"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Why would a guy give me his number?

El_Indio

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
southeast
As from my previous posts, you can probably infer me as a loner.

Let me describe what happened, and then maybe you can tell me what it meant.
So, I was at this tv preview thing, lasted about 2 hours. Im in a huge room with about 50+ people. I went by myself because I had no one to go with (big surprise). So were just there to watch 2 tv shows. As were getting to the end, the guy besides gives me a business card with his name and number written on it, and tells me to call him. I just say "ok" and go on with they survery being conducted. Now, I never presented myself to him, nor did he say "hey, im so and so". He just hands me the card. The only exchanges were the questions he asked me during the survey (i guess he didnt hear the announcer or whatever). Then when we're done, he just gets up and bolts.

Was he being friendly and just wanted to hang out, or was this like a come on? I doubt it was the latter since he came with a woman who I assumed was his wife/g/f based on what i overheard them talk about.

Any insight would be helpful....

thanks!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Silquee Smoove

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
723
Reaction score
1
Location
Jax Bch, FL - 3rd Street Crew
From what I read, this looks more like a proposition and it looks like you might be on the end of a butt-fvcking/assault. Stay away from that... ((Anyone remember "As good as it gets"?))

I went by myself because I had no one to go with (big surprise).
It takes a lot of balls to admit you're unpopular but this is a good step, now work on looking mean and tough to top it off;)

--Side note-- I accidentally hit the search feature with the above quote in mind and I got a lot of self-pity and other such books listed.
 

Kaos-DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I agree with the above guy! But there are times when you meet a bloke for a short amount of time and then its ok. I give my number to dudes quite a bit. Theres been heaps of times when I was with an agency doing jobs for a day at one place, a day at another, etc. I may have worked with a dude for 30 mins or whatever, and with everyone being in the same boat, id usually just say "look, ill give you my number, I wont be back here... we'll go out and get smashed one night". And that was it... new friends. Nuthin wrong with it.

Anyway this guy just sounds like he has a screw loose, or some alterior motive... he may just be lookin for ppl for some project he's involved in, and what not.
 

El_Indio

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2003
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
southeast
thanks

for your insight. I kinda assumed that... not the "butt fvcking/assault" but that something was odd.

what happens in "as good as it gets" ?
 

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
LOL, dude, relax. he was hitting on you. Take it as a compliment. Its happened to me several times. Relax and just pitch the number. :D
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Ummm....was it a BUSINESS card? Was it given to you in a BUSINESS setting? Sounds like his request may have been BUSINESS related, Tiger.
 

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
maybe this is so funny because its 12 and Iam hammered, but uhh.......... ggrrr............
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by On_the_Top
maybe this is so funny because its 12 and Iam hammered, but uhh.......... ggrrr............
That's the funniest thing I've heard all night. I guess it's because I'm hammered too.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
I agree witht he second poster. DON"T BEND OVER!
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top