Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women's crap, A test, Flaking, or A gentle "get lost"

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Text message 1:

"I had a great time too, thank you for the dinner. x"

Text message 2:

"Hey, sorry i haven't text back. I hope you're alright. I think i've just got too much going on right now, so maybe some other time. Sorry. X"

So, the question is, Women's crap, A test, Flaking, or A gentle "get lost"?

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A gentle "get lost". If she was really interested, she'd text back when she DID have time.

BGMan

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BGMan said:
A gentle "get lost". If she was really interested, she'd text back when she DID have time.

BGMan
Are the 2 sorrys and asking how I am worth nothing?

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BGMan said:
Yes.

BGMan
Why? I would certainly not ask a girl with whom I was not interested, how they were, and I would certainly not apologize, let alone twice in one message!

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, what would you reply to the last text message?

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
styleman said:
Why? I would certainly not ask a girl with whom I was not interested, how they were, and I would certainly not apologize, let alone twice in one message!
I would. It's called common courtesy.

BGMan

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't want to hurt your feelings, and wants you to be her friend to cry to when some other guy breaks her heart or whatever.

Let's say you're a chick, and go out with some dude that rocks your world. Would you not find a time in the day to text a friggin message? Wouldn't you re-schedule another date?

Do this, call her in a month to ask her out, and in that month, do your thing, asking other women out. Maybe in the course of the month you won't even want to because you realized she's not worth it. If she doesn't have time for you then... well.. you know for certain she isn't interested.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
styleman said:
Text message 1:

"I had a great time too, thank you for the dinner. x"

Text message 2:

"Hey, sorry i haven't text back. I hope you're alright. I think i've just got too much going on right now, so maybe some other time. Sorry. X"

So, the question is, Women's crap, A test, Flaking, or A gentle "get lost"?
You're not going to like my honesty here...but if you use what I say productively it will help you out a lot.

You are doing something that makes you come across as too needy and vulnerable. It's okay to show that side to a woman once she already has feelings for you...in fact, showing some vulnerablity then will actually work well for you...but you can't do that too soon or you'll spook her. Women don't typically want to deal with a man who is more dependent on her than she is on him. Something you're doing is giving off that bad vibe. The "I hope you're alright" and "I've got too much going on right now" are the key comments here. When a woman says she hopes you're alright she is seeing some kind of weakness. When she says she has too much going on right now she is saying that she senses that getting involved with you would be more of a chore than reward. In conjunction with the other comment...it's almost certain that she thinks you are too needy and would suck her dry emotionally.

You should try to figure out what it is you're projecting that gives off that vibe because if you don't you'll continue to run into this sort of thing a lot.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Oh...and if you met her on an online dating site...it could also be that she went out with someone else that she is more interested in and he is the "too much going on right now".

playboy_supreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
"You are doing something that makes you come across as too needy and vulnerable"

wyldfire is rite on this

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Oh...and if you met her on an online dating site...it could also be that she went out with someone else that she is more interested in and he is the "too much going on right now".
Nope, 100% real life.

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
You're not going to like my honesty here...but if you use what I say productively it will help you out a lot.

You are doing something that makes you come across as too needy and vulnerable. It's okay to show that side to a woman once she already has feelings for you...in fact, showing some vulnerablity then will actually work well for you...but you can't do that too soon or you'll spook her. Women don't typically want to deal with a man who is more dependent on her than she is on him. Something you're doing is giving off that bad vibe. The "I hope you're alright" and "I've got too much going on right now" are the key comments here. When a woman says she hopes you're alright she is seeing some kind of weakness. When she says she has too much going on right now she is saying that she senses that getting involved with you would be more of a chore than reward. In conjunction with the other comment...it's almost certain that she thinks you are too needy and would suck her dry emotionally.

You should try to figure out what it is you're projecting that gives off that vibe because if you don't you'll continue to run into this sort of thing a lot.
Not at all, I apricate it, because you did explain what you base your view on. It seems like an educated response, from what I know.

Yet, I don't have a clue how I could be coming across as needy. I mean the 1st text was a response to a text which I sent to her, simply saying that I enjoyed the evening, and the second was a response to one which I sent to her (I tried to call, but her phone was off, I think she had class at the time, and I was busy that day, so sent a text, rather than calling again later) The text read "Did your week go well? Would you like to meet again, maybe lunch and a film, or maybe the park, I can push you on the swings. x" (The swings relating to her telling me that she likes to be a child sometimes, and go to the park and play on the swings). I don't know, maybe the fact that I text her gives this impression? Perhaps it is that I was not definate about what the second date would be, but the 1st time I was very definate and ****ey, like "I am taking you for dinner on x at x time at x restaurant" so I did not think this would be needed again... Perhaps I'm wrong here.
The reply I sent to her 2nd text (because she replied 2 days later) was "Not to worry, I'm actually out of town untill Wednesday at least, But I hope we can meet again, you were really interesting! x" (I am actually out of town, so could not meet her anyway)
I do like this girl, and she definatly showed signs of interest when we met, so I don't want to let this one go easily. Now I know the common response is going to be, plenty more fish in the sea, let this one go. However, the problem is, I date a lot of girls, and I like very few of them, well, make that all but one other except this one, and it was a similar situation with that girl too.
I have a mutual friend, who would put in good words for me and try to pursuade her, or even ask the reasoning for her response should the need arise, so this is also an option, but in my opinion this would only be a last resort, and even then I don't think something like this is going to work.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
It likely isn't the texts...whatever it was she was picking up on most likely happened during the date. Most women don't want to appear mean so they are less than honest when they aren't interested and they don't usually tell you the truth as to why they aren't interested. I guess it's easier to leave the guy wondering than to tell the truth for most women...even though the guy is going to get his pride wounded either way. I just tell a guy the truth. Most of the time they handle it pretty well...and at least they can work on whatever it was that I found a turn off...IF they want to do that. I've told a guy he acted too feminine before and I told another that I just didn't find him physically attractive. The feminine one was pretty insulted, but he needed to be told by someone.

