Wicked plateau

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a wicked plateau going on. I even took a couple weeks off.

Anybody ever tried doing a 100 rep set to break a plateau?

I have to change something. Haven't made any real progress in the gym in months.

Zircon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try this...only suggestion...I'm not a professional though:

Go to gym max twice a week (if you pick up weight/fat easily - 3 times) When you go make it a hard killer session of about 50 min, not more than 60 min. It's good to have a training partner...more fun, more work, more competition.

Do 3 sets of max 10 reps. Write down everything you do...start calibratiing it so that you start failing on the end of the second set, and fail on the third set around rep 6-7.

Concentrate on using the weights in a very controlled and slow fashion. The slower the better. Negative reps are good, especially for your last set. Get your partner to help you lift the weight, and you lower it very slowly yourself. Tha bomb.

Use 70/30 carb/protein drink directly after workout to help recovery and get the most out of your workout. Sleep at least 8 hours that nmight.

thats about it...anything else?

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do that once in a while. Lift lighter with higer reps. It just changes things up.

Your bodyhas adapted to your routine. Just mix things up... Cross train...

I quit cardio for a month and gained a good bit of muscle...Of course I think I lost it when I started up again. But I enjoy running...

Amorican23

Don Juan
Reaction score
100 rep method is excellent, especially for tricep strength. doing 100 rep pressdowns at the end of your bench workouts will definitely push up your poundages

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Speak of the devil.

I just got SPAMmed by this from 'musclesurf'

100 Repetition Sets

The next time you're feeling sluggish at the gym, try this wildly intense method of getting the blood pumping and the juices flowing. This can be done with virtually any exercise but in this case, we'll say cable concentration curls. The goal here is to rip off a hundred repetitions. That's right. One hundred. Set the weight at a light level and begin cranking out the reps. Throughout the set, keep the reps smooth and the form strict. If you need to, take a short break and then keep the set rolling until you reach that triple-digit plateau.