet, there is no difference.

Unsuccessful depends on others to get them going (such as depending on a trainer, going to the gym with friends thinking they will then go to the gym more (which is true, but they won't work out as well).

Successful depends solely on yourself, that you have the inner discipline to go the gym three days a week, and when you are in the gym, you push yourself. If you are consistent in doing this, you WILL see results.

This applies to everything else:

Unsuccessful don juans wait for something to get them started, a GREEN LIGHT from the women or a new technique.

Successful don juans go and do it.

Unsuccessful people go to work solely to not hear, "You're fired!" and work hard only to hear, "You're promoted!"

Successful people go to work because they love what they do and can't wait to go at it again.

It's your life. Are you going to let others define it, of how it *ought* to be including your college professors, your parents, or your friends? But if you want to define your life, you have GOT to be a self starter. Only then does the investing time work, as your time will be invested in yourself (where you'll always have it) unlike when you work for someone else (where the business owner gets the fruits of your time).
I don't know why, but it really helped put things in perspective for me.

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured it out three days ago. I know it's hard, last year was terrible for me. It was a 'holiday' of sorts, in that I tried, but nowhere near as hard as I could. I left things to the last minute and still ended up doing fairly well, but I could have done better.

I know how to do it, and it's because of this forum actually and the DJ Bible.

Pook said "successful dj's become the best at what they do" and "Dj's are always looking to self-improve"

So in my self-improvement endeavour, that includes schoolwork. I know it's hard to do, but trust me. Just do your homework the day you get it, start assignments early (I'm doing the first half of one now and school for the year hasn't even started yet). I want to be the best at what I do (not bragging :S) and I am going to make it happen. This year is my life changing year, and it's a promise I made to myself.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out during the year ;)

lolxP

Don Juan
Reaction score
same here bigw. i procrastinate like ****. but recently ive been able to study and everything. this year is gonna be a life changing year for me too :) and not just in the area of sarging =P