This girl just isn't into you and her choice of words led me to think it's a "needy/vulnerability" thing. If you want to run down the events of the date on here I'll see if I can spot something you did or said that might be the culprit.

Again...I didn't make the comments I did based on the texts you sent. I based them on what she said to you...especially those two comments I cited. As a woman I know what a woman is really saying when she makes those kinds of "let him down easy" comments. I'm trying to use that knowledge to help you out...but I can only give you specific examples of any mistakes if I know how the date played out.

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blueangel83 said:
The girl cares. She is just busy. Give her a chance. If she was not interested in you, she wouldn't bother with the follow up texts. Think about it.

This is what I thought; if it was me, I would:

Ignore the text, and if the person called, be blunt, just explain I'm not interested, If I felt I wanted to not hurt their feelings, not get personal, just something like you do not suit me.

However, I guess everyone is not the same, but at the same time, it would be very naive to say that every girl does not want to hurt feelings, and so would come back to me. I've had girls do what I would do, and even be more blunt.

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
It likely isn't the texts...whatever it was she was picking up on most likely happened during the date. Most women don't want to appear mean so they are less than honest when they aren't interested and they don't usually tell you the truth as to why they aren't interested. I guess it's easier to leave the guy wondering than to tell the truth for most women...even though the guy is going to get his pride wounded either way. I just tell a guy the truth. Most of the time they handle it pretty well...and at least they can work on whatever it was that I found a turn off...IF they want to do that. I've told a guy he acted too feminine before and I told another that I just didn't find him physically attractive. The feminine one was pretty insulted, but he needed to be told by someone.

This girl just isn't into you and her choice of words led me to think it's a "needy/vulnerability" thing. If you want to run down the events of the date on here I'll see if I can spot something you did or said that might be the culprit.

Again...I didn't make the comments I did based on the texts you sent. I based them on what she said to you...especially those two comments I cited. As a woman I know what a woman is really saying when she makes those kinds of "let him down easy" comments. I'm trying to use that knowledge to help you out...but I can only give you specific examples of any mistakes if I know how the date played out.
As far as I know the date went quite well, there were kisses on the cheek on meeting and before we left. A little kino during, she was telling me about the, well erm, pieces of string she had tied around her wrist, so I stroked her arm, and held the string, and she was smiling during this. No proper kiss. I think I also made an error when going into the restaurant, it was a revolving door, so I could not hold it for her, so I let her go through 1st, which seemed like the best thing to do at the time, but when I reflect on it, perhaps it would have been better to go through the door 1st, perhaps more masculine, leading the way... I don't know what I did wrong, we had interesting and at times funny conversation, and she said things like "families like ours" and "people like us", which I saw to be a good sign, because it seemd like she could relate to me, and she looked into my eyes a number of times, good eye contact, and she asked me many questions about myself, which I answered in as little detail as possible and tried to keep the focus on her telling me about herself.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Okay...she is responding to texts from you, right? Can you post those as well? It sounds like the date went alright...but in all honesty...two people can experience the same exact date and perceive it totally differently. You liked her and was interested...so to you, it went great. If she wasn't that into you she might describe it differently. It's hard to say...and now I'm really curious about what you wrote in those texts.

styleman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Okay...she is responding to texts from you, right? Can you post those as well? It sounds like the date went alright...but in all honesty...two people can experience the same exact date and perceive it totally differently. You liked her and was interested...so to you, it went great. If she wasn't that into you she might describe it differently. It's hard to say...and now I'm really curious about what you wrote in those texts.
My texts:

1. "Had a nice time! Great company! I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening! x"

She replied the next day

""I had a great time too, thank you for the dinner. x"

I replied

"You're welcome. x"

2. "Hi ___(her name)___, how's it going? Did you go to ____?(somewhere she mentioned she was going on the date) How was it? Would you like to meet again? Maybe lunch and a film? Or maybe the park... I can push you on the swings!x"

(The swings relating to her telling me that she likes to be a child sometimes, and go to the park and play on the swings).

She did not reply for a few days, and the reply was, as previously posted:

To which I replied

"Hey, that's no problem. I'm actually in ___ untill wednesday at least, that's why I didn't try to contact you again. I hope we can meet again. You were really interesting!x"

I mean, I know perception can be totaly different between two people, but I can say, it was not like sparks were flying when we met, but given time I think it is something that could really work. I don't like to move fast, maybe this is where I gave a bad impression, as I said, there was no kiss on the lips.