Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Woman and Social Status

chuchu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many woman I knew looked for guys who have a good education and salary, but mainly education. One thing that I notice that woman wont go for a guy whom have less education than them. What do you guys think about this?

What do you guys look for in a woman? Does social status affect your decision?

mdwstjuggler

Reaction score
I think that women do look for education lvls,more so when there clock is ticking louder and they are searching for security,ie 30+,no kids yet.....But,Usually only comes up on initial conversations when the AFC lets them get into qualification of them(you should be doing the qualifying instead)...

I think its way down on their true priority list.Its down on mine too,and most guys as well.......Think about it.....What do women value most?? The way you can make them FEEL...If they FEEL great around you,happy,sexy,relaxed...Do you think they will dump you if you have no college and they do??BS...Do you think that they would ask Brad Pitt if he finished his schooling??BS

When you meet a sexy,fun,great in bed,relaxing to be around woman...would you next her because she only has a undergrad degree??NO WAY...atleast i wouldn't

Its funny as hell though.When I slip up and a woman starts to qualify me about schooling(i didnt finish college,But i own a successfull buisness and love what I do)...I tell them I am so glad I never finished college(opposite of what most people say)..Or I would have never found my passion of growning my buisness.......Right then I say:Why do you ask??? or How far did you get in school/Are you passionate about school??

Throws qualifying back to them......Chances are they are unhappy with what they do/or going back to school so they can get a new job and try to be happy with what they do.......

Its the Man's job to qualify them,I could care less what they think about what I do,or education lvl....If I get a whiff of any condensation.......NEXT

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chuchu
Many woman I knew looked for guys who have a good education and salary, but mainly education. One thing that I notice that woman wont go for a guy whom have less education than them. What do you guys think about this?

What do you guys look for in a woman? Does social status affect your decision?
I laugh my ass off when I see some of these women's online dating profiles stating that a man must have a certain amount of education to "qualify" to date her.

It's funny, cause nowadays when women see where I live and what I drive and the kind of lifestyle I live there isn't much talk of "education level".

Silly b!tches.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men see women as sex objects, women see men as success objects.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all is relative.

for example, i like highly educated women, they are sometimes easier to relate to, BUT i've met girls with only high school education who were smarter, classier, more positive than most girls with prof. degrees.

so once again, its all relative.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kind of comes back to the concept of homogamy.....women generally want men like themselves, education level is not exempt from this.

Captain AFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't the education level really relate more to "success" level than "education?"

For instance. I know a married couple now that has what seems to be a pretty happy marriage. They have a small kid. One of the discussions that came up in a group that I happen to be in was the fact that the husband didn't have a college education. He mentioned, off hand, that one of the things he wants to do for his wife, is get the opportunity to get his education while on a college campus.

At first, I was confused by it, but then I wondered if the education factor wasn't so much that she wanted him to become articulate or smarter (because he was already articulate and smart, and he was a pretty confident guy to boot), but rather she wanted to see him become even more of a "success" in terms of employment and opportunity. At the time, he wasn't running a successful business or anything of that sort. College would be, in essence, his doorway to more "success" (however you want to look at it).

So I don't think women really care so much about education so much as your status. Education these days means a better job. In the past, when college was less important, I doubt women were that desperate for their guys to have "finished school."

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is true that education does not equal success, but there is some correlation, enough to make it a point of interest for a woman. Sometimes a particular education correlates very well with a certain income. If you said you were trained as a cardiologist a woman's cash register goes ka-ching.

Didn't George Bush make a joke once when there was a discussion about which university people had attended. Something like "See, if you go to Yale, you only end up getting to be Vice-President."

It's an established tradition/practice for women to marry men who have higher status than themselves, because of the correlation between status and the ability to provide. In the end, society says your job is to provide, like it or not. (see Dr Warren Farrell, "Myth of Male Power".)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ElChoclo
It is true that education does not equal success, but there is some correlation, enough to make it a point of interest for a woman.
Point of interest.....fine.

Qualification for a relationship....BULLSH!T.

chuchu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bull Shiet, I agree, but in reality thats how some "educated" or "uneducated" woman qualified their sexual partner, not considering their family. Woman tend to ask their family opinion about the guy she is dating. How do her families judge him? They never interest in anything about the essential matters. They never wants to know what what are his hobbies. What he do on his free time. Instead they wants to know, how much money does he make, what are his education level. Only from these figures and status do they think they have learned anything about him.

I've heard one theories behind this also. It's that families will get along well if they are in the same social status. It's not totally true, but maybe in some instances. I dont know, I haven't got there yet.

-Chuchu

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all comes down to "How does the guy make her feel."

A woman will prefer to date a guy that makes her feel all squishy inside who only has partial college education and is a struggling worker while he spends his free time snowboarding, home improvement, working on his car, doing the great outdoors, etc. he makes $20k salary tops.

than a guy who has it made, bachelors degree, full time job doing financial or engineering work yet he makes her feel "average" and spends most of his days just "hanging" out at the gym or shopping on weekends. he makes $75k salary tops.

Obviously the gold diggers will laugh at the first guy because he doesn't offer what they want. Money/ Status. That's fine if you want to date superficial high maintenance b1tches or those who measure a man through his bank account. But a mature woman whose dated enough of guys who had money and those who hadn't will come to realize that they want to spend time with someone who makes them feel good and has a lot of talent rather than the talent to work 9-5 churning out money.

So yes, SOME chicks who have degrees will want to date someone who has similar degrees - if you get the shove off from the girl just because of that.. Might as well be, but another girl who also has a degree might give you a chance and she might be the types that isn't as superficial. And just because you have a college degree does not make you a true genius in the world: Good examples would be Bill Gates (no college degree and wasn't born in a rich family) and George Bush (college degree and was born in a rich family) .

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warlord
It all comes down to "How does the guy make her feel."

A woman will prefer to date a guy that makes her feel all squishy inside who only has partial college education and is a struggling worker while he spends his free time snowboarding, home improvement, working on his car, doing the great outdoors, etc. he makes $20k salary tops.

than a guy who has it made, bachelors degree, full time job doing financial or engineering work yet he makes her feel "average" and spends most of his days just "hanging" out at the gym or shopping on weekends. he makes $75k salary tops.

Those are nearly even scenarios, but, don't overlook the feelings the woman will get by being envied by her peers for having a trophy husband. When the hive mind sees that the man meets the Cosmo checklist, the woman will be lavished with compliments and congratulations by her fellow females.

Those feelings she receives from the outside world trump her own, and the guy in the first scenario is at a disadvantage.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick your angle and work from there. If your occupation offers some sort of status, such as doctor, lawyer, "real estate investor," club owner, producer, musician/artist, etc, then I say milk it for all it is worth. If you can't find a way to offer some sort of status, then be the "bad boy." Find a way to make your relationship scandalous in some respect, or just be exciting in general. Take up an adrenaline hobby, like motorcycling or jet skiing. afoaf is an ex-con with no education, but he dates a successful executive with an mba. He is an exciting bad boy compared to the boring corporate types that she is around at work. Successful DJs find their own way of offering status or excitement.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money trumps all.

In general, women will look past all else in favor of $$$'s.

Part of a mans POWER is through the woman he is with. i.e. the hotter the chick he's with, the more status he has with other men (In general).

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vulpine
Those are nearly even scenarios, but, don't overlook the feelings the woman will get by being envied by her peers for having a trophy husband. When the hive mind sees that the man meets the Cosmo checklist, the woman will be lavished with compliments and congratulations by her fellow females.

Those feelings she receives from the outside world trump her own, and the guy in the first scenario is at a disadvantage.
Even though women may work in a herd, the more independent woman will seek out a person that is more compatible with her than a cookie cutter "success" guy. As long as he's normal and accepted within most of the "hive" community it should be okay.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
Money trumps all.

In general, women will look past all else in favor of $$$'s.

Part of a mans POWER is through the woman he is with. i.e. the hotter the chick he's with, the more status he has with other men (In general).
Yes, because money REALLY matters when they're in a dangerous situation such as being abandoned in an island or in a firey building. I guess you can bribe or give money to someone to show them the way out. Yes you sir, got it spot on. Now go back to the high school forum.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Pick your angle and work from there. If your occupation offers some sort of status, such as doctor, lawyer, "real estate investor," club owner, producer, musician/artist, etc, then I say milk it for all it is worth.
Telling a woman you are a "real estate investor" isn't tangible enough to boost your status in and of itself. When I tell women that's what I do it usually just confuses them. It's not something people look at as being a "job", so it's hard for them to fathom that you do it for a living.

Add a nice house, car, and lifestyle into the equation and it becomes a little more clear, but I have found that the title itself doesn't do much to impress.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warlord
Yes, because money REALLY matters when they're in a dangerous situation such as being abandoned in an island or in a firey building. I guess you can bribe or give money to someone to show them the way out. Yes you sir, got it spot on. Now go back to the high school forum.
I shouldn't have to point out something so obvious, but money will go a long way towards solving problems people face in REAL life.

How many times in their lives do most people find themselves on deserted islands or in fiery buildings?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Telling a woman you are a "real estate investor" isn't tangible enough to boost your status in and of itself.

Really? I am surprised. Maybe people in my area of the country are so broke that they are easier to impress. I am impressed, fwiw.