Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women are worth more than men in today's society

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women and children that, women and children this. You hear that all the time in the news, it's as if men are worthless, it doesn't matter if innocent men die, does it.

An example news article, from today:

"At least 11 people, including women and children, have been killed in the Syrian capital Damascus and the western province of Homs as violence rages on in the Arab nation, Press TV reports.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of security forces and civilians have been killed in the turmoil.

On Sunday, a bomb targeting a car in the capital left its driver dead and two others injured. Several nearby vehicles were also damaged.

This comes after foreign-sponsored militants fighting against the Syrian government had killed at least 10 people in the province of Homs.

According to a report released by official SANA news agency on the same day, “Last night, terrorists committed a new massacre against peaceful citizens in the city of Tal Kalakh in the Homs countryside, storming the Burj neighborhood and killing a number of citizens, including women and children.”

“An official source said that the terrorist group stormed the Burj neighborhood and killed 10 people, most of them children and women, before one of the units from our armed forces intervened," the report added.

Several international human rights organizations have accused foreign-sponsored militants of committing war crimes.

The Syrian government says the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.

In an interview recently broadcast on German television, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said the government did not start the conflict and the militant groups were the ones killing Syrian citizens and destroying the country’s infrastructure."

and there's plenty of history to it too:

"Although never part of international maritime law, the phrase was popularised by its usage on the RMS Titanic, where, as a consequence of this practice, 74% of the women on board were saved and 52% of the children, but only 20% of the men. Some officers on the Titanic misinterpreted the order from Captain Smith, and tried to prevent men from boarding the lifeboats. It was intended that women and children would board first, with any remaining free spaces for men. Because so few men were saved on the Titanic, the men who did survive were initially branded as cowards, including White Star official, J. Bruce Ismay."

What would you have done if you were on the titanic and told all those women would come before you, because they are women, while you're there standing like a gimp on the way to your death? :trouble:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget the women for a moment. Does anyone really have a problem with children being given a lifeboat spot before an adult male?

Regarding women, the lifeboat question is tricky. You have to remember that "women and children first" was invented in a different day and age. I don't think the idea was that women were more valuable than men. It had to do with the nature of the genders.

Men were raised to be tough. Men were taught "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". Men were not supposed to cry. They were supposed to be self sufficient, strong, and resourceful. Women of the time were not taught any of these things. They were allowed to cry, to wallow in their emotions. They were not brought up to be resourceful. So I think the "women and children" first was brought about because they were less equipped to handle a life or death situation. Whereas a man, with his superior strength and resourcefulness, was in a better position to survive a sinking ship.

Of course, with the rise of feminism, one might legitimately argue that these rules should not apply anymore.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rules? what rules?

The rules are made up on the fly depending on what point of view happens to be the most beneficial at the moment.

The way I handle it is I keep a mental categorization of all women I meet. A woman that can stand on her own two feet I value and treat like a club member. The entitled girlies that want free sh-it, stay in the same place as little kids and the mildly retarded. You don't argue with them, and try to keep them happy as long as you can before they throw a fit.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm.. women and children have been given favorable status in dangerous situations throughout the history of humanity, OP. Not saying it's right or good, but to blame "today's society" is shortsightedness in the extreme.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Well women have always been more valuable than men from a reproductive standpoint. A man can potentially impregnate several women in a single day, while women can only have a child once a year or so on max babymaking speed.

The hunter-gatherer band with more women and less men can populate better than one with equal numbers of females and males.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Forget the women for a moment. Does anyone really have a problem with children being given a lifeboat spot before an adult male?

Regarding women, the lifeboat question is tricky. You have to remember that "women and children first" was invented in a different day and age. I don't think the idea was that women were more valuable than men. It had to do with the nature of the genders.

Men were raised to be tough. Men were taught "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". Men were not supposed to cry. They were supposed to be self sufficient, strong, and resourceful. Women of the time were not taught any of these things. They were allowed to cry, to wallow in their emotions. They were not brought up to be resourceful. So I think the "women and children" first was brought about because they were less equipped to handle a life or death situation. Whereas a man, with his superior strength and resourcefulness, was in a better position to survive a sinking ship.

Of course, with the rise of feminism, one might legitimately argue that these rules should not apply anymore.

i think they did this back in the day because women are needed to look after the children. WAY back in the day women stayed home as home-makers. cooked, cleaned and looked after the children. so I'm assuming they though that the children wouldn't survive without them.

now women want the cake. they want to eat it, the plate it came on the fork they ate it with, the recipe to make the cake. Then they will change the recipe anyway. and they want you to PAY for the privilege of giving them the cake.

so if it was me, i'd tell that ***** to get to the back of the line. she ain't worth ****.

GhengisKhan

Don Juan
Reaction score
sageproduct said:
Well women have always been more valuable than men from a reproductive standpoint. A man can potentially impregnate several women in a single day, while women can only have a child once a year or so on max babymaking speed.

The hunter-gatherer band with more women and less men can populate better than one with equal numbers of females and males.
Exactly. This is also why, in times when sudden unpredictable death for males was routine, polygamy was a much more common practice. A people-group with a greatly reduced male population may be forced to change their breeding practices, but within a few generations will be restored to full strength; whereas a group whose female population is greatly reduced will shortly have a very top-heavy age pyramid and a long road back to full strength.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine a situation where there is a man, woman and child and a predator shows up. The man can die to protect the child, but if the woman dies the child will also die. Therefore, from a survival standpoint, both the man and woman can't be willing to die to protect the child.

That is why a woman's love will never compare to a man's love. A man will die for what he loves. That doesn't mean that men are better or women are worse, it's just a fact of life.

That said, what surprises me most is how women can not only pick whatever guy they want, but the guy never seems to leave them. Inherent in this is the fact that the woman must have "settled" to a certain degree. She doesn't get the best man she CAN, she gets the best man she can ENSLAVE.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not just today's society. It's been that way pretty much all the time.

Men's lives are pretty much disposable. We are the ones who carry arms. We die in battle. We do risky things (and some of us end up dying in the process). Such is the cruel nature of life.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
GhengisKhan said:
This is also why, in times when sudden unpredictable death for males was routine, polygamy was a much more common practice.
Must have been pretty nice to be alive as a man in Rome after Hannibal decimated Rome's manpower :D

Reaction score
Yes, men are by nature the utility of men. It's not a problem unless you don't understand the rules. Few have taken the time understand their true place on earth because we were too busy with survival. Now men are starting to wonder. Know the rules and make sure your wife or girlfriend knows them too - relationships are about EXCHANGING currencies from one sex to the other. It's not a one way street.

Try these for a start: http://bodylanguageproject.com/articles/the-universal-gender-rules-of-women-and-men/