"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Why people cheat...

marshman

New Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
When it comes to cheating, do you think there's a difference between why women cheat versus why men cheat? From what I understand, or rather, from what is assumed...women cheat for emotional reasons and men cheat for sex. Agree, or no?

What are the main reasons people cheat? I've been cheated on before, and it hurts but the one thing that hurts more is hearing "I didn't mean to, it was a mistake. I love you." Do you really believe that anyone who is truly in love with you would cheat on you? Are there exceptions?

Personally speaking, if I am truly in love with someone I would never cheat on them or hurt them...regardless of if I knew I'd never get caught.

Here's my theory, feel free to add:

- Women cheat because there is something wrong in their current relationship.

- They find themselves attracted to a new person and some can't resist the temptation. But this usually occurs because again, there must be something wrong in current relationship.

- They're looking for something that current bf isn't providing...be it sexually or emotionally.

- And because some just like to hor around and do as they please, not caring about circumstances.

MEN CHEAT BECAUSE:

- They are not happy in their relationship.

- Sex. They're not getting enough, or it's not very good so they go elsewhere. Even if they do love gf.

So what else? Any input on the main reasons people cheat? I guess I'm just trying to understand it, since many people I know (myself included) have been a victim of or to cheating. What makes it acceptable? Well it's never acceptable obviously...but how can you say you love someone then just go out and potentially throw that all away? I think it's a crock if someone says their relationship is perfect but they were just looking for a little fun, or oops...it was an acccident and never meant to happen.

I'm rambling, I apologize. Hope that post made sense.

Basically, to sum it up...I want to know if you think the main reason a person cheats is because a) they're not really happy, or b) they are, and they are in love...but just want more or better sex. And c) revenge I guess. If your woman cheats but you still care for her ...you'll go out and cheat to get back at her.

It really only comes down to those three things...
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Do you really believe that anyone who is truly in love with you would cheat on you? Are there exceptions?

I don't think love is limited to one person. Our culture imposes the belief in one love. It's kind of hypocritical, you can love your parents and relative (more than one) but you can't be in love with more than one mate. Success rate with a single partner is just greater since you focus all of your attention on one person. This social agenda is probably one of the main reasons for the oneitis syndrome. There's not a single person, a perfect being in the world that exhibits all attactive traits and fullfills all desires. People want to have what they don't have that's probably why cheating will never stop.

Well, that's my hypothesis.
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Women cheat because they're not happy with their current relationship AND they're heavily attracted to a new person. But the only reason they're out there looking is due to the fact that they're not happy to start off with.

Guys cheat because they're horny and that's what we have been genetically programmed to do. Find the most fertile female and reproduce. I personally think if I was drunk and I made out with another girl while I had a gf that it really isn't a big deal. Why? Because I don't give a fuvk about the girl I made out with and I was just having fun. But then again, I know I wouldn't want my gf to do that to me...LOL



PIMP
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Nine Breaker

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
438
Reaction score
4
People cheat for the same reason: They all want the best they can get/.

If you thought you could be immensely happier with someone else, then for what reasons would you stay in what you perceive to be an "unhappier" state?

It is unfair to say that women are after a more fufilling relationship, while men are after a better root more often. Such generalisations hold no bearing in the real world. There are women who love sex as much as some of the horniest guys, and there are guys who place great value on maximising their potential relationships by finding the best partner available.

There is also the fact that people can find potential partners are appealing in different ways. Perhaps on physical, mental or spiritual levels, there is the potential to find fufillment and passion for these aspects from different people.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
A girl will cheat for many different reasons, even as trivial as you being a hot guy and turning her on that night so emensly she wants to have sex with you.
 
Top