"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

women and their male "friends"

toast

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
what is everyone's opinion on women and having male "friends"? At first agreed with the people that said nothing good can come of it and there were probably some other motives involved but then i got to thinking I have a good friend who is friends with a pretty good looking girl. They have been friends for a couple years and even though he admits that she is attractive, he says he has no chance with her because she is out of her league and he thinks of her as a sister.

I've hung around with them for awhile it seems like a completely harmless friendship he never flirts with her or really even touches her, though he gets uncomfortable when other guys flirt with her. They will call each other up and talk for 45 minutes for no reason, they will go out to dinner together and go to each other rooms just to hang out all the time. He will help her with her homework all the time and they even buy each other gifts for birthdays, like $50 cologne and stuff! And i realized if this girl was my girlfriend and i didn't know this guy i would be freaking out. I don't really get it, what do you think?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
It's **** on the side.

In case of Emergency, break out ****.

Revenge ****, feeling horny, whatever. Why go out when you can get milk at home?
 

SikWitIt

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
I have alot of "friends" that are girls lol, but id only do all the stuff you mentioned with my girlfriend. Maybe they both like each other alot but are afraid to say anything?

Back when i was a nice guy i knew this girl who had a crush on me, but i never paid attention to her cuz i was too dumb to notice the signs. So we were just friends for like 3 years then, she grew on me and i fell in love like a dumbass but then she was gone :(

Maybe they have a strictly platonic relationship if i wrote that right.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
If she came out of the bathroom naked and wanted to have sex with him. Would he do it? Or would he decline in fear or ruining their friendship? Even if he does think of her as a sister, I think if a girl he thought was attractive wanted him, he'd go for it. It's just that he has no chance now.
 

toast

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
i think he would be with her if he was given the chance, but i don't understand why he just hangs around and puts himselft through it
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Well, if he doesn't hit on other women, then he's just an AFC waiting around for his moment, especially if she flirts with other guys. Lots of guys watch those dumb romantic comedies and figure, "Hey, my life can be one too. I stick around and one day she'll fall in love with me."

WRONG.

I'm not saying your friend is like that, but it's a possibility. If he doesn't already hit on other ladies, do him a favor and take him out looking for girls or something. Also, yeah, I wouldn't appreciate my girlfriend having a male best friend like that, and I'd let her know, and she'd stop if I meant enough to her.
 

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2001
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NYC
THe girl I am dating now has a lot of guy friends. However, they are all AFCs and herbs.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by NRM
If she came out of the bathroom naked and wanted to have sex with him. Would he do it? Or would he decline in fear or ruining their friendship? Even if he does think of her as a sister, I think if a girl he thought was attractive wanted him, he'd go for it. It's just that he has no chance now.
If that is the gold standard we're going to use for judging these situations, then ask yourself this question... if she went to the gas station and told the 19-year-old kid behind the register that she'd f*ck him in the bathroom in five minutes, would he do it? Because if he would, then maybe we should reconsider letting our girls go to the gas station.

The point isn't "what would happen in this hypothetic situation", the point is reality. Is your girl the kind of chick that would come out of the bathroom naked and want to have sex with one of her male friends? If so, dump her. But most guys will have sex with any reasonably attractive woman who came out of their bathroom naked and wanting sex.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
You seemed to have missed my point. The second option was declining in fear of ruining the relationship. If people have fully platonic relationships where they are just REALLY good friends, then they won't ruin that friendly relationship over a quick sexual encounter. What I was getting at is he JUST a really good friend or is he straddling around for something more (a relationship).

My REAL point was not about the girl. It was about the guy and his REAL feelings. Of course, you shouldn't date a girl who comes out of bathrooms naked to fuck randoms. That's just silly. I actually jacked that situation from the Ladder Theory. It makes sense to me.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
There has been a lot of discussion here recently that guys shouldn't let their girlfriends have male friends. That's where I was coming from.

The fact that a guy would have sex with a girl does not prevent him from being friends with her. A guy could be friends with a girl that he enjoys hanging out with for completely non-sexual purposes, but if she threw herself at him, he'd probably take it.

I'm friends with a few girls myself. There are some girls who, if they came out of their bathrooms naked and wanted to have sex, I'd say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Some, I might have to think about it. Others, I probably would say, "Sure."

But sex (or the possibility of sex) isn't the reason I hang around with any of these chicks. I think a guy can legitimately be "just friends" with a girl that he wouldn't mind f*cking if the situation ever arose, and still be completely fine if that situation never does arise.

And yeah, there might be some guys who hang around with a chick as a "friend" because they think it will give them a better shot of getting in her pants... but we know on this site that isn't successful all that often.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
I can't be friends with women. Either I find her attractive or I find her repulsive. If I find her attractive I'll get with her anytime. If not then I don't want her near me because the repulsive ones usually I can't stand them. Anyway... that's my rant for today.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
The fact of the matter is.....

It's all about trust - you either trust her or you don't. If you don't then you should not be going out.

This is the one and Only GOLD STANDARD

It's all about trust.

Think of this as well....

If she has guy friends - then guess who get's to have girl friends?

And guess what - she would probably be more concerned about YOU fvcking one of these girl friends.

All in all it's almost guaranteed that the guy will fvck her - there are exceptions for sure - but if your girl is hot, then almost all guys will want to fvck her.

Trust is your answer.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Another 'friend' thread - talking ABOUT BEATING A DEAD HORSE!!!!!:rolleyes:
 

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 1, 2002
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
South Orange, NJ
Originally posted by toast
what is everyone's opinion on women and having male "friends?"
Absolutely not. That ho should have NOTHING to do with ANY other being that has a penis. After all, you're incredibly lucky that she's even taken interest in you. You have to do everything possible to keep her under control, even if it means forbidding her to have friends

:rolleyes:

Of course, you could always be a man and not care about her male friends. *shrug*
 
Top