Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women and male body image

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been self-conscious about my looks for a while, but I have been 'talked down to' a lot on forums by female posters.

It seems to be a regular thing on forums. It takes one to throw an insensitively-written post.
Why is it women support other women with BDD or think they're overweight, feel unattractive etc....but make a man with BDD or similar (often but not always) feel worse about it?

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm... that's an interesting thought. You see, women have a love-hate relationship with their own kind. But if you look at it, but this is just in my opinion, part of it is to keep appearances. It's more of them trying to show people, the person they are comforting, or maybe themselves that they are kind and caring. And since these fat or unattractive women are not a threat to them in the romance arena, they can safely ally themselves with these people. I feel more inclined to this thought because I haven't known an instance where a pretty woman would support the beauty of another pretty woman. Also, this is just my imagination working, I think if a supermodel tells her average-looking friends, "I feel ugly", these average-looking friends will say at the back of their heads, "And what are we then? F@ck you!" One of my female acquiantances even told me that it's like admitting defeat for them (probably if they say that a truly beautiful woman is really beautiful).

I am not saying that geniune care doesn't exist. Things like that are always possible.

As for them being harsh to guys, I'm sorry, man, I can't find a reason for that yet.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i grew up (being a brit) in the age of glamour models and footballers' wives. i am losing patience with the 'stunners' concerned with a bit of bed head, and then the guy/girl down the street with, say, burns or facial disfigurement trying to get as much as a normal life.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah... the context of that is just vanity or something. Set your materiality level for this. Say, is it really worth the anger?

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sambwoy said:
Why is it women support other women with BDD or think they're overweight, feel unattractive etc....but make a man with BDD or similar (often but not always) feel worse about it?
There's a double standard and it isn't a good or bad thing, it just is.

I remember hearing a commercial on the radio about some kind of penis enhancement. In it, they emphasize that "size matters". If this were a commercial advertising any enhancement for women, it not only would've been pulled off the air, they'd likely be sued and burned at the stake for making women feel insecure.

Men are made.

If you don't make your way in this world as a man, no one will give a f-ck about you. That includes allowing any and all insecurities you may have to stifle your success. I have "compassion" for people who were dealt a bad hand in life, but I have "respect" for men who overcome adversity and make the most of whatever bad situation they encounter.

It's a bit of a harsh reality, especially since boys are being raised in such a feminized society, but it's in your biology to develop a thick skin.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
G_Govan said:
It's a bit of a harsh reality, especially since boys are being raised in such a feminized society, but it's in your biology to develop a thick skin.
Just wanted to say this....when many females get in their cliques, there's this lack of caring about a guy's well-being or life choices just because they don't think he's 'cute'. And no I'm not talking about the schlubby guy who doesn't wash, more like the kind of people I described above in my second post.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
G_Govan said:
There's a double standard and it isn't a good or bad thing, it just is.

I remember hearing a commercial on the radio about some kind of penis enhancement. In it, they emphasize that "size matters". If this were a commercial advertising any enhancement for women, it not only would've been pulled off the air, they'd likely be sued and burned at the stake for making women feel insecure.

Men are made.

If you don't make your way in this world as a man, no one will give a f-ck about you. That includes allowing any and all insecurities you may have to stifle your success. I have "compassion" for people who were dealt a bad hand in life, but I have "respect" for men who overcome adversity and make the most of whatever bad situation they encounter.

men make their own way....

so true...

my dad did..ugly as a pug.....married my mom...natural beauty....ugh...im sick to admit it...but i got her genes...

girls hate other girls who look better...sound better...act better....think better...have better...

guys have it better.

case closed.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never considered my self good-looking. I always think of myself as a ugly mofo, but with the personalilty to make any girl smile.

Girls opinions are useless. I know girls who say theyd never have sex with a guy with chest hair, sleep with me and then cant stop rubbing it, coz its so different to them.

Be happy with who you are, and if you theres a part of you that isnt happy, go fix it.

Serenity

Reaction score
Tried being self-conscious about my looks until I noticed that how I acted made a massive difference in how I was perceived. Don't bother too much about how you look, women pay more attention to who you are.