Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women cheat almost as much as men

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BERLIN (Reuters) - The modern Western woman is now almost as likely to cheat on her partner as a man, according to a new survey carried out for a German women's magazine.

In an online survey of 1,427 men and women aged between 25 and 35 by the Hamburg-based GEWIS institute for social research for "Woman" magazine, 53 percent of women said they had been unfaithful to their partner, compared with 59 percent of men.

"In recent years, numbers of unfaithful men and women have evened out a lot," GEWIS head Werner Habermehl told Reuters on Tuesday.

The survey revealed that non-sexual desires, such as the need for reassurance and understanding, were a primary motive among women for infidelity.

Habermehl said demographic factors were also behind the change in attitudes but more liberal attitudes to sex, greater knowledge about contraception, and more freedom for women had made having affairs less taboo than ever before.

As the frequency of cheating rose, the gap between the sexes was reduced, and eventually reversed.

Some 17 percent of woman said they had cheated two or three times, as against 22 percent of men. But when it came to having cheated four or five times in the course of a relationship, women moved ahead of men with eight percent against four

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the more reason women should not be trusted..Im tellin ya..the future of a woman is "playa" and men "AFC" unless monogamy becomes non existent

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind when reading this that men have more of an ego/machismo factor involved here. Meaning, I think more men are likely to admit to cheating then women, thinking it somehow makes them more masculine. Whereas women want to maintain a clean image, despite the true nature of their character, and I believe would be more likely to deny cheating even if they were guilty of it.

As a rough estimate, I'd figure the range of truthfulness in responses would be:
+2/-6 % For Men
+10/-4 % For Women

I'd like to know what kind of purpose this poll serves anyway. We know most people cheat, it's human nature. Instead of drawing attention to this fact, maybe we should work on minimalizing it's importance in our lives.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No they don't cheat as much. They cheat a helluva lot more.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This wasn't news to most people. I would also agree that the number for women is probably even higher than reported. They're far less likely to admit to it than guys are. Also guys will cheat just for the sex then come back, while women will transfer all their affection to the new guy. There's a reason women file for most of the divorces. They'll end a perfectly good relationship just because it's not as exciting as it was at first. I don't know why the sterotype persists that men are the ones doing all the cheating.

Reaction score
yes i agree. that survey is not that accurate since as one of you said that mostly women file for divorce than men you see women of our generation are being told they can "have it all" since this is the message that society is telling them. then they use it as an excuse to find a BBD ( bigger , better , deal) while disguising it as not enough sexual satisfaction, the man doesnt give her enough attetion so she goes out and gets it from some one else and other BS excuses.

i tell you this is outrageous . men have not changed , men have not oppressed women ( femmenist lie) , its women that have changed and driven us to defend and justifie ourselves as the true dominant sex. just to make it clear that i dont believe im machoism ok , i believe in the traditional roles men and women are supposed to play..

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 in 4 or 25% of all children DNA tested from married couples it turns out not to be that mans child. 1 in 3 or 33% of all children DNA tested to unmarried couples it turns out not to be that mans child. DO women cheat he!! yeah.

Men cheat cause the chick looked good and wanted to give them some a$$. Women tend to have long drawn out affairs. That involve all kinds of soap opera drama.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women cheat!? :eek: The hell you say!!

This is one of the biggest reasons I don't want to get married.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by princelydeeds
1 in 4 or 25% of all children DNA tested from married couples it turns out not to be that mans child. 1 in 3 or 33% of all children DNA tested to unmarried couples it turns out not to be that mans child. DO women cheat he!! yeah.
This statistic is meaningless since faithful couples aren't the ones bringing their kids to get DNA tests.

the_gunslinger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cestmoi
No they don't cheat as much. They cheat a helluva lot more.
your bang on the money there mate. also, their more likely to initiate devorce proceedings and get custody of kids, even if their the onbes responsible for the break up of the marriage.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha yeah i even see this **** in high school.. media portrays it like men are cheaters.. which is so annoying.. cuz i see chicks cheating ALL THE ****ING TIME in my hs.

whatever it is, ill see chicks flirting with other dude/dudes when they have a bf every day. it makes me sick ;/.

and then they act so ignorant as if they dont know what were talking about with all their feminist crap, so its impossible to argue with them.. its like arguing with a retarded kid ..... on the internet ;D.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ApocalypseCow
This statistic is meaningless since faithful couples aren't the ones bringing their kids to get DNA tests.
Does it matter? one third of all children dna tested turn out not to be that mans kid. Does your point matter? WOmen lie and cheat as much as men was the original premise.

I don't feel like looking up the statistics. But the truth of the matter is these numbers are based on all children who get tested. There have been any number of studies that corroborate this data. Many of the studies were done under random sampling of children from married couples. There are also children who get blood typed, or are sick and have to get tested 1 in 3 (or one in 4 to marrid couples) still turn out not to be that mans child.

I challenge you to look it up for yourself. If I was married and had a kid I would get it tested. You never know who is cheating. "Faithful" couples should still get tested. "Faithful" only means you javent gotten caught.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a cheating girl that drove me to this site.

This is another good reason to make sure you use birth control WITHOUT EXCEPTION unless you are trying to have a kid. That should help limit any chance of your wife having an illegitimate child. Supposedly there is a birth control pill available for men in Europe, if so I hope they bring it to the states...