Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women and doors: to open or not to open?

Do you open doors for women?

• Only if they say are thankful and reciprocate positively in some way

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Always, regardless of how they react.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I do not open doors for women, period.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently, I have noticed a significant number of males who open the door for women (car doors, restaurant doors, etc) without women even smiling or nodding, not to mention saying thank you. To me this comes of as a very AFC habit; it conveys the message that she is in control and you're willing to do what's in your power to get her to stay with you, which works in alignment with scarcity thinking.

This may be a controversial topic and I am sure it will trigger arguments favoring both sides. But ultimately, what do you all think about opening doors for women?

msi

Don Juan
Reaction score
The woman is irrelevant.

Sometimes I open doors for people because they are positioned in such a way that it would take more time for me to walk through before them, so they can go first. Sometimes it happens to be a random woman or a date or whatever.

As someone who cringes when he looks back on past romantic experiences, I can tell you that if you're doing things for her just because she has a vagina, it's going to get ugly.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I open the door for everybody, male or female. It's a respect thing. I don't cry when people don't say thank you, nor when people don't open the door for me. It's kind of just been programmed into my brain to the point where I don't even think about it.

-Scars

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I open/ hold the door for anyone regardless of age, race, gender. It's just good manners. If they choose not to thank or acknowledge, then they are rude, and that is their burden to bear.

JamesIon

Reaction score
I was surprised when people held doors for me when I went to college. Interestingly it was a guy that did it, after that I started doing the same for anyone that might be behind me.

I Noticed that most of the guys say "thank you" and most of the girls just go right through without acknowledgment or don't bother to hold the door for me or other guys.

Ain't that interesting...

I'm starting to think women feel entitled to have the door held for them and don't bother to do the same. Doesn't matter the race or whatever, there is no thank you from anyone women. Its very weird.

Last edited:

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holding a door is so intensification that it doesn't even factor into my head..

i do it for anyone. without even thinking about it.

it's not even worth worrying about man.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
I tend to do it for older ladies, like 50+ they appreciate it and I do not feel like they think I expect something for it.

Every time I hold the door for a younger woman or girl they just kind of scoff as if I am some sort of pig. :down:

Love's Orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, everything was pretty much said. Men usually thank you, women not really. I dont open car doors unless the passenger needs help getting out of the car or has a disability.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should either hold doors open for everybody or don't hold it open for anybody. This way it's a non-issue.

Also, I think it's very "AFC" if you just look to hold doors open to women.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I open it for them if they're coming towards me, but I read somewhere that in order to define yourself as the "pack leader", you should go through doors first.
So when I'm with a romantic interest, I usually go through first and hold it open for her to follow.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no right or wrong. I stopped thinking about it a while back. If I'm with a girl and we're going somewhere and I happen to be in front, I'll open the door, walk through it, then hold it a little so it doesn't hit her in the face haha. If she's in front for some reason, I'll push it upon and 'usher' her in. Sometimes I'll be in front and open it and let her through first, but rarely. It's just not a big deal and like you said they're not appreciative anyway, so no real reason to do it.

TL;DR - it doesn't matter as long as you're not running in front of her just to get a chance to open the door for her.

PS - I've never walked around a car to open a door for a girl. That's a little excessive.

Caravaggio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time for anyone as long I'm not on a mission. I do it because its important to me as a gentleman. Regardless of thanks.

When your on a date, be sure to hold that door and check out your target.

Unless she's a total piece of trash, she'll thank you.

Then be a sexual being by saying stuff like "really I'm just checking out your ass."

Its bold and they'll test you for it. As long as you got balls its an easy start of escalation.

Mr. Bond

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who gives a $hit? If you feel like opening a door, do it. If you don't, don't do it. The only problem here is that you're super concerned about what she thinks of it.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's common courtesy to give up your seat to a woman, child, or old person, open doors for them, etc. A man shouldn't be thanked for common courtesy. He shouldn't be scorned or mocked for it, either.

I'd rather live in a society where people think about others, help them out, and act pleasantly. That's why I open doors for women.