Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Why WHY Do Movies Teach You to be an AFC?

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I guess I'm just ranting here but you don't understand how often I see this kind of bs. I was literally just watching a COMEDY, no, not a chick flick, a regular comedy, where the guy literally told this chick she looked like a princess, a goddess, and then told her if he ever had a CHANCE to date her he would treat her like a Queen. Her reaction? "Go get a condom".

And this is clearly not the only movie that does this, you see this kind of garbage all over the place. If anyone really wants to watch an AFC movie, watch "Loser" with Jason Biggs, you'll literally want to kick yourself in the face, or try.

My point is, it's not hard to understand why the A in AFC stands for Average, because it makes sense that the Average guy becomes an AFC. I mean when you're growing up, and you learn that buying gifts and trying to be "sensitive" and stuff will land you an HB 9 from the countless movies you've seen in your childhood, of COURSE that's going to carry over somehow.

I still remember that I had my first crush in 4th grade, and I had seen some movie (forget what it was now). As soon as the movie was over I remember sitting in my room and saying to myself "AHA, first we'll become best friends in the entire world, and THEN we'll be dating".

Anyways sorry for the rant, but you can't tell me nobody else here notices this kind of garbage on telivision.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL. I watched Hitch the other night and you can see how in the third act it got the hollywood happy ending treatment.

Hollywood is about selling what? Fantasies! They are telling stories people will like! Life is mean and cruel and unfair and doesn't have closure and happy endings. They are selling you a dream of what a perfect life could be like. Where the chump and loser gets the girl. That's what sells. Ask women how many of them LOVE the Break Up with Vince Vaughn. They hated it. It was too real. There was no fantasy ending.

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of every single Adam Sandler movie I have ever seen. I grew up LOVING Adam Sandler movies. Billy Madison is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. However, haven't you ever noticed how his character in all his movies are straight up losers? How does Billy Madison, a 30 year old waste of life without a job who goes back to elementary school, get Veronica Vaughn?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason an alien spaceship can be hacked with a Macbook.
Same reason CSI can take a picture and enhance, enhance, enhance to find the perp.
Same reason that Bruce Willis saves the day with some oil drilling equipment instead of a carefully planned mission on an asteroid by some astronauts.

Dante420

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When watching a movie what if your initial reaction to a movie is always boring?

So when you and your girl are discussing the movie your response is usually just positive, "It was good". Should you try to give your response more character or be yourself?

tebow1120

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta agree with the guy that started this post man.I said that same crap to a girl,I was like I will treat you like a queen and always be loyal to you,you know what she told me,she said whatever i have heard it all before.Lets be honest in real life women dont want a good man or a happy relationship,they really wanna be treated like Hos.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
"A perfect life" for whom?

If I thought of myself as a loser, then I guess films featuring Adam Sandler, Roy Schneider, and Ben Stiller would be funny and entertaining. Those guys have made a dollar and a cent portraying themselves as lovable loser-idiots. But I'm not a loser, so those male actors and the films in which they star resemble nothing close to a "perfect life."

The male actors that I referenced are actually targeting the female audience. A girl feels empowered watching those movies, but I guy who thinks for himself should feel insulted.
okay, you know what I mean. christchurch son. You get the gist of it.

Dante420

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Same reason an alien spaceship can be hacked with a Macbook.
Same reason CSI can take a picture and enhance, enhance, enhance to find the perp.
Same reason that Bruce Willis saves the day with some oil drilling equipment instead of a carefully planned mission on an asteroid by some astronauts.
come again?

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Women drive retail consumer markets.. AKA capitalism has concluded that women are the most valuable members of society cause:

1. they buy for themself
2. they buy for their kids
3. they tell their husbands/boyfriends what to buy for them
4. They tele their husbands what to buy for their kids..
5. They tell their husbands what to buy for himself.

So the female mind is the most important when excessive capitalism become the cultural nor as it has9in america.

Last edited:

rocksoff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Movies teach you to be "AFC" because AFC fits perfectly into a consumerist's agenda......Take the chick to dinner, Take her on trips, Buy her shiit,spendspendspend and kiss her ass ,then shell dump your aasss and you can repeat the cycle again with your new "love"..$$$ just think youre raised on this shiit .....Think of AFC as a consumer model, if dudes werent blowing cash on chicks alot of shiit would just go outta buisness because most biitches aint buying it for themselves

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Women drive retail consumer markets.. AKA capitalism has concluded that women are the most valuable members of society cause:

1. they buy for themself
2. they buy for their kids
3. they tell their husbands/boyfriends what to buy for them
4. They tele their husbands what to buy for their kids..
5. They tell their husbands what to buy for himself.

So the female mind is the most important when excessive capitalism become the cultural nor as it has9in america.
Don't forget to add...

6. They force men to compete buying nice cars, houses, clothes, etc...

On the flip side....at least women motivate men to take risks for the advancement of civilization (aka sexual transmutation), but i digress...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FutureSpartan said:
Don't forget to add...

6. They force men to compete buying nice cars, houses, clothes, etc...
Nobody's forcing you to do anything. You can do whatever you want whenever you want.

Quit your b*tching guys. Face it, the world is not fair and its not something out of a Disney movie where everyone is happy like sunshine and things work out in the end. They don't. But there's lots of opportunities to make the best of things instead of b*tching that its not fair.

Boo hoo.

DonGorgon said:
The negatives out way the postives.. by faaare
You seem to be b*tching (at us) about women for almost everything... like a woman. Now, if you don't like what women do, then stay away from them and screw something else. Something easier that doesn't move or talk back maybe?

Last edited:

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
A girl moviewatcher laughs her a$$ off watching Roy Scheinder portray himself as some idiot-infused weirdo wearing tight shorts and knee-high socks.
Completely off-topic, but it took me awhile to realize you were talking about Rob Schneider, possibly the least funny guy on Earth next to Jimmy Fallon, and not Roy Scheider, the guy from Jaws (who to my knowledge has never worn knee high socks).

And, yeah I agree with the OP. Especially Ben Stiller movies. It's not even the AFCness that bothers me about these movies, it's the fact that they show men being completely spineless and subservient to women and wind up winning her over in the end acting this way. Braveheart is the way to go for movie idolization.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but Braveheart isn't comedy. If you put that character in a Ben Stiller movie setting it would be over in like 10min.

And you can't have the girl chasing the guy instead, doing all the stupid sh*t. Because chicks aren't funny.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rocksoff said:
Movies teach you to be "AFC" because AFC fits perfectly into a consumerist's agenda......Take the chick to dinner, Take her on trips, Buy her shiit,spendspendspend and kiss her ass ,then shell dump your aasss and you can repeat the cycle again with your new "love"..$$$ just think youre raised on this shiit .....Think of AFC as a consumer model, if dudes werent blowing cash on chicks alot of shiit would just go outta buisness because most biitches aint buying it for themselves
This.

If you think about it, society has concocted the perfect storm against modern men: consumerism, the man-hating homofeminist media, and the military industrial complex are amazing bedfellows in their shared quest to make men into proletarian wage slaves who have no value for their own life.

A DJ is a man doing his own thing, both apart from the Matrix and plugging in when he has to make nice with the neighbors.