Why would the HB9's friend do this?

theboywonder2

Reaction score
Hi guys...long time reader here, first time poster!

Normally I'm fine with the whole business with the ladies, from number closing to the rest of the game. However, I just encoutered a little mystery problem last weekend.

I was out and about, I work in a bar, spotted this HB9 who came to the bar. Apparently she saw me during the week when I was out shopping and she made a point of telling me this on Friday night. She said she was in a cafe and saw me walk past! I flicked a bit of c/f on her, saying that next time it happens i expect her to stop me and buy me lunch ;) etc.. all was fine. Things were looking good.

Anyway her friend came back to the bar with her a bit later, the HB was laughing with me, plenty of eye contact, nice and chatty etc. Then after she left to go and sit down I simply asked her friend what the HB's name was - Laura - I soon found out. Her friend continued "nice isn't she...shall I give you her number?". Again, things were looking good.

So she wrote down the number after locating it in her mobile phone BUT she changed the last digit of the number! I saw it ended with a 3 on her mobile, she wrote down a 7. I figured it was nothing to lose sleep over...I was going to let it pass and forget it. Things not looking so good now.

Anyway a bit later the HB came back to the bar, I showed her the number and asked her if what her friend wrote down was accurate. She grabbed a pen and corrected it to the right number!

Now I'm confused...why would her friend do that? Is it a girl thing? The friend was maybe just a 5 or 6 out of 10 looks wise.

As a side-note...it turned out the friend actually likes my mate so we're in the process of setting up a date for the four of us...bowling or something action-like.

Any thoughts on why her friend would do this? I don't lose sleep over these things to be honest but I've never encountered this before and it confused me!

Cheers guys

Joe

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
probably somthing to do with jelousy or maybe a bad past experince with her freind getitng a boyfreind and then giving her less attention because of this, either way there isnt too much to wory about.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a c0ck-blocking jealous biatch, as checkmate said, don't worry about it, bypass her like a minor obstacle and move in on the HB 9....

Good move pawning her off on your friend, got to remove the blockers.

Dietzcoi

chancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Then after she left to go and sit down I simply asked her friend what the HB's name was - Laura - I soon found out. Her friend continued "nice isn't she...shall I give you her number?"."

HAHAHAH, that looks like such a set up.

The issue here is probably the fact that you asked the friend for HB's name... Why didn't you ask the HB her name? I swear it looked like she was promoting her friend. Laura's so cool, she's gold, you want her number? :p Next time, ask for her name and number yourself, and it's done. Confusion stops there.

All in all, you did good, Cheers!