Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women as they age?

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come so many guys prefer younger girls as opposed to older women ??
Supposedly, as a woman gets older she peaks sexually so how come so many older single women find younger single girls to be tough competition ??

If physical differences are the reason older women can't compete with younger girls then why don't they put more emphasis on their own personal looks ?? I would think that if you are at a point where you are constantly wanting to be sexual you'd make sure you'd have a great body to work with. I find as women get older they tend to not care about their looks but why would that be?? If you want to be sexual wouldn't you want your body in great shape to enjoy sex more ?? I mean whose gonna wanna be intimate with a horny, physically un-attractive yet great personality having woman?

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what, there is no absolute or right answer here..

Old women have experience, maturity, wisdom. Young women have youth, energy, optimism.

Its all about what you prefer and need. Both have their place.

I am sure some would call me crazy, but I would take Monica Bellucci over Adriana Lima any day. Crazy? Probably. Thats like 40+ yo vs. 23-25 yo, by the way.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man, i can go into great detail about this but it would be super long. i'm just scratching the surface: generally, men are hardwired to be more drawn to youthful attractive females; it's innate. it's a biological/scientific thing... young attractive females are more prone to get pregnant than older women. i forgot where i read this, but it's documented in scientific literature somewhere. theoretical but makes sense

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Supposedly, as a woman gets older she peaks sexually so how come so many older single women find younger single girls to be tough competition ??
You're parroting an all too common myth that the "Today's Woman" crowd would love for guys to believe: Women reach their sexual peak around 40.

This is utter nonsense and contradicted by countless studies. Women "peak" sexually in their early to mid 20's as this is the prime period for her physicality and fertility. It is the period in which her body is best capable of conceiving and successfully carrying a pregnancy to term, as well as being the time in which she is (generally) at her most physically attractive. The natural male response is to subconsciously pick up on these bio-evolutionary cues that associate youth and physicality with fertility and sexuality. This is precisely why feminine beauty is associated with youth, not because these 'horrible' men made it so, but because our natural biology does.

The unfortunate fact is that, as women age, their sexual marketability declines, while as a man ages, his sexual marketability increases. Indications of age in men are (generally) seen as attractive (for long term mating schedules) by women as these are precursors and cues for a better capacity for parental provisioning. That's not to discount the appeal of youth in men for women, however this appeal is particularly reserved for short term mating and securing 'good genes' for thier offspring.

The popularized idealization that "women's sexual peak" is realized later in her life is just one of many social contrivances with the latent function of putting older women, not having secured a long term mate, on a more equal field of competition with young women better able to hold the attention of men. It's a kind of "you guys don't know what you're missing" appeal to what they know motivates men - sex. They know they're at a disadvantage and rather than overtly accept this unfortunate reality, they resort to covert counter-psychology. The idea that men ought to date women their own age is another contrivance - based this time on shame - that attempts to thwart our biological predispositions and put older women, at least somewhat, on better footing to compete with their genetic superiors.

I should also add that this myth originally had a biological basis. A woman's sex drive peaks in her 20's and progressively declines into her 40's, however as a woman approaches menapause and the last of her eggs are dropping, this triggers an increase in hormone levels that prompts sexual activity and libido. It's a woman's body initiating a last effort to breed before she becomes unable to physically do so. While this is an interesting, not to mention efficient, process, it is usually only a temporary state that naturally last until the onset of menapause. This is where this myth began.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because women believe that men should think like them. Women are always saying "It's what's inside that counts." However, this is the way women think and primarly how they choose men. Men choose women primarly based on looks.

By the time single women figure out that men will always go for looks first, these old hags will cake makeup onto their face to cover up their age and wear tight clothes that reveals their drooping "spare tire" belly, floppy mashed-potato breasts, and sagging ass.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo...the "sexual peak" you often hear people mention is referring to a woman's sexual DESIRE, not when she is most fertile. As a woman who has experienced both my 20's and 30's I can tell you that it is 100% true that a woman has a much stronger desire for sex in her 30's than she does in her 20's. As for fertility...my 6 year old was born when I was 34. I recently was screened for cervical cancer and my hormone levels were checked. I'm 40 now...and absolutely no change in my hormone levels from the time I was in my 20's. I am still fertile, although I have absolutely no interest or desire to have anymore children...I'm fully capable of having them.

Sure, a lot of men prefer younger women...but let's keep it real, shall we? Just because some men would rather be with a younger woman it doesn't mean that older women are in any way broken or unable to have children once they hit 30. Most women have another good 15 years of fertility ahead of them, and although the risks of having a problem during pregnancy is slighty higher, there are tests that can identify any problems in time for an abortion if that is what the couple prefers.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
You're parroting an all too common myth that the "Today's Woman" crowd would love for guys to believe: Women reach their sexual peak around 40.

The idea that men ought to date women their own age is another contrivance - based this time on shame - that attempts to thwart our biological predispositions and put older women, at least somewhat, on better footing to compete with their genetic superiors.

This social schema is also due in part to women wanting to wait and have kids later and build carrers first. This strategy normally back fires on them as in this case:

http://www.john-ross.net/feminism.htm

So now they try and demonize men who date much younger women, by implying something akin to pedophilia to men that do! :nervous:

Desdinova said:
By the time single women figure out that men will always go for looks first, these old hags will cake makeup onto their face to cover up their age and wear tight clothes that reveals their drooping "spare tire" belly, floppy mashed-potato breasts, and sagging ass.
Great post guys.

Quite a few women seem to think they have all the time in the world thanks in part to feminisim.

Only to realize perhaps 100 pounds heavier, kids, and a few "STDS" later that they don't! :nono:

SN'

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Um...the average age for the onset of menopause is 51...not 30.

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends. Usually good looking/athlete type of guys tend to go for younger women and usually dorky looking/immature type of guys tend to go for older women. And *THAT* is the secret how cougars or older women date younger guys.

Aston Kutcher/Demi Moore, obviously one person is more immature. That immature person may assume he is mature so he thinks he is on level with the more mature woman but he is wrong in his assumption. I know a 30 year old and I ask him, why does he go for 23-25 year old girls. And he tells me this "I'm successful, plus I'm good looking, and athletically healthy, I want to be with someone that similar to me and the good single women around my age are either taken and if they're not taken, something's up with them And I don't want to find out."

It's almost the same theme with why White guys date Asian girls. The White guys always appear immature, dorky and the Asian girls look all worn out or undesirable within their own race.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
There are exceptions. I know an attractive redhead who went through it in her early 30s. She already had three kids though.
Yep, there are exceptions to everything. One of my friends from childhood had cervical cancer at 16 years old and had to have a hysterectomy...and thereby will never have children of her own.

If an older guy is more attracted to a younger girl...who cares...but cooking up excuses to do so by making false claims is ridiculous, ya know? A lot of older women take great care of themselves and look damn good...and they don't lose the ability to have kids when they hit 30. I had my youngest when I was 34. One unspoken advantage to older women is this...if an older woman is in good shape physically and takes care of herself...she's not going to turn into an unkept beached whale. However...those young girls quite often get married, gain a good 50 lbs or more and stop taking care of themselves...and then the older women are looking far better in comparison.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
A lot of older women take great care of themselves and look damn good...
I think "a few" would be more accurate than "a lot".

You are trying hard to make yourself feel better by justifying the value of older women in the mating game.

I have a female friend who stopped by last night for a drink. She's 36 and still fairly attractive. She told me all about her recent dating experiences. She puts on a good facade when it comes to justifying to herself why she is single, but I can tell she would love nothing more than to find her prince charming. Like I said, she's an attractive woman, but there's no denying the fact that she has gained a few pounds over the past couple of years, and I am sure she is well aware that if she is going to find someone to settle down with she had better do it soon before she has to settle for whatever is left over. Hell, I would have sex with her, but I would never get into a relationship with a woman her age.

When it comes down to it, you can say whatever you want but all things equal the younger woman wins in the mating game 99% of the time.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
You are trying hard to make yourself feel better by justifying the value of older women in the mating game.
See, it's passive-aggressive and presumptuous comments like this that lead me to make fun of your hairpiece. Speaking of which...with all the guys in Anything Else discussing the removal of their ass hair you might be able to get some free material to glue to your melon and save yourself a few hundred smakeroos...it'll probably look no different either.

Now back to the topic...

I'm stating facts...look them up if you are so compelled. I don't care who guys go for...I'm simply saying it's lame to make up excuses based on false information to justify pursuing whoever they happen to prefer. Bottom line...if you have to make excuses and justifications to pursue or not pursue a certain group of women it's because you have the belief that your pursuit or lack thereof is inherently wrong or unacceptable.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post Rollo.. :up:

The truth is that most women age like sh*t! They have no respect for their body and they try to look younger by buying a miracle skin cream rather than working out and eating an optimal diet. For 90% of women it's pretty much down hill after their 25th birthday. There are a select few who look good till they're 40. I don't discriminate based on age.. I date girls based on how good they look and how fun they are to be around. I don't care how good their personality is if their body is gross, they have to meet the looks requirement to get their foot in the door for an interview.

Last edited:

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

This is what I would call "the Great Conspiracy." Maybe it isn't so much a CONSPIRACY...but the 'model' of older guys (maybe 8-15 years) with younger girls WORKED. It still DOES work.

Absolutely gorgeous women in their mid 20's are found with the Benz-Driving Millionaires who are aged 35+. It's not AS prominent, but it does work, does happen, and make sense. Relationships don't have to make LOGICAL sense to work, but it diminishes the tension, benefits both parties, and at least biologically functions.

Guys are still WET behind their ears in their late teens, 20's and about until their 30's or 30th birthday, ARE not entirely straight. Their reproductive abilities are all there. In fact, maybe better and smarter. Point is, what men LOVE, WANT and DESIRE, above sex, is status, ability, skills, experience. At least I do. And a GF/WIFE, unless she's VERY understanding, inhibits that. Maybe she emotionally supports you, but financially she will suck assets like crazy, and unless she's a SAVER vs SPENDER, she will expect dinners, presents, and a "lifestyle". Her own circle of friends will on add pressure.

I have friends who need fluidity to figure out who they are, what they want, WITHOUT brandishing themselves with heavy liabilities. This isn't to say if you want a MARRIAGE or WIFE, you shouldn't GET it, but it's a tough juggle, and if a guy wants to make the economically SMART decision, that would be it.

But there's a SOCIAL stigma, and worse, there's "laws" that prohibit this perfect partnership. Not all guys will agree, and yes, younger girls are immature, but in some way, it's linked to the guiding beliefs handed down by feminism. They're operating with the belief pattern recongnition that EDUCATION - CAREER - MARRIAGE. When men don't want that. I'm 25, nearing 26. As my income grows, and I find what I want and I recieve benies, I can still play the field, but ultimately, ALL MEN WANT THE TOP DIME (whether she's a 5 or 10) to be with, take trips with, and come home to AFTER a long arse day. A guy, when trying to build his 'ESTATE', has no desire to come home to a naggy wife, or problems. Even in a BASIC gf/bf relationship, it sucks to be trying to get educated, further oneself, and have the naggy lack-of-understanding that comes with the territory.

Fact remains, you can't SAY it does not work, or is CREEPY, simply because it's never been tried in modern times. But then again, 70 million women in the workforce benefits everyone BUT MAN. It benefits employers. It benefits feminists. It's not all bad. I know divorced women who NEED the employment blanket of the US who hail from other countries to get by, since they wouldn't make it in other countries working. Suffice it say, I would like to see the model expand, and allow for younger-older marriages.

Girls are WAY to hot today, to be a "controlled" commodity as some do. Fine, 18 is the legal age, perfect. Point is, the programming still remains EDUCATION - CAREER - MARRIAGE. Way past the point men care about being a girl. As Zack in Wedding Crashers said..."I want a wife, not a fvcking martyr."

A-Unit

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
Point is, what men LOVE, WANT and DESIRE, above sex, is status, ability, skills, experience. At least I do. And a GF/WIFE, unless she's VERY understanding, inhibits that.

I don't agree with some of your views on women (workplace kinda stuff you rant about sometimes) but this is very insightful, because this is EXACTLY the way I feel..

