Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

-=Why You Should Stop Masturbating=-

CrzyBadBoyDJ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, i'm just preventing testicular cancer! That doesn't make me a drug addict, i'd hope!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DEKKA
Okay men. We're gunna talk about masturbation. There's been a few threads about it here on the forums. There's been a challenge or two. There's been comments from the yeas and the nays and the religious and the non. There are those who think it's no big deal and there are those who try to limit the number of times they do it to a certain amount. There are those who it seems to effect and those who are unbothered by it.

I'm not here as a religious person and I'm not here to try to tell you made-up facts about masturbation that is supposed to deter you from doing it. I've masturbated my share of times and I'd venture to guess most males with a working penis have as well.

THE REASON YOU SHOULD STOP MASTURBATING IS BECAUSE YOU ARE SHORT-CIRCUITING YOUR BRAINS REWARD SYSTEM AND THUS HANDICAPPING YOUR PERFORMANCE IN MANY AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

I'll tell you why.

For those of you who don't know what the brains reward system is or how it works I'll simplify it for you.

All humans have basic drives. Drives are what makes us do things. If we didn't have any drives we wouldn't do anything... and the world wouldn't be anything like what we know... the world couldn't function. Even animals have a reward system and drives.

For humans there are drives for food, water, sex, friendships, physical touch, discovery of the unknown and the feeling of importance.

The strongest and most life altering/effecting drives in humans are their sex drive and their desire to feel important. There have been many psychological studies proving this and if you think for a moment about why you do the things you do and say the things you say, you'll most likely realize they are based somewhere in these two drives.

Studies have also shown that huge numbers of mentally insane people have nothing physically wrong with their brain or psysiology, but rather, go insane to achieve the feeling of importance they are deprived of in the real world.

People wear certain clothing because they want to feel, or think, that they are important. People say things and do things to attract attention to themselves. People don't generally truely listen to anybody but themselves. People desire attention and the feeling of importance.

The other main drive humans have is the sex drive. The sex drive in animals makes them procreate and spread their seed to create the next generation. In humans, an un-altered sex drive would cause a man(when combined with the desire to be important) to get a job, get out on his own, be successful, create an environment that he thought would attract females, and select the mates of his choosing. If he wanted to marry his actions would reflect that goal. If he wanted to fvck as many chicks as he could than he would. He would have all his sexual energy and the desire to feel important directed towards his goals.... and he would succeed powerfully in whatever he put his hand to.

If any of you are familiar with drug and alcohol abuse you may also know that drug and alcohol abuse also short-circuits the brains reward center. THIS IS NOT PSEUDO-SCIENCE! This is actual physical chemical changes that take place in the brain. When something naturally takes place that is good, the brain releases a little seratonin to reward the person. When a person gets sex, eats, feels important, wins 20,000 bones etc. the receptors in his brain release this seratonin reward. The person, like any trained animal, naturally wants to keep pressing the reward button. If the reward system of the human has not been altered than the reward system builds a man up and helps him reach his goals.

The problem is that masturbation is a drug. Don't tell me its not because it has the same characteristics of every other drug. Sex is a drug. If used in the way nature intended then it won't harm you.

When you masturbate you are reaching for the pill instead of reaching for life. You are doing the same thing drug addicts and alcoholics do when they reach for the rolled up dollar bill or the bottle. Sure, it feels great at the time. Sure, it releaves the tension and helps you get to sleep. Whatever it may be. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is that every time you masturbate you are doing a drug. The more you masturbate the more you are abusing the drug. The more you abuse the drug the more you alter your brains reward system in relation to the sex drive. AND when you alter your sex drive you alter everything that is based on your sex drive.

So, think for a second about all the things that sex would make a normal healthy male do. Think of what sex drives males to be. Then you'll know how much you are effecting yourself by masturbating.

Finally I'd like to say that as with any drug you can quit. Depending on your level of physical and psychological addiction you can probably quit. You will experience withdrawal and all that other drug stuff. If you are hard enough on yourself you might be able to restore your natural reward system, but think of how hard that is when you have the drug you are addicted to so readily available. It's hard. For a second, stop defending masturbation and just compare it to heroin, crank, or cocaine addiction. Do you think you'd have an easier time stopping masturbation or quitting hard drugs? I'd venture to guess, especially by the results of past masturbation challenges and such that many of us are addicted in just as strong of a way.

If you think you can manage your drug habit, by all means keep living that way. Some drug addicts can live with their habits. It's been said before though that any unhelpful habit should be disgarded.

It might be worth thinking about, but we all know how hard it is. When something that hard is to be overcome there must be a very high priority given to that thing in order for there to even be a chance. I guess I'm trying to show you a reason for quitting. Maybe it is great enough for you to want to. Maybe not.

The sad thing is, I realized one more similarity between hard drug abusers and all of us who masturbate.... telling them that they are fvcking up their reward center is the last thing they want to hear. Drug abusers are in denial. Drug abusers don't really give a sh!t if what they are doing is bad for them... so maybe it's all futile after all.
what a pile of horsesh*t.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm one of the people trying to quit too, but that website is garbage.

Fatigue. Feeling tired all the time
Lower back pain
Stress / Anxiety
Thinning hair / Hair Loss
Soft / Weak Erection
Premature Ejaculation
Eye floaters or fuzzy vision
Groin / Testicular Pain
Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

6 of those I can attribute to from the position you masturbate, or masturbating too much, or someone coming in the door while masturbating and trying to cover up your pants. Hell, they try to sell you "pills". How come there aren't masturbation pills that I've heard of? The US is #1 in drugs, never heard of it.

Reed247

Banned
Reaction score
stolen from dale carnegy

Dude,

this is all taken from "how to win friends and influence people" the famous book.

Reiki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me try and clear this up;

- Pretty much nobody will care if you whack it or not.
- Its fine whacking your wang.
- Its fine not whacking your wang, whatever you choose, its fine, most people will choose the former.

now let me clear up this;

-Whacking your wang brings you down or won't stimulate you as much as not whacking your wang.
If that already brings you down, fear the real world, there are much bigger things that can bring you down than whacking your wang, now somebody might think; how can I make whacking not bring me down? by reading what I typed above, its FINE, pretty much NOBODY will care, you shouldn't think too much of it either.

The only time it gets bad is when you do it too much, but that is a rule in life, too much of anything is always a bad thing. Learn how to balance everything in life.

I don't wack my wang. Why? because I really don't care and I feel fine, that is the mindset you should have even if you do whack it.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys I think you should at least minimise it. I personaly have got a girl to her underwear and my sex drive dropped, and u can guess what happened next. That happened because I was jacking off 3-5 times a day.

The most Ive ever lasted though is 7 days. I have stopped now (day 5). Do not spend too much time alone in your room looking at hotties on the net or in mags is the best tip. Stay busy :D The worse is coming home alone after a club. Your mind goes weak.

DJ Hawtness

Don Juan
Reaction score

You need to masturbate so that you're able to get a boner every now and then.

It wouldn't be good if you couldn't get one when you were talking to a hawt chick...

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Hawtness

You need to masturbate so that you're able to get a boner every now and then.

It wouldn't be good if you couldn't get one when you were talking to a hawt chick...

LMFAO. I never get boners when I talk to hot chicks, and I masturbate most of the time 1x/day.

DJ Hawtness

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bling
LMFAO. I never get boners when I talk to hot chicks, and I masturbate most of the time 1x/day.
Well, what I meant was when you're dancing with them, or kissing them etc., but according to Gunwitch you should be horny when you talk to girls. :woo:

BTW, I've been looking and I've found this.

"Masturbating can help us to learn about our bodies and we can teach ourselves how to respond sexually. We can love ourselves alone or masturbate mutually with a lover. It is very erotic to watch your love become sexually aroused and vice versa. Self-stimulation helps to relieve sexual tension and therefore helps you fall asleep easier. Repressing your sexuality is unhealthy so masturbating gives us a way to feel pleasure that is self-sufficient and under our control. It provides an outlet for people who are without a lover and is excellent training for learning how to achieve an orgasm. It can enable a partner to have an orgasm when the stimulation through intercourse is insufficient. Masturbation can even help to relieve menstrual cramps. "

It IS healthy for you to masturbate, and don't be afraid if you do, over 90% of men masturbate anyway, so if we deny it, we can basically call each other liars, lawl.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I aint stopping, i will just want to do it more if i try to stop which has happened before. I just won't do it as much if i wanted to reduce.