Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

why women test - the whole picture

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHY WOMEN TEST MEN
By Marlimus

marlimus@hotmail.com

Most if not all of the articles on this subject merely focus on one or two reasons why women test men, thus they do not give the whole picture, and the underlying insight into the female mind. The general gist of most articles is that she’s just checking to make sure that the guy is not a needy loser. That’s true, but its only a part of the whole.

The reasons are as follows:

1) Defense Mechanism
Do you know what is the single most common piece of advice that women give each other?

“Don’t make yourself too available.”

If all the tests and games that women play could be represented as a pyramid, with each level depending on the one below it, (something like Maslow’s hierarchy of needs) then this phrase would form the base of the pyramid. All female tricks rest on this fundamental principle, and I’ll tell you why.
One of the greatest fears that a woman has is that she will give her heart to a man too easily, and that he will take her for granted and break her heart. For a woman, this experience is one of the most devastating things that she can suffer, the pain of which is comparable only with childbirth. Women confuse men, feign disinterest and act evasive at times so as to try to communicate to men that they cannot be taken for granted. They are protecting themselves, because emotionally, they are weaker than us. The conclusion that women are emotionally weaker than us deserves an article by itself, but here is not the place to discuss that…

2) Screening Process
As any good article will tell you, women are attracted to men who are a challenge and are disinterested in men who they think like them too much, or who are needy. I’m not going to go into this, because it is over-preached. You’ve probably heard that part a zillion times before.
Women test men to find out what category a man fits in. If a woman cancels on a man, and she likes him, she may tell him that she is very sorry and that she will call him and make it up to him. Then, instead of calling, she sits back and waits to see what he will do. If he calls within three days to either set up another date or to ask why she didn’t call, or if he calls at all within three days for any reason, he has failed. If he calls after three days, he’s barely passed, it is up to her discretion. If he simply refuses to call until she contacts him, then he has aced the test with flying colors. The idea is that the needy guy is insecure and needs assurance, so he calls too soon. The average guy calls after three days, he’s neither here nor there. The real man knows that the ball is in her court, is confident in himself, and refuses to budge.

3) Ego inflation
Some women are addicted to attention, the most addictive kind being the male, flattering variety. This is where a woman plays head games with a man in order to keep him chasing after her to boost her ego. Nearly all women know the age-old trick of changing the amounts of attention that a man is given, it is literally the oldest in the book. What she will do, basically, is pretend she likes a guy only as a friend one minute, then the next, flirt with him. Or, she will give a guy a friendly, flirty greeting one day, then give him a slight nod the next. This drives the average guy crazy, causing him to chase her. When a woman acts friendly, then cool, the guy thinks that he might be losing her, so he tries to reel her in by being extra nice, giving gifts and so on. This is how the attention junkie gets her fix. It does not mean that she is a *****. This is just how some women are, and it is the man’s responsibility to not fall into this trap.

THE ABANDONMENT COMPLEX

I’m going to dive straight into this. Be extremely careful when dealing with a woman who grew up in a family where the father walked out at a tender age. The road to her heart, or to her pants, depending on your goal, is like an emotional minefield.
At an early age, the father, the dominant male figure in the house, is symbolic of his gender. Abandonment creates issues of guilt in the child, and does a number on the girl’s ability to trust men and her unconscious opinion of men on the whole. If the mother shields the girl from the full impact of the blow by not being bitter and by being careful not to tarnish the father image, or if the girl simply gets over it, it is okay. But if the mother became bitter, then that tends to pass on to the daughter.
The daughter, in turn, later goes on to test men rigorously, trying to make them jump through burning hoops before she lets down her guard. However, she is not necessarily attracted to the men who put up with her bull**** and stick to her even though she blows hot one minute, and cold air he next. Women who have this problem have serious baggage, and you have to decide if she is worth it.
If you decide that she is, you have to walk a tightrope. Your behavior should subtly convey that you won’t hurt her, but don’t jump through her hoops. Never be more than 5 minutes late for a date, and if you say you will call at a certain time, call at exactly that time, but if she’s late don’t wait for her, and when she’s acting cold, show her you are the man by simply leaving her be and not tolerating her mood swings. In other words, you have to still be a challenge, but be trustworthy. It’s a delicate balance, and few can master it.

Gentlemen, this is partly from personal experience with such women. When you are talking to a girl and she tells you that her father walked out when she was little, proceed with extreme caution.

