Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will dating always be a numbers game or can one have so much skill that they can have ANY woman?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm leaning more toward numbers game. I remember in my twenties going from being able to get dates with attractive women but always getting the you're such a nice guy speech, to finally reading David DeAngelo's stuff and having massive success. It took me a while to get c&cky comedy right, and I'm always still learning new concepts like how c&cky comedy is for sparking attraction, you amplify it via being unavailable, building sexual tension, etc. I have even come up with some of my own techniques based on the concepts that work well and I'm still having success with today.

But sometimes I get discouraged when I get rejected. Even when I'm dating multiple other women, if the one I really wanted rejects me, it throws me off my game. I feel down for a while. Eventually I recover, but man, the feeling sucks. I guess what I'm looking for is a reminder that ALL guys get rejected and that it's always going to be a numbers game. I just try to get my numbers up.

I think part of the reason I am so "hurt" right now is because I got rejected by a girl at work and now worry about losing status at work. Everyone always winked at me about how much she seemed into me and I messed it up. I feel I was trying so hard because I couldn't risk NOT closing that deal at work. Otherwise I normally wouldn't care that much.

I know now (second time this happened at two different jobs) that dating people at work is NEVER a good idea....For a lot of reasons.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Numbers game
So basically stick to what works most of the time and just treat it as a numbers game? I think we all (men) try to romanticize dating sometimes like the movie Hitch, that we can get any woman, the woman we specifically want and have a crush on. Real life is NOT like that.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for niches where your positive attributes are most appreciated
So for example, I do best at online dating. I get numbers from women in person easily, but they almost never lead to anything, no response. Whereas OLD, I get numbers and meet up for dates much much more easily. It has it's ups and downs too, but I meet almost all of my dates online and have for most of my adult life. I've met all of my adult girlfriends this way. Is that an example?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is, and you're lucky if OLD works for you. Doesn't get me anything really
Thanks. That makes sense. I'm curious what others opinions are on this topic. Yeah, myspace was ridiculous for me when people were on it during it's prime. I literally would have girls come over or invite ME over for sex within one to two messages. Most never even knew or asked my real name. A lot of them were 9's too.

POF is a bit harder, I think some women are just on there for attention or have a hard time dating because they give off the wrong vibes, come across as aloof etc. It works for me though, a lot of the time. Every girl I'm dating right now other than the girl I WAS recently dating at work was from OLD on POF.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both.

You need numbers (even 1)

You need skills (to close that 1)

Taking it from a mathematical point of view...100% doesnt exist.

The max you'll get is 99%.

The professionnal/skillfull success rate is around 30% (3 out of 10)

Skills is just about increasing the odds in your favors.

Can one (number or skills) best another ? Sure!

At the end of the day... You might win 30%, 99%, 100% and still have a result of 0.

Because 0 approaches x 30%, 99%, 100% is still 0.

Does it favors the number game? Not necessarily, because who do you approach, the type, the HB, the common interest or social network etc... That will decrease or increase your odds.

You might kill it on OLD and have 0 success in a bar etc.

What's your confort zone? To expand your confort zone you need numbers and skills.

They codependant.... Only a fool would have a number game and not increase his skills of the game.

Why does some needs 10 women for 1 lay and others 3 women for 1 lay... Skills

You can have the best knowledge of the game and still get 0... Why? You never approached.

Approaching (having numbers) requires Skills!

I prefer Skills over Number, because with Skills your numbers will be better (in approach and closing rate).

Make approach, increase your numbers, learn, increase your skills.

Both are the key to success. Start with numbers, develop the skills, than use the skills to increase the closing rates and get bigger numbers.

If you only believe in the number game, that's good but keep making the approaches and double your efforts (100 approach a week or 200)

Roelrr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well here goes my first post after lurking for months.

There are people who have so much skill they can have anyone, they are just master manipulators and I would say dating isn't fun for them. Think of it like playing chess or monopoly with a toddler, you can rewrite the rules and always win and they dont know any better but where is the enjoyment of that. You just get tired of playing. Like the ex show "the mentalist" as an example of a master manipulator for everyone else it's a numbers game.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There are people who have so much skill they can have anyone, they are just master manipulators and I would say dating isn't fun for them. Think of it like playing chess or monopoly with a toddler, you can rewrite the rules and always win and they dont know any better but where is the enjoyment of that. You just get tired of playing. Like the ex show "the mentalist" as an example of a master manipulator for everyone else it's a numbers game.
I don't know that I believe this. Even Mystery, as good as he is and as high as his numbers probably are, I'm sure get's rejected more often than not, or at least certainly get's rejected a fair amount of the time.

Roelrr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because someone doesnt believe, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I personally do not know anyone like this, but then again I dont know everyone.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because someone doesnt believe, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. I personally do not know anyone like this, but then again I dont know everyone.
Sure, but it's statistically unlikely and just because it's possible doesn't mean it exists or is even likely to exist. I highly doubt there is one guy who could get any of 100 or 1,000 women, let alone any of 3 billion women. Even rich and famous starts get rejected. Heck Justin Bieber makes 80 mil a year, is worth 250 mil, good looking, famous and he hit on some girl on social media and she blew him off...

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Because Bieber is just a little girl in a man's body.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of rich nerds party with models too.
I think you have lost sight of the point I was making. Even rich and famous good looking guys get rejected....Your point about rich nerds partying with models too has absolutely nothing to do with this...try to stay on track....

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just proved I'm right.

Ummmm....OK...

When I noted that Justin Bieber the heart throb, worth 250 mil, famous gets rejected, you bring up how that's because he's a girl in a mans body.

Then when I point out that he parties with a yacht full of super models there to see him, you say rich nerds party with super models too.

You go ahead and keep telling yourself I just proved your point, despite the FACT that your last argument had nothing to do with your point or mine and didn't prove anything, in fact my point has yet to be refuted by your attempt at an argument a child could pierce.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on who you are and where you fall on the social hierarchy.......

The game is Different for different men.

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a PUA inspired myth. The closest you’ll get is people with extremely high status, like athletes and musicians, but even they can run into issues. I know some ok looking girls who have rejected pro football players because they didn’t want to be pump and dumped. For normal guys, that simply doesn’t happen. I have a friend who’s a 6’4” model and has at least one girl call him Clark Kent every time we go out, and I’ve seen him strike out multiple times.

mr. kennedy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is not a single man on the planet that could get any woman. I've also seen a lot of high status tall good looking rich and ripped guys get rejected. Don't forget the more you have going for you and the more success with women you get the more ****y you get and that turns off some women.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a PUA inspired myth. The closest you’ll get is people with extremely high status, like athletes and musicians, but even they can run into issues. I know some ok looking girls who have rejected pro football players because they didn’t want to be pump and dumped. For normal guys, that simply doesn’t happen. I have a friend who’s a 6’4” model and has at least one girl call him Clark Kent every time we go out, and I’ve seen him strike out multiple times.
Where is the guy who proved me wrong with his 2nd grade logic??? Bueller??

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
absurd thread. I'm one of the best car salesmen in Illinois and I still barely close at 40-50% (national average is 15%). I'm sure same thing is true with women

Last edited: