Women driving

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The ending was bad! :up:

Isn't it statistically proven that women are worse drivers?

*off to find website*

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pLaYtHiNg said:
Isn't it statistically proven that women are worse drivers?

*off to find website*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Statistically women have less accidents, but when they do happen they're far worse. In other fields like trucking and piloting women are way, way worse than men.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't find the site I was looking for with the statistics. I did read somewhere that a study was done to determine whether the 'bad woman driver' stereotype had any basis in reality, and turns out, (according to their study) it did! Wish I could find it now, it was a great read.

Still didn't find it, but check THIS out!

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are more reckless, but women are just plain bad at driving. No spacial awareness whatsoever

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was classic! I've known women like that. A couple of men too, but mostly women, haha.

Probably has to do with the way women process directions, spacial perception, etc.

I do have to say that the best I have ever witnessed was an old man parallel parking. The parking space LITERALLY couldn't have been more than 12 inches bigger then the car he was trying to park there, and he basically spent 10-15 minutes bumping each car front and back as he would pull forward and back up. He finally made it into the spot, but halfway through I broke down call the police. He must have hit each car 10 times before getting out of his car and walking to the Dr's office.

This was right in front of my 3 story window, so I watched the whole thing like it was on a big screen tv. Funny, unless it was YOUR Lexus he was playing bumper cars with......

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
No spacial awareness whatsoever
Women's brains are tuned mainly for processing language (and everything related) whereas men its mainly for processing visual information.

This is also indirectly why women's brains are smaller, but tighter packed because of the internal structures. It's pretty cool once you get down to the biology of it. Note that brain size and structure doesn't make a person smarter or dumber. I've seen dogs that are smarter than some people, so clearly there's more to it.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the lower accident rate for women also has something to do with them driving less on average (for example, if both people have a car and they're going on a date, who usually drives?). Even if they have less accidents per mile driven (not sure about this, haven't looked at the statistics in a while) I would bet that metric is FAR more even than just looking at accidents per gender.

Also, she may be 'safe' driving 20 under in the far left lane of the expressway, but man is it ever annoying.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
Also, she may be 'safe' driving 20 under in the far left lane of the expressway, but man is it ever annoying.
Not only is it unsafe, but it's also illegal.

Reminds me of those dotty old grandmas who drive everywhere at 20mph. So damn annoying.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to insurance companies women are less likely to get in a wreck so our insurance is lower...

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women cause more accidents. Men cause more catastrophic accidents.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women suck at driving:

For young males, driver fatalities rose by 1 percent (from 1994 to 2004), compared with a 15-percent increase for young females
Overall, men were involved in 5.1 crashes per million miles driven compared to 5.7 crashes for women, despite the fact that on average they drove 74 percent more miles per year than did women.
So when you look at accidents by the mile, men do much better than women.

The investigators determined that about half of the 3.1-fold difference between the sexes’ fatal crash involvement rates was due to the fact that males’ crashes were more severe. Another 40 percent was due to the fact that men, who on average drove many more miles than women, thus had a greater opportunity of being in a crash; and 8 percent because of gender differences in “crash incidence density,” the number of crashes per million person-miles.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on my experiences - guys I know have gotten into more accidents than girls. But it was due to driving RECKLESSLY - not due to lack of skill.

I saw a dent on my female friend's car. I was like: 'What happened? Some freak accident on the highway?'

She's like: 'No - I was backing out of the garage and I didn't realize that another car was parked behind me and I rear ended it.'

I'm like: 'So you basically hit something that was not even moving.'

Girls are good at other things - like picking up 2nd languages, but driving is not their forte

worship

Banned
Reaction score
VIDEO WARNING: HORRID MUSIC, MUTE YOUR SPEAKERS.

Anyway, women ARE worse drivers in my experience. They are illogical.

Even my driving instructor told me of this one girl who was taking her driving test and she was going well until she was driving around a school zone (where the speed limit is 40km/h). Anyway she was just over the limit which is grounds for failure and what does she do? She panics and goes even faster...

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I street raced regularly, I was always weary of the women driver. Just like in the bar and the nightclub, they try to f*ck with your head, beat you down, then take your money laughing.

Other than that I gotta agree with the majority of guys here. Women just can't drive. I've been rear ended 5 times in the last 10 years. 4 out of 5 were women not paying attention or unable to control their vehicle at speeds. I can't even tell you how many times my girlfriend has bumped or dented her truck (Thank god she pays for it) in the stupidest of circumstances. When it's in the shop and she wants to borrow my truck (I have two vehicles) I literally start to cry before I hand her the keys...I've really concidered asking her for a 2,000 dollar deposit.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Statistically women have less accidents, but when they do happen they're far worse. .
Wow you have it completely backwards.

researchers at the John Hopkins Schools of Medicine and Public Health, women are more likely to be involved in car crashes than men - despite the fact that men are three times more likely to be killed when they do crash.

As reported in the June issue of Epidemiology, American women were involved in 5.7 crashes per million miles driven. Men, on the other hand, clocked up just 5.1 crashes per million miles. Given the fact that men drive an estimated 74 per cent more miles per year than women, the figure is surprising indeed.

"Although risk-taking behaviours may contribute to the excessive injury mortality among men and younger drivers, up to now age and sex discrepancies in death rates from motor vehicle crashes have not been well understood," says lead author Guohua Li, associate professor of emergency medicine.

Using crash statistics gathered by the Fatal Accident Reporting System, the General Estimates System and the Nationwide Personal Transportation Survey, the researchers developed an innovative method called "decomposition" to break down the data into new categories and weigh the relative contribution of three variables: crash fatality, incidence density (number of crashes per million miles) and exposure prevalence (annual average miles driven per driver). Until now, the death rate ratio has always been based on just two factors: fatality and accident rates.

The investigators discovered that teenage boys start recklessly, with about 20 per cent more crashes per mile driven than teenage girls. Males and females between the ages of 20 and 35 run almost identical risks. Females over the age of 35, however, are significantly more likely to crash than their male counterparts.

I don't see why the second bolding makes any sense. Goofy journalists. How does driving more miles mean more accidents PER mile? Unless being sleepy while driving contributes THAT much, wouldn't driving more often make you a better driver and thus less accidents?

My experience is that women tailgate the FVCK out of other cars. I can't stand driving with them as i shouldn't have to be on the edge of my seat driving to walmart. You simply can't stop in time with 4 feet between you and another car driving around at near any speed, let alone the 70mph they do it at when the roads aren't even busy.

Btw, i can't parallel park. I've never needed to. It wasn't on the test when i got my license. I've never lived anywhere i've had to like in a city. I basically taught myself to drive stick so i'm sure it's not that hard, but i've never really tried parallel parking into a tight space.

Inquisitus

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
I don't see why the second bolding makes any sense. Goofy journalists. How does driving more miles mean more accidents PER mile? Unless being sleepy while driving contributes THAT much, wouldn't driving more often make you a better driver and thus less accidents?
I think their point is that men drive more & therefore having a higher probability of getting an accident.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
What surprised me the most were two women who hit my parked byke.
The parking zone was almost 2 metres far from the street and close to a big fountain and yet they succeed in take her down.
How in the hell can you hit a parked vehicle that its far 2 metres from the street limit??