Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wish your Ex a happy birthday

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex birthday is today and I am thinking of sending her a text message along the line of "29 welcomes you. Happy birthday." but something is telling me to not do it. On my birthday, she took me out for a dinner, though she has a boyfriend. The reason why I am reluctant doing it is because I sent her a Happy New year message about a month ago but the never responded. So, I am thinking... what the heck, forget about her. Any thoughts?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why bother? What's the point? What do you hope the outcome of this will be?

Again, why bother?

Radninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes you do it just for good karma and because life is not a zero-sum game. You do it for yourself, if that is your true you coming through.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the heck with her. you have moved on, even if you have not. that will make her think that you still think about her.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you even asking this question?

You're better than that - with over 1000 posts, you should not be feeling needy for her, which is what this thread reeks of

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish my ex a happy birthday or whatever holiday if I happen to talk to her around that time. I don't make any special effort but we have kid together and I try to be civil. I place no more importance on it than saying bless you when someone sneezes. It cost me nothing,and I'm not looking to gain anything from it. If we didn't have a child I would never bother to speak to her at all. I don't talk to ex's. If she was on my facebook or something I might type a happy birthday along with everyone else (obviously we are on good terms if she's on my facebook, I don't keep random people on there).

So, why is it such an issue in your mind that you mulled it over enough to even post about it? What is your motivation? What do you think you stand to lose or gain?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf??

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is great to know more people here think the same way I was thinking. For some reason, I was thinking of wishing her a happy birthday because she called, wished, and took me for dinner on my birthday, but that's just the beta part of me that is trying to gain root.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
It is great to know more people here think the same way I was thinking. For some reason, I was thinking of wishing her a happy birthday because she called, wished, and took me for dinner on my birthday, but that's just the beta part of me that is trying to gain root.
If you want to wish her happy bday go ahead. That's not the problem per se.

The problem is that you care so much as to whether she will respond, or how you will come off to her.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the way home tonight, I ran into her...unbeavilable.
HB: "Hey.."
Amoka: Could not recognige her at first "Is that you, HB?"
HB: " Why are you walking so fast. You walking home tonight?"
Amoka: " Yeah, I gotta run. By the way, happy birthday.".

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So would it be wrong to send my ex wife a happy 10th anniversary on the anniversary of our divorce? Kids will be over 18 by then

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
Seemed to work out just fine.

BTW I don't think you should use HB to represent your ex. It gives the impression that you are still interested in her. Which may be why you even made this thread.

This isn't an attack on you. Just something to ponder.

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:

Unbelievable???
Maybe she put herself there cause she knew you would "run" into her.
Just messing with you...
This post is right on time my ex's bday is this week.

shortie

Don Juan
Reaction score
i ignored my ex's birthday which was 2 weeks after she left me. i am not over her yet so it would have been one more than that would have set me back on my path to moving forward.

and she has blown off an email conversation that she started with me after our break up, and didnt respond to it at all so i didnt want to put myself in the position where i was thinking about why she didnt reply if i said happy birthday or happy new year.

since you ran into her, good that you got it out of the way in person and no hassle of waiting for replies or lack there of. but in the future, if it isnt as convenient as running into her, i would say dont bother with it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to steal something out of the AA book, you will be able to do everything in due time as long as your motives are in order.

If you honestly are just doing it for good karma, there isn't an issue.

if you are doing it because it's part of your master game plan to sneak your way back in her heart, than you are going to fail and you are delaying the healing process.

I have this thing where I just don't' forget birthdays. I send texts /emails to all my ex's and old friends on their birthday. some send back some don't. not the biggest of deals. I frankly don't care what they think.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Just send, "Happy birthday". No cutesy comments accompanying it...that'd be gay even if you WERE still with her.

And if you're doing it for "karma", don't expect any response, or acknowledge it if it comes.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell I can never remember a current gf's birthday or anniversary, that stuff has always gotten me in trouble!