WOndering what the take is on the whole "pimp culture" emerging here...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I dunno if this is the place to post about this, but I get irked when I see the "pimp culture" taking too active a role in here.

Of course, pimps are very good at charming and manipulating women, but it's usually women with very low esteem, and like anything, the advice here at sosuave.com can be used for good or ill. I don't like the idea of it being promoted to get women to wh0re themselves and give you money, or buy stuff for you, etc...in my opinion, a man should be able to make his OWN money and even if he knows he's better and more valuable than a woman, he should still treat her, like everyone else, with a basic level of human-to-human respect, unless she gives him reason to do otherwise.

I'm not saying we should sympathize with women and their craziness, but to me, stuff like this:

personally, i'd rather be smackin hoes up and makin bytches buy me nice things.
just doesn't belong here.

Am I the only one who feels this way? This hip-hop inspired glorification of "pimps and hos" just doesn't seem to belong. :confused:

Draguignan

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all idiots trying to copy what they see on MTV. Personally I think it's absolutely disgusting and has no place here.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%.
Being a real DJ means to have high and noble principles.
a Don Juan is a gentleman.

He has values to show rescpect to everybody asn you said.

But when people here use language like pimps and hos,
they don't actually mean that literally.

Many times, when someone says "I was a Pimp last night"
just means that he was in control and was top on his game.

Heh, I have to admit that I've actually used it couple of times too.
But I know it can be annoying if someone uses it all the time non stop.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...I have described myself as a "pimp" or "pimpin'" before. What bothers me is all the garbage that certain people spout about being a REAL pimp and having women bring them money and buy them stuff and smacking them around and crap like that.

Personally, I believe it's all a lot of BS, but if it isn't, then it has no place here.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha, you know i agree with you, seeing as i am one of the ones on the front line of the battle with these hatred-spewling wackos.

good to know i am not the only one disgusted by it all.

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with each and every one of you. Realizing this makes me tune it out so I just don't here about it anymore because it's.... So Pimp It's Scary :D

( sorry I couldn't resist ...the poster doesn't seem disrespectful concerning this aspect related to women from judging the handful of posts I've read of him)

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the "pimp posts" are a nice refreshing change to all the virgin, pathetic geek, and LTR zealot posts.

If the pimp posts disgust you, then don't read them. You might just find, however, that the "pimp" mindset has a lot of transferrable ideas on seduction and attraction to any relationship, including LTR. You can leave out "smacking dat ho" in your own personal relationship and repertoire of seduction skills. ;)

Btw, I personally think the word "pimp" is completely misused by most people these days, but whatever.

Bottom line: take from this site what works for you, and leave the rest.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line: take from this site what works for you, and leave the rest.
Badabing, badaboom. Correct.

The pimptight game is such a polar opposite to the standard newbie AFC or Nice Guy mentality that it makes for some interesting reading. Being made aware that there are guys and women who live their lives like this is interesting - gives insight into a parallel world. A man doesn't have to be all-DJ, all-AFC or all-Pimp, he can learn about all the different ways of being and use those that fit him best in different situations.

edited:eek:ops comment made

Draguignan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you want to listen to a bunch of wiggers talking crap, I guess that's your choice.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I think DJ, I think of someone like George Clooney or Chow Yun Fat or Taye Diggs, not Eminem or fvckin Snoop Dogg. I find most guys on this site with names like "Playa" or "Pimp" or "Dawg" to be complete imbeciles, save a few precious exceptions.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
When I think DJ, I think of someone like George Clooney or Chow Yun Fat or Taye Diggs, not Eminem or fvckin Snoop Dogg. I find most guys on this site with names like "Playa" or "Pimp" or "Dawg" to be complete imbeciles, save a few precious exceptions.
Bravo.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find most guys on this site with names like "Playa" or "Pimp" or "Dawg" to be complete imbeciles, save a few precious exceptions.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am in complete agreeance, but anyone who would refer to themselves as dogg/playa/pimp seriously, well they would never understand.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iqqi
i am in complete agreeance
Hey babygirl... that's agree-MENT. You're welcome. ;) And I'm glad you agree with me.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me quote myself here....

It's not that I find Hip Hop culture uncool. In fact I quite enjoy it, and my casual speech with close friends contain numerous "urbanisms"... but I don't think a real suave gentleman needs to do that stuff.

Well, at the same time, I know that being a gentleman won't work for everyone.... for example a dude living in and trying to mack girls in Harlem or Inglewood, CA. The Cary Grant routine isn't gonna get you shyt there.

Basically, all I'm saying is that in my world that rough neck rappa bullshiznit won't get you far. That's all.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the difference between rapstars and rock'n'roll stars.

They are the outcast and women love that in men. Not the norm!

I starting to think that most of you guys that hate on pimps and players are envious because they pull the women that you symps want.

And the females are tired of falling for the players and pimps only to continue to the same sh*t because they can't help it.

Keep it real.

Why be uptight on something that you have no control of?

:confused: