Women and Myspace

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
I often check out pics of Myspace women, and I'm inclined to leave them gushing compliments...but then I don't after seeing a hundred other guys doing the same thing, they come across as AFC to me -- yet I'm very AFC by nature!

Also...would it be pointless or AFC to privately message a female Myspace friend and somewhat "flirt" with her or drop sexual hints? Even if they're not local? I never do that. I always just chat about our common interests, but never hint sexually at all (even when chatting w/the ones I think are attractive). Earlier today I left a pic comment on this one girl's pic...she looks hot in the pic, but I just said "cool pic" and asked when it was taken. A short while later, she privately messages me to shoot the breeze and answer my question.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
This tip is aimed at the 20-27 crowd myspace women. Those are the ones who I associate as I am 24. For 28+, I'd consult with Francis D', or Eric Live...those guys are much more seasoned in that age group.

I wouldn't bother with leaving picture comment compliments, especially if there's a million responses from other guys there. Chances are, that chick's ego doesn't need anymore padding.

I wouldn't call private messaging a female Myspace friend with flirtatious comments pointless. If they're not local and you have no plans of being in their vicinity of the world anytime soon, then yes I'd probably deem that pointless.

My thing is, just be blunt and playful with myspace women. Don't keep it so serious about "common interests," unless they bring it up. Especially if she's already on your friends list. You want her to get a "fun confident person" vibe from you.

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Melvin said:
My thing is, just be blunt and playful with myspace women. Don't keep it so serious about "common interests," unless they bring it up. Especially if she's already on your friends list. You want her to get a "fun confident person" vibe from you.
When not leaving small-talky comments a la "Have a good weekend," I always common interests as an excuse to chat with these women. Music has always been my main thing, so I seek out people who are into the same music/bands I'm into. But my attempts at communicating with these women always come in the form of "Have you heard the new _______ album?" or "Did you go to the ______ show?" or some other lame sh!t like that. I make it seem like chatting with "one of the guys."

I know it shouldn't be much of a concern when dealing with women who aren't in my area, but the situation is the same with local women I've communicated with on there. I just wish I had that certain "looseness" that other guys have when communicating w/females. Those guys know how to mix it up and flirt/express sexuality without coming across as dorks.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back. Rejoice.

Many people on this site, and on fastseduction, like to downplay finding girls on the internet. I feel that, as a very busy adult, it is a great way to find other very busy, interesting adults to date. Now,one must go about weeding out the flakes, young girls, and old ones, but once that is done, its quite effective. Much better than sarging at clubs, and I've done a lot of that.

Here is the general dogma:

1. Do not comment on any girl's picture, ever. If you do this to an attractive flake, you're only feeding her ego - becoming one-of-many. If you do this to a sensible girl, you're coming across as a kiss-ass trying to get in her pants, and she'll shut you out. If you do this to an old single mom, she'll probably see you as "the one" and you won't be able to get her off your back.

2. Have a good picture up. Never have bad pictures up. Easy as that.

3. Do not write a long, drawn out profile that describes your cliched likes and dislikes. That's boring, and boredom is unattractive. Write something random, witty, offensive, original, sarcastic, anything. But make sure its brief. When I say brief I mean a few lines.

4. When messaging a girl, it doesn't really matter what you say, as long as its not AFC tripe. In all honesty, sometimes I send gibberish. Ex: "oiauhdf98eyoihraiouefaiu..... isha....cort." If the girl gets a message, no matter how incoherent, and sees your pic and isn't put off by your looks or visual attitude, then she will reply to get to know you. It doesn't matter what you write, barring AFCness.

5. Never message a girl too much. Get the AIM or MSN or whatever she uses as soon as you can. Then talk to her a little bit on that to set up a real date in the real world. This is done in an identical fashion as to if you were doing it over the phone. Do not talk to her too much or for too long - you do not want to overstay your welcome. Plus you do have more important things to do in life don't you? Remember, the internet is for finding attractive girls to meet in person as soon as possible. Not for finding hot pen-pals.

This info is hot and should be read by all.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luveno's right on the money.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeking "love" or women in the Internet is a VERY bad idea. In fact, it is for men that have no to very little options.

Busy? Well, the 3-5 hours spent in the Internet...could be easily be invested doing something more social...even a walk in the park during that time frame can open the doors to meet someone.

Now...LAZY? That's a different story.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Seeking "love" or women in the Internet is a VERY bad idea. In fact, it is for men that have no to very little options.

Busy? Well, the 3-5 hours spent in the Internet...could be easily be invested doing something more social...even a walk in the park during that time frame can open the doors to meet someone.

That is where the misconception lies. I have plenty of options. In fact, most of the women I date I meet in person at university or downtown. Therefore, one does not need to feel as if they are "out of options" before they start net sarging. The net is just another avenue to use.

Additionally, I don't know what your connection speed is, but it does not take me 3-5 hours on the net to set up a date with a chick. The above dogma I stated takes no more than 10 minutes to set up provided you have a good picture file on your computer, which most people should. To actually meet girls takes about 20 minutes, with a minute here and there afterward to set up a date. I do it when I have odd lapses in spare time at work or on lunch break. It's not rocket science.

If you had paid attention to my initial reason for using the net, it was because of long periods of being insanely busy and confined to work/school. Putting a good picture up on the net is like having a doppelganger in a club; some cute girl is bound to approach, and often that cute girl is very busy and intelligent herself and is using the net for the exact same reason. That is the antithesis of laziness.

The entire negative stereotype of meeting people on the internet is outdated. Ten years ago it was valid since most people who took part in internet dating were unacceptable in the real world, be it fat or Asperger's. Additionally, it was much more difficult to get pictures on the net at that point, so it was a very large risk to contact a stranger, for she was probably a cow. Now, those things are no longer a problem.

Actually, part of me wants this stereotype to continue; less competition for me. Carry on.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The above dogma I stated takes no more than 10 minutes to set up provided you have a good picture file on your computer, which most people should. To actually meet girls takes about 20 minutes, with a minute here and there afterward to set up a date. I do it when I have odd lapses in spare time at work or on lunch break. It's not rocket science.
This is where I see the B.S. Your B.S. Trying to justify the obvious?

Are you telling me that you meet a complete stranger on the Internet? That in less than 20 minutes you meet her and set a date?

Are you telling me that with all the psychos, sexual predators, etc. out there a woman would agree to meet a man on a date that she just "met" for 20 minutes?

What about browsing and all that crap?

Here is the thing...it is a waste of time. Time well served going out there and meeting people (men or women)...creating REAL life social proof. A man that knows the field KNOWS for a fact the Interent is a waste of time and a LAST RESOURCE tool (well, prostitution is the last resource tool). And it is only appropriate when a man has little to no options.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you had paid attention to my initial reason for using the net, it was because of long periods of being insanely busy and confined to work/school."
I was insanely busy working (as a Senior employee) and doing graduate work. While being married at the time and having two kids. I still managed to go out at least once a weekend (nightclubs). And I certainly went to picnics, etc. at least as many times during the summers.

It is called time management.

Sitting in front of a computer and posting some pictures HOPING a woman finds that picture attractive is a waste of time. LEARNING how to MANAGE your time is where the REAL skill takes place. If you don't learn how to do that now...I assure you that in the future (as you advance in your career and have a family) you will have a very unhappy woman. Trust me..."unhappy woman" = bad news.

You have time to develop time management skills. If you wait until you are in your 30s...you might as well forget it or marry a doctor.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:

It's certainly a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing especially if it takes you 3-5 hours to get any play. If you don't know what you're doing and don't want to learn, stay off of the Net. You'll get even more frustrated and it'll make you bitter.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
It's certainly a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing especially if it takes you 3-5 hours to get any play.
Are you telling me you can get any play faster than 3-5 hours? Damn...your definition of play must be self masturbation. I mean, does she jump in her car and knock at your door in less than 3 hours?

Play...for me involves Kino.

But then again...some people don't understand what's Kino.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Are you telling me you can get any play faster than 3-5 hours? Damn...your definition of play must be self masturbation. I mean, does she jump in her car and knock at your door in less than 3 hours?

Play...for me involves Kino.

But then again...some people don't understand what's Kino.
Go right ahead. Keep thinking that.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luveno said:
Go right ahead. Keep thinking that.
That's my point...who cares what I or anyone thinks. It is YOUR life. Stop seeking acceptance!

rapless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
That's my point...who cares what I or anyone thinks. It is YOUR life. Stop seeking acceptance!
Good advice, but I still gotta admit...when I send a woman a Myspace add invite or message, I begin to anxiously wonder if they'll accept my add request and/or write back. When they do, I actually feel relieved.

It's like the same anxiety one goes through when asks a girl out or asks her for her phone number...but only worse, because the response takes way longer.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rapless said:
Good advice, but I still gotta admit...when I send a woman a Myspace add invite or message, I begin to anxiously wonder if they'll accept my add request and/or write back. When they do, I actually feel relieved.

It's like the same anxiety one goes through when asks a girl out or asks her for her phone number...but only worse, because the response takes way longer.
So what's the worse that could happen if they don't write back?

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Myspace is filled with teenage attention wh0res. If I find a girl with a hundred replies to a picture I wouldn't even bother. In the 3 hrs it would take to find 5 "good" looking girls on myspace, I could go out and find one girl that was as good looking and build rapport in person than proceed to get a date.

I will say that I have little experience online and what I do have is pretty terrible. I'm just not willing to give it my all at this point, so the guys who know what to do will always beat me out. I am comfortable in cold approaching girls and just being flirty in general so I haven't given the net my all.

Melvin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luveno said:
I'm back. Rejoice.

Many people on this site, and on fastseduction, like to downplay finding girls on the internet. I feel that, as a very busy adult, it is a great way to find other very busy, interesting adults to date. Now,one must go about weeding out the flakes, young girls, and old ones, but once that is done, its quite effective. Much better than sarging at clubs, and I've done a lot of that.

Here is the general dogma:

1. Do not comment on any girl's picture, ever. If you do this to an attractive flake, you're only feeding her ego - becoming one-of-many. If you do this to a sensible girl, you're coming across as a kiss-ass trying to get in her pants, and she'll shut you out. If you do this to an old single mom, she'll probably see you as "the one" and you won't be able to get her off your back.

2. Have a good picture up. Never have bad pictures up. Easy as that.

3. Do not write a long, drawn out profile that describes your cliched likes and dislikes. That's boring, and boredom is unattractive. Write something random, witty, offensive, original, sarcastic, anything. But make sure its brief. When I say brief I mean a few lines.

4. When messaging a girl, it doesn't really matter what you say, as long as its not AFC tripe. In all honesty, sometimes I send gibberish. Ex: "oiauhdf98eyoihraiouefaiu..... isha....cort." If the girl gets a message, no matter how incoherent, and sees your pic and isn't put off by your looks or visual attitude, then she will reply to get to know you. It doesn't matter what you write, barring AFCness.

5. Never message a girl too much. Get the AIM or MSN or whatever she uses as soon as you can. Then talk to her a little bit on that to set up a real date in the real world. This is done in an identical fashion as to if you were doing it over the phone. Do not talk to her too much or for too long - you do not want to overstay your welcome. Plus you do have more important things to do in life don't you? Remember, the internet is for finding attractive girls to meet in person as soon as possible. Not for finding hot pen-pals.

This info is hot and should be read by all.
This is everything you really need to know in a bottle. Only thing I might add is this...

Good pictures will get you views. Good/Fun pictures will get you add requests and/or messages from random women.

For the longest time I had good pics up, and I would get a steady amount of views everyday. It wasn't until recently when I added a few picture sets of me at some of the house parties we throw regularly(i.e. pictures of me taking shots with my buddies, pictures of me with other women hanging on me, OR any picture that showcases the fact that you're a fun person to be around), that I started getting add requests. These requests usually come from above average to semi-decent looking women(6-7 range). Usually anything above a 7 on myspace, is going to require some work from your end.

Luveno, is dead on about the fact that your initial message doesn't matter. She's going to click on your profile 99 times out of 100, unless the subject blatantly looks like spam. This is where having good pics or good/fun pics comes into play.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rapless said:

For all you know...that woman has a picture that is 8 years outdated and 30 lbs lighter.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Melvin said:
This is everything you really need to know in a bottle. Only thing I might add is this...

Good pictures will get you views. Good/Fun pictures will get you add requests and/or messages from random women.

For the longest time I had good pics up, and I would get a steady amount of views everyday. It wasn't until recently when I added a few picture sets of me at some of the house parties we throw regularly(i.e. pictures of me taking shots with my buddies, pictures of me with other women hanging on me, OR any picture that showcases the fact that you're a fun person to be around), that I started getting add requests. These requests usually come from above average to semi-decent looking women(6-7 range). Usually anything above a 7 on myspace, is going to require some work from your end.

Luveno, is dead on about the fact that your initial message doesn't matter. She's going to click on your profile 99 times out of 100, unless the subject blatantly looks like spam. This is where having good pics or good/fun pics comes into play.
Pictures are a snapshot in time. And can tell us a lot about a person (or about what that person is trying to hide, etc.). However, the parts that hide are the most important parts...and if you lack real life experience...you will NEVER sense those things.

But NOTHING compares to spotting a person for the very first time and seeing her reaction (or the way she was reacting prior to noticing you). NOTHING.

MySpace, etc. are places where people are putting their PERCEIVED best self. No one that has options would want to put himself in a situation where all he can initially see is the "best" of the other person.

I cannot believe that people are trying to "teach" the ON-LINE thing in a "DJ" room. DJs don't need the Internet to get laid or find relationships...UNLESS they are going througha draught or is having several days of bad luck...then and only then, I feel is appropriate to use the Internet as a tool to get jump-started.