Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why would a guy give me his number?

El_Indio

Don Juan
Reaction score
As from my previous posts, you can probably infer me as a loner.

Let me describe what happened, and then maybe you can tell me what it meant.
So, I was at this tv preview thing, lasted about 2 hours. Im in a huge room with about 50+ people. I went by myself because I had no one to go with (big surprise). So were just there to watch 2 tv shows. As were getting to the end, the guy besides gives me a business card with his name and number written on it, and tells me to call him. I just say "ok" and go on with they survery being conducted. Now, I never presented myself to him, nor did he say "hey, im so and so". He just hands me the card. The only exchanges were the questions he asked me during the survey (i guess he didnt hear the announcer or whatever). Then when we're done, he just gets up and bolts.

Was he being friendly and just wanted to hang out, or was this like a come on? I doubt it was the latter since he came with a woman who I assumed was his wife/g/f based on what i overheard them talk about.

Any insight would be helpful....

thanks!

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I read, this looks more like a proposition and it looks like you might be on the end of a butt-fvcking/assault. Stay away from that... ((Anyone remember "As good as it gets"?))

I went by myself because I had no one to go with (big surprise).
It takes a lot of balls to admit you're unpopular but this is a good step, now work on looking mean and tough to top it off;)

--Side note-- I accidentally hit the search feature with the above quote in mind and I got a lot of self-pity and other such books listed.

Kaos-DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the above guy! But there are times when you meet a bloke for a short amount of time and then its ok. I give my number to dudes quite a bit. Theres been heaps of times when I was with an agency doing jobs for a day at one place, a day at another, etc. I may have worked with a dude for 30 mins or whatever, and with everyone being in the same boat, id usually just say "look, ill give you my number, I wont be back here... we'll go out and get smashed one night". And that was it... new friends. Nuthin wrong with it.

Anyway this guy just sounds like he has a screw loose, or some alterior motive... he may just be lookin for ppl for some project he's involved in, and what not.

El_Indio

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks

for your insight. I kinda assumed that... not the "butt fvcking/assault" but that something was odd.

what happens in "as good as it gets" ?

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, dude, relax. he was hitting on you. Take it as a compliment. Its happened to me several times. Relax and just pitch the number. :D

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ummm....was it a BUSINESS card? Was it given to you in a BUSINESS setting? Sounds like his request may have been BUSINESS related, Tiger.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe this is so funny because its 12 and Iam hammered, but uhh.......... ggrrr............

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by On_the_Top
maybe this is so funny because its 12 and Iam hammered, but uhh.......... ggrrr............
That's the funniest thing I've heard all night. I guess it's because I'm hammered too.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree witht he second poster. DON"T BEND OVER!