Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women's view of modern dating.... Article... Discuss....

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She gets no sympathy from me. They ultimately get to have their pick of hundreds of guys and complain because they can't make better choices on who they say yes to. Their "filtering" skills suck. There's no way an emotional based person will ever make the correct rational decisions on who she should entertain. Once again modern day female has a problem acknowledging her part in the problem.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
LOL.

Umm no.. modern dating did not turn her into a b*tch. She was already a b*tch and it just came out when she didn't get what she felt entitled to.

The world cannot turn you into something you aren't lol.

Glassguy

Reaction score
She is a pump and dump and hasnt figured it out yet. These dudes that bought her $10 martinis probably saw the red flags flying all over the place and thought "fvck it. I will at least smash her for the drinks I bought".

She is better off bra-less, watching Netflix with her cat.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad (or not so? lol) to think that her toxic attitude and entitlement towards dating and men at large are what is hurting her chances at finding her "unicorn" guy. :rolleyes:

Even if she found him, she would probably get bored quick without the drama she's used to from her c0ck carousel days and go for some side piece player for some emotional fluctuation and variety between the sheets.

Def. some major post-wall hamstering happening here.

Good analysis, @Mauser96. :up:

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I became interested in red pill after my 3 relationships were ended by women (either ending or cheating). i didnt even know about tinder before one of my exes used it (fat one) (funny thing she was rejected there because she doesnt look like on photos,typical). whats worse she used tinder while she was still in relationship with me!! *****um

that girl in article probably only dated top 5% hottest men on OLD which are obvious players then she complains. maybe males are players too, but most SS members are males hurt by women and not women hurt by men. most people crying about no results from online dating (or from relationships in general) are males, not women

A

AJ84

This isn't Women's View of modern dating. It's one woman's view of modern dating and while some women may complain about where are all the good guys (like some guys here do about women), they don't give up, like this woman obviously has.

Also, she stated that she already feels disappointment before the date even begins and calls men morons. This is not the view of most modern women, who actually like men, and that picture is not likely a picture of the writer.

It's just some dumb blog from the female equilivant of an MGTOW. If she wants to give up, don't let the door hit ya...

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meanwhile on Netflix and Wine night:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't Women's View of modern dating. It's one woman's view of modern dating and while some women may complain about where are all the good guys (like some guys here do about women), they don't give up, like this woman obviously has.

Also, she stated that she already feels disappointment before the date even begins and calls men morons. This is not the view of most modern women, who actually like men, and that picture is not likely a picture of the writer.

It's just some dumb blog from the female equilivant of an MGTOW. If she wants to give up, don't let the door hit ya...
So how do you filter out your pursuers? What are the criteria you used to select your last guy?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bunch of complaints for her shooting above her SMV. Shoot within your SMV range, and you won't have these issues with either gender the majority of the time.

Don't like your SMV range? Then, get better.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I think this article sheds light on things I've been discussing, about how the dating market has changed based on the fact that Men and Women no longer "need" each other. We no longer need each other for survival (women don't need men to provide and men don't need women to keep the house together), as a result, it turns our relationships into forms of entertainment based on convenience. Even most people who are getting married today, are only doing so for attention, social media likes, and to fit into particular networks that usually shed a more positive light on being married rather than being single.

Let's go over some of what she "dislikes":

- She hates that many of the guys she meets have bad manners

- She hates that guys are more concerned about her looks than her "personality"

- She hates that guys treat her like a sex toy

- She wonders where the "good mature men" are

- She wonders why guys just "disappear"

- She hates competing with other women for one man

- Based on the above......she feels it's okay to have a ***** attitude

Here's the reality, we don't need each other anymore, as a result, the foundation of our relationships become based on what was once defined as superficial things. For men, it's all about how a woman LOOKS primarily. For women, it's really all about how a man makes her feel, in which good feelings are usually a result of a guy being strong in either personality, finances, looks, or a combination of the three.

The short term dating/one night stand market is BOOMING, but the long term relationship/quality relationship market is in a Great Recession. And that's because we are not MANUFACTURING long term relationship cultures anymore.

As we move forward over the next 10 - 20 years, expect to see more bisexual, gay, lesbian, and transgender lifestyles embraced. Expect to see the modern "family" structure further vanished. Expect social media and online dating to get even bigger than they are.

The way to WIN in this new market, is to forgo long term relationships and be focused on short term relationship goals. It's a new normal. This is not your granddaddy's or even your daddy's dating market anymore.

A

AJ84

So how do you filter out your pursuers? What are the criteria you used to select your last guy?
I actually I found my husband by posting flyers in all the local libraries. 'Woman looking for cognitively intact man, hair optimal, DNA sample require for criminal record check.'

And I found someone :)

Joking. I don't have a specific prototype in terms of physical appearances, like they have to be white, tall, ripped, blue eyes).
I've dated guys shorter than me, other nationalities, bald, a bit husky ( don't like obese guys though). As long as they can groom themselves and dress nicely (doesn't have to be Hugo Boss but can dress for their body type and look nice). I do appreciate full lips and a nice smile. Beards are always nice.

There could be just one thing about their appearance that does it for me, and it's usually in their face, like nice eyes or something. If they have even just one physical feature that I like I will be open to getting to know them.

Personality wise I'm more specific I guess. Social skills and being laid back are important for me. I watch hockey and some basketball so an interest in sports is a bonus but not a big deal. Also an avid reader so bonus but not a big deal.

Being employed is important to me. I worked very hard with no parent handouts to buy my own condo and I have been saving money for retirement and since I was 17. Been working since I was 15 and paid my own way through the last two semesters of university by working like a dog in the summers and barely spending any money, so a good financial head is important to me because I always plan ahead and save money. However I have been a bit anal about that in the past and I had to work on it when dating guys, as I noticed I was filtering men based on whether they used credit cards to purchase things or cash. It was dumb and I realize that now.

I have a dry sense of humour and appreciate off colour jokes and wit so that's always a plus for me. Guys who can take a joke as well as tell one and can laugh at themselves.

An uptight man is a lady boner killer.

I like someone who has hobbies that they are passionate about. I once dated a guy who was really into astronomy. My girlfriend thought he was weird because he was into that but I learned a lot from him.

I met my husband through OLD two months after joining the site. He's 6'6 and the first thing he said when we met was, " I'm going to buy you high heels so you won't have to strain your calf muscles when you reach up to kiss me tonight". He was funny and laid back with a cute face and the next day I cancelled the date I had set up with another guy for the following week.

Never looked back.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one woman's view of modern dating and while some women may complain about where are all the good guys (like some guys here do about women), they don't give up, like this woman obviously has.
Exactly. Somebody is rather BITTER. Awwwww. I mean I'm still fit & good looking so I have that much going for me but seriously attitude is everything. I just :rolleyes: at women (and men too, honestly) who moan and complain and can't grasp the simple concept that if you have a nasty attitude you are not doing yourself any favors whatsoever.

There are too many whiners out there. My life didn't exactly go as anticipated in the man/marriage department. So what. There is utterly no point whining about it when you can get out there and be positive and BE the sort of person you expect to associate with. I see no problem with this at all. People (not just women) who are this whiny and self absorbed are too busy complaining about the sky falling to get out there and understand the sky IS NOT falling. There are lots of people who are just doing fine in the current marketplace, myself included.

Here you have a bitter future cat lady posing as normal. She is jaded, angry and full of self pity. And she can't see it. She is a prisoner of her own self defeating beliefs. I'm sure she's just awesome to hang out with (NOT!)

Sheesh.

That_dude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually I found my husband by posting flyers in all the local libraries. 'Woman looking for cognitively intact man, hair optimal, DNA sample require for criminal record check.'

And I found someone :)

Joking. I don't have a specific prototype in terms of physical appearances, like they have to be white, tall, ripped, blue eyes).
I've dated guys shorter than me, other nationalities, bald, a bit husky ( don't like obese guys though). As long as they can groom themselves and dress nicely (doesn't have to be Hugo Boss but can dress for their body type and look nice). I do appreciate full lips and a nice smile. Beards are always nice.

There could be just one thing about their appearance that does it for me, and it's usually in their face, like nice eyes or something. If they have even just one physical feature that I like I will be open to getting to know them.

Personality wise I'm more specific I guess. Social skills and being laid back are important for me. I watch hockey and some basketball so an interest in sports is a bonus but not a big deal. Also an avid reader so bonus but not a big deal.

Being employed is important to me. I worked very hard with no parent handouts to buy my own condo and I have been saving money for retirement and since I was 17. Been working since I was 15 and paid my own way through the last two semesters of university by working like a dog in the summers and barely spending any money, so a good financial head is important to me because I always plan ahead and save money. However I have been a bit anal about that in the past and I had to work on it when dating guys, as I noticed I was filtering men based on whether they used credit cards to purchase things or cash. It was dumb and I realize that now.

I have a dry sense of humour and appreciate off colour jokes and wit so that's always a plus for me. Guys who can take a joke as well as tell one and can laugh at themselves.

An uptight man is a lady boner killer.

I like someone who has hobbies that they are passionate about. I once dated a guy who was really into astronomy. My girlfriend thought he was weird because he was into that but I learned a lot from him.

I met my husband through OLD two months after joining the site. He's 6'6 and the first thing he said when we met was, " I'm going to buy you high heels so you won't have to strain your calf muscles when you reach up to kiss me tonight". He was funny and laid back with a cute face and the next day I cancelled the date I had set up with another guy for the following week.

Never looked back.
The dating game is definitely fd these. Especially after online dating went from being frowned upon to the hip thing to do. From experience.. Some people on these sites are out of there minds and not capable of real relationships. However there are still some good stories out there :up: Life is like a box of chocolates :rolleyes:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the thing. The analysis tends to come at the individual level. What's missing is the cultural, which are the factors which facilitate the connection between people in the first place. The culture is becoming toxic.. leading to more toxic personalities. Extrapolate to the future, and it is not looking good... a sci-fi nightmare of people on line 24/ 7, no real connection, and virtual sex.

Last edited: