Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women & Texting Is Out Of Control

tincanman99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont freaking get it, everywhere you go women are texting. What is up with this now?

Am I am imagining it or is are women far more addicted to it than men?

I think its a major disruption when you try to talk to them as they are paying attention to their cell phones and not the people. It happened to me recently and it made me very aware of it. Its wild to watch - they are more plugged into their device than the people around them.

Personally I think its kind of rude to be doing it when people are standing around talking but it is what it is.

Opinions?

johnca2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
If they're texting when you feel they should be giving you their attention, simply tell them that you'd like them to re-direct their focus. Or do what I do and tease them about it, catching them slightly off-guard and indirectly telling them that they need to stop texting. Works like a charm everytime, and most women know it's rude; they just like someone to tell them so.

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Carry a small paperback book with you. When they start texting, start reading. It worked for me lol.

I despise texting. Not sure why. I have a cell-phone, and text when necessary but don't if I can at all avoid it. I honestly usually just give people my home phone anyway. If I'm not around when they call, they can deal with it.

I guess I pine for the old school. I remember a time where if you wanted to talk to somebody you just went over to their house or to their usual spots. If you really wanted to find them, you asked around. Life seemed much more fun then. Less scripted. I dislike the idea of being "on call" 24 hours a day. magickarl's office closes at 10pm during the week. If you want to talk to me after that, stop by my apartment. But it had better be an emergency. Chea.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could build a 5M cellphone jammer for less than 10 dollars, it's not a big deal. The reading idea is also good.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my eyes are up here

Last edited:

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the other suggestions are good, but I like to just take charge and tell them to put it away. I literally call them out on it:

"That's not polite, please put that away."

Soemtimes they give me the "oh, sorry" and sometimes they just stare blankly in disbelief at what I just said, mainly because they never got checked on it before and didn't know what to do.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People in general are way too attached to their phones. I check mine every couple of hours if I don't notice any vibrations. I see lots of guys and girls constantly texting, can they focus on anything for more than 5 seconds?

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, sometimes girls do it while ur dating them, even answering their phone. rude fuking b1tches. i only check mine for the time or if someone texts me ill look real quick and put it back in my pocket. i think it would be just rude to the other person if i did that. like i was not interested.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I date a girl who takes out her phone to text I snatch the phone away from them and start teasing them. Sometimes you have to be an ass...for them to get the message

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are either bored/uninterested and the phone allows them to take away their attention without looking rude(in their minds).

They need some ego boost as much as a runner needs sugars so they like to read messages from some afc or some confirmation about them doing well from their female friends.

It can also be that they are in contact with a guy they like or their employers(rarely).

I also have a theory,guys when under intense stress often masturbate to release while girls being them more emotional and less physical rely on network of friends for support,wheter is from ranting or seeking support.
This explain the epidemic facebook too.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'll start a dating forum where nobody can b!tch about anything. They either solve the problem or they shut up.

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they just do it just for a show, to make themselves seem like they're important. just like facebook, they'll have 300 friends, and 289 of them they don't know about or even like. it's like a status thing for them.

guys do it too, if you ever see a guy by himself at a club or bar, he'll probably check his phone or pretend to do something on his phone every few minutes.

really the more they text while they are out, the less of a real social life they really have. that's what I conclude.

anyway, I usually tell them it's rude to text while I am there.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
I think I'll start a dating forum where nobody can b!tch about anything. They either solve the problem or they shut up.
texting and facebooking isn't a problem your gonna solve or can unless you abstain or remove yourself from them, but alas it's inevitable because sooner or later your gonna get sucked in

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like this board is turning into "how to be a dating dictator"....

Calm down. It's not rude. It's not disrespectful.... You guys are just tyrants.

If a girls answering her texts during sex, or during intimate moments then YES come here and tell us, and we'll analyze why...

Otherwise, im fairly confident that whatever you're talking about in person to her is more interesting than whatever that person texting her is saying.......... If it isn't - that's a problem with YOU and the conversation you're having!

If you want to take her cell phone to tease her and get her worked up - that's fine. If you're taking it because you're getting mad that she's on it while she's out with you - then you lose. Her attention is not the prize!