Jaun_Don

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marlimus

3) Ego inflation
Some women are addicted to attention, the most addictive kind being the male, flattering variety. This is where a woman plays head games with a man in order to keep him chasing after her to boost her ego. Nearly all women know the age-old trick of changing the amounts of attention that a man is given, it is literally the oldest in the book. What she will do, basically, is pretend she likes a guy only as a friend one minute, then the next, flirt with him. Or, she will give a guy a friendly, flirty greeting one day, then give him a slight nod the next. This drives the average guy crazy, causing him to chase her. When a woman acts friendly, then cool, the guy thinks that he might be losing her, so he tries to reel her in by being extra nice, giving gifts and so on. This is how the attention junkie gets her fix. It does not mean that she is a *****. This is just how some women are, and it is the man’s responsibility to not fall into this trap.

This is what i live with that is exactly what my room mate is like I don't give her attention like i used to and spend a lot of time away from her because I know she plays games and enjoys the attention but she is actually quite annoying sometimes and it;s almost like bieng in high school again, it proves to me why she has had a lot of broken relationships as well, I know for a fact that a lot of her exes have dumped her because I can see that she drives Men crazy, sure she is gorgeous but it has to be more than looks right fellas?, she isnt beautiful on the inside and I know for a fact that she hasn't met anyone like me, for a while I was pining after her and was caught up in her (which was just ****ing stupid) but now these days I will tell her what I think and if she is being a ***** I will tell her and there have been occassions where I can tell that she has something on her mind but won't say it so she will do it by games and I will tell her I'm not playing and walk away.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THE ABANDONMENT COMPLEX

I’m going to dive straight into this. Be extremely careful when dealing with a woman who grew up in a family where the father walked out at a tender age. The road to her heart, or to her pants, depending on your goal, is like an emotional minefield.
At an early age, the father, the dominant male figure in the house, is symbolic of his gender. Abandonment creates issues of guilt in the child, and does a number on the girl’s ability to trust men and her unconscious opinion of men on the whole. If the mother shields the girl from the full impact of the blow by not being bitter and by being careful not to tarnish the father image, or if the girl simply gets over it, it is okay. But if the mother became bitter, then that tends to pass on to the daughter.
The daughter, in turn, later goes on to test men rigorously, trying to make them jump through burning hoops before she lets down her guard. However, she is not necessarily attracted to the men who put up with her bull**** and stick to her even though she blows hot one minute, and cold air he next. Women who have this problem have serious baggage, and you have to decide if she is worth it.
If you decide that she is, you have to walk a tightrope. Your behavior should subtly convey that you won’t hurt her, but don’t jump through her hoops. Never be more than 5 minutes late for a date, and if you say you will call at a certain time, call at exactly that time, but if she’s late don’t wait for her, and when she’s acting cold, show her you are the man by simply leaving her be and not tolerating her mood swings. In other words, you have to still be a challenge, but be trustworthy. It’s a delicate balance, and few can master it.

Gentlemen, this is partly from personal experience with such women. When you are talking to a girl and she tells you that her father walked out when she was little, proceed with extreme caution.

So true...
Do NOT jump through her hoops. onvce she thinks she has you, she drops you.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Marlimus
If a woman cancels on a man, and she likes him, she may tell him that she is very sorry and that she will call him and make it up to him. Then, instead of calling, she sits back and waits to see what he will do. If he calls within three days to either set up another date or to ask why she didn’t call, or if he calls at all within three days for any reason, he has failed. If he calls after three days, he’s barely passed, it is up to her discretion. If he simply refuses to call until she contacts him, then he has aced the test with flying colors. The idea is that the needy guy is insecure and needs assurance, so he calls too soon. The average guy calls after three days, he’s neither here nor there. The real man knows that the ball is in her court, is confident in himself, and refuses to budge.
This is one of those tests that you CAN'T pass.

If you call her up and ask her out again/see why she didn't call, you're needy and insecure.

If you DON'T call her up again, you're not interested enough or just don't care.

Either way, they find some way to read the results of the "test" against you.

Bottom line is that women are frikkin' 'tards. Do what YOU want to do and however she responds is how she responds. Don't even worry about calling too soon, or calling too late, or any of that sh!t. Call when you want to call. If she blows you off because it's too soon, or too late, or too much, or not enough, seriously...THAT'S HER PROBLEM. There are plenty of women out there and the fact that she at one point gave you her number does not give her any right to special treatment.

If she wants to be a part of your life, she'll read ANYTHING you do as the "right answer to the test." If she's not turned on by you or interested in you, EVERY ANSWER WILL BE WRONG. Women bend logic to suit their feelings. So if she's into you, great. If not, just keep doing your thing until you find a woman who IS. ;)

As the previous poster said:

Originally posted by Big Eee Zee
So true...
Do NOT jump through her hoops. onvce she thinks she has you, she drops you.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes for all the women on this site, why do you test?

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by themanwithnoname
This long winded, stupid article does not answer that one simple question: why women test men.
You got to work on your reading compehension buddy... back to grade 2!

Good post

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
In mens terms please
I don't know how much plainer I can make it...women need something to fill their vapid lives besides clothes and clubbing, so they buy Cosmo and pull out all these little sh!t-tests so they have something to do/talk about.

Point is...it doesn't matter. :p

Unreal

Reaction score
The real question is, do you actually want to be with woman who plays with your emotions like this and tries to make you jump through hoops? I don't. I would rather be with a woman who is above all of that bullsh-t and can demonstrate real value.

By the way Marlimus, good post.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unreal
The real question is, do you actually want to be with woman who plays with your emotions like this and tries to make you jump through hoops? I don't. I would rather be with a woman who is above all of that bullsh-t and can demonstrate real value.

By the way Marlimus, good post.
A woman can only play with your emotions and make you jump through hoops if YOU LET HER.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh the post has some good points but also some symp tendecies like squirels wisely pointed out now i will read your new tip man!

HHloser2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: why women test - the whole picture

Originally posted by squirrels
This is one of those tests that you CAN'T pass.

If you call her up and ask her out again/see why she didn't call, you're needy and insecure.

If you DON'T call her up again, you're not interested enough or just don't care.

Either way, they find some way to read the results of the "test" against you.

Bottom line is that women are frikkin' 'tards. Do what YOU want to do and however she responds is how she responds. Don't even worry about calling too soon, or calling too late, or any of that sh!t. Call when you want to call. If she blows you off because it's too soon, or too late, or too much, or not enough, seriously...THAT'S HER PROBLEM. There are plenty of women out there and the fact that she at one point gave you her number does not give her any right to special treatment.

If she wants to be a part of your life, she'll read ANYTHING you do as the "right answer to the test." If she's not turned on by you or interested in you, EVERY ANSWER WILL BE WRONG. Women bend logic to suit their feelings. So if she's into you, great. If not, just keep doing your thing until you find a woman who IS. ;)

As the previous poster said:

Well this chick I know is doing just this, She told me she would call me twice, the last time being last Thursday night, But never did. Its been like what 4 days? Do I call her up now or not?(By the ay Im preety sure shes interested)

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: why women test - the whole picture

Originally posted by HHloser2
Well this chick I know is doing just this, She told me she would call me twice, the last time being last Thursday night, But never did. Its been like what 4 days? Do I call her up now or not?(By the ay Im preety sure shes interested)
What do you want to do?

Before you answer, bear in mind that the question isn't whether you should call her or not...the question is, "What do you want to do??"

Meaning, do you want to WORRY about this? Do you want to be sitting there in an uncertain state, giving up your heart to this girl and then waiting to see what she does with it? Do you want to be posting on a message-board hoping someone will give you the "right" answer and save your ass?

Or do you want to stand up and be a MAN, and understand that whatever decision you make, it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER AT ALL? Do you want to make your decision based not on what you think SHE might want, but what YOU really want to do, deep down? Do you want to believe that, regardless of the decision you make, that YOU have what it takes to play the consequences and come out a winner?

The question isn't whether you want to call her or not. That's a question that only YOU can answer to YOURSELF, and NO ONE has any say on "right" or "wrong" but you.

The question is: Do you want to give away your power to make that decision to the girl and what SHE wants? Or to a bunch of schmucks on a seduction forum or message board? Or do you want to take your life, your heart, and your soul into your OWN hands and make your life and your decisions your OWN?

Stop worrying. Release yourself from your worry and from other people's opinions, sit back, and get yourself under control. Then make the choice you wanted to make anyway. ;)

Unreal

Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
A woman can only play with your emotions and make you jump through hoops if YOU LET HER.
Well, that goes without saying squirrels. That's why I do what makes me happy, when I feel like it. If she wants to be a part of my life without the BS, then GREAT! But if I feel she's testing me, then I just NEXT her...plain and f-cking simple.

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: why women test - the whole picture

Agree with squirrels, apart from the 'tard comment :)

Why do women test? It's like Marlimus said. The non-bytches don't even realise they are doing it. It's part of a subconcious courting game. She needs to reassure herself that you really want her. Or, perhaps, there is no test. She simply isn't interested. Or maybe, she's genuinely busy. There is no way of knowing.

Show a little self control and don't swamp her with attention, but besides that do what Squirrels said and make your decision irrespective of her behavior.