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I think "a few" would be more accurate than "a lot".

I have a female friend who stopped by last night for a drink. She's 36 and still fairly attractive. She told me all about her recent dating experiences. She puts on a good facade when it comes to justifying to herself why she is single, but I can tell she would love nothing more than to find her prince charming. Like I said, she's an attractive woman, but there's no denying the fact that she has gained a few pounds over the past couple of years, and I am sure she is well aware that if she is going to find someone to settle down with she had better do it soon before she has to settle for whatever is left over. Hell, I would have sex with her, but I would never get into a relationship with a woman her age.

When it comes down to it, you can say whatever you want but all things equal the younger woman wins in the mating game 99% of the time.

Do we know the same person? I too know of a 36 year old very attractive woman, and she's athletic to boot. Yet this is what I noticed about her: She hangs around bars a lot and she's never been married or even proposed. I think to myself : Hmm, dude she's attractive yet she's single that would be understandable if she was in her 20s, but something is up once they get to their late 30s. If she was divorced, then I'd cut her some slack (unless she had kids and didn't have a good job/live with parents/welfare). Something is inherently wrong with that woman. I'd rather spend my time with a woman 5-7 years younger than me who didn't bang 10-20 more persons than I did. Who wants that really?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
See, it's passive-aggressive and presumptuous comments like this that lead me to make fun of your hairpiece. Speaking of which...with all the guys in Anything Else discussing the removal of their ass hair you might be able to get some free material to glue to your melon and save yourself a few hundred smakeroos...it'll probably look no different either.
Unlike your age "issue", I have no problem with my hairpiece "situation". This is evidenced by the fact that you don't have a good response for my reply to this thread. I wasn't flaming you, but it looks like I can't call it as I see it anymore without having to subject all of us to more of your third grade humor.

You are trying to explain to a bunch of guys WHY they should be attracted to older women, when you and I and everyone else here knows that you can talk until you are blue in the face, but it isn't going to change the fact that older women ARE NOT at the top of the list for most men.

I'm stating facts...look them up if you are so compelled.
Which "facts"?

I was replying to your "A lot of older women take great care of themselves and look damn good" comment which IS NOT fact.

I could care less how fertile a woman is when she is in her 30's or 40's.

FACT of the matter is, if you line up 100 random women 18-40 years old and had a group of younger guys put them in order according to which ones they would like to hook up with, most of the 40 year olds would be towards the end of the list.

If you were to line up 100 older women and 100 younger women and ask a group of younger guys to rate them all on a scale of 1-10, the average score would be LOWER for the older women.

If you were to eliminate the pool of younger women, the bar would be lowered to make older women more attractive. But until you figure out a way to round up all of those 22 year old hotties and launch them into outer space, you have to accept the FACT that younger women are more desirable to MOST younger men.

I don't care who guys go for...I'm simply saying it's lame to make up excuses based on false information to justify pursuing whoever they happen to prefer.
Who is "cooking up excuses" to date younger women by making "false claims"?

Jeezus woman, you would like us to believe that we can magically become more attracted to a certain group of women by flipping a switch to reverse the wiring in our monkey brains. We can't choose who we think is hot any more than you can.

If I remember correctly, you are the one who proclaims that looks are VERY important to you. Until the day comes when you are willing to overlook a man's physical attributes you have NO BUSINESS preaching who should be attracted to who.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Macgyver said:
I'd rather spend my time with a woman 5-7 years younger than me who didn't bang 10-20 more persons than I did. Who wants that really?
Yea, I'm sure almost everyone here would agree, but keep your voice down....we wouldn't want to upset any of the "seasoned" women who might be reading this...shhhhh....

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Facts:

The average age of menopause is 51.
Women are still able to have children as long as they have eggs and menstruate.
Many women over 30 look as good as, if not better than their younger counterparts

Those are the facts. Anyone who claims otherwise is blowing hot air out their arses.

No, I'm not stating these facts because I am bothered by men my age or older dating younger women. In fact, I couldn't care less what men my age and older do because I don't find those men attractive. As one of those older women who look great...I don't have to "settle" for guys my own age...I get the younger ones. :D