If you're giving her YOUR attention (the real prize) and she seems more interested in a piece of plastic - get the fvck out of the situation. Especially if you're a very charismatic person. If she finds (constant) texting more interesting than a real live charismatic person - then there's something wrong with her.

----

Not too long ago, i was out with some friends at a local bar. There was a guy and a girl sitting in the booth next to us. It was pretty obvious by their body language that they were on a first date. Me being me - i began to observe them. She seemed comfortable and relaxed (playful). He seemed nervous and stressed. Their conversations were coming in spurts. He'd say an occasional thing, and she'd give a little token laugh or answer.

Soon, she had her cell phone out and was texting away. (this guy was probably thinking, "fvcking cell phones! b!tces are addicted to them. can't go 5 minutes without putting their fvcking faces in them" But note: she wasn't addicted to it until he proved himself an absolute nervous bore.)

He began to try to step his game up, but it was too late. He had lost her to her cell phone.

End of story: She asked him a question, i heard him say, "no problem." And 5 minutes later - 2 of her girlfriends show up. (She brought in the backup plans... )

She probably shaved her kitty and all in anticipation of the date... And there she was regretting the razor burns....

poor girl...

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing about texting, telephone call frequency, or “whatever”, is that YOU as the man must set the tone upfront for what is acceptable for you. If she calls too much or texts too much, it’s incumbent on YOU to make an effort to show her what works best for you.

I have often found that if I delay answering texts or calls or emails at the beginning, then all I get from the girl over time is:

“Yeah, I texted you earlier, but I knew that when you saw it, you’d get back with me when you could.”

Now, keep in mind, I’m not talking about being disrespectful or be a butthole about it by outright ignoring her. No, I’m just talking about steering the frequency to a level where YOU don’t feel put off, offended, or disrespected by her constant, oftentimes “meaningless” contact.

Oh, and I’m with BUKOWSKI MERIT on this one:

If a woman is in my presence and still prefers to spend her time texting other people who AREN’T there---------then that’s definitely not a woman WORTHY of “your” presence.

Soldier on.

VU

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just realized that if I see a cute girl texting, that it is a PERFECT opportunity to SHATTER her state. That's if she's not already with me.

But there is TONS of gold in this thread.

Look, I used to be one of those "dating dictators" that bukowski_merit is talking about. I would FUME whenever I saw ANY female on a cell phone for ANY amount of time. But I've come to realize that I take myself too seriously, and that I was just pissed that a piece of plastic was getting more attention than me.

I would FUME at seeing guys texting, because they looked like chodes. Read my posts; they're full of hate towards cell phones.

I've come to realize that I was trying to change everyone, and that I would secretly harbor feelings of superiority when I saw anyone texting. I flat out REFUSED to text.

Now, I'm much less judgemental about texting. I still avoid it as much as possible, saving texting for quick notes that would take up less time than a phone call.

I avoid having entire conversations on text. I haven't had one in MONTHS. That's because 93% of communication is nonverbal. Communicating using only 7% of my abilities is like flying a jet at only 7% throttle; you're barely going to have enough power to taxi down the runway.

As for seeing other guys texting, I don't worry about it. They most likely don't have any game. Some do. Some are EXCELLENT with words. But those kinds of guys are rare.

If a girl I'm dating is texting some guy, I don't worry about it too much. Why? Because she's with ME. And chances are good that he will eventually screw it up for himself. And they already have. So I don't care.

As for girls texting, it gives me an opportunity to break their state and put some JUICE into their lives.

Remember that when every guy out there is easily contacted and willing to text 24/7, the ones who stand out are the ones who are hard to reach. It has never been easier to stand out from the rest of the meat market.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
magickarl said:
I dislike the idea of being "on call" 24 hours a day. magickarl's office closes at 10pm during the week. If you want to talk to me after that, stop by my apartment. But it had better be an emergency. Chea.

Ha Ha, nice to hear that from another generation.

I agree!

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if their eyes are pointing down make a joke about her staring at your junk , make her feel embarrassed , but most of these hardcore texting girls are just nutters anyways