Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why is the moderator on a locking spree?

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People started two perfectly good threads about (a) posture and (b) skinny guys and they both got locked.

Maybe this stuff has been said before, sure, but this is a forum, not an archive. It's reasonable to do a search first, but it's also nice to have fresh content.

"no need to start a new thread"? What, is there some universal law of conservation of threads that says for every thread that is created, one must be locked?

Are you having space issues on the server? If so, do x messages in a new thread take more space than x messages in an existing thread?

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
$10 say that this post gets locked or moved. :D

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget the thread moving spree.

Moved to AE

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alphathree
Maybe this stuff has been said before, sure, but this is a forum, not an archive. It's reasonable to do a search first, but it's also nice to have fresh content.
He does bring up a valid point there... even though a question may have been answered and discussed in the past, with regards to certain things, there is always space for more/new opinions about things... Most of the threads that are locked are locked with good reason, but there ARE times when I don’t really agree with it, but hey, no1 is perfect, give the mods a break, they are just trying to do their job to the best of their ability. If you are really insistent on a certain thread being unlocked, then by all means, PM a mod, and I'm sure he will do what he can to accommodate you, if your request is valid.

Laterz...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
4) If a subject has been posted in a thread, post in the existing thread, do NOT make a new thread.

9) If you have a question or a post idea, read the bible or use the SEARCH feature first.
Originally posted by Alphathree
People started two perfectly good threads about (a) posture and (b) skinny guys and they both got locked.
A. I'm assuming you mean this thread:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=730731
Let's quickly review what was advised: When you sit down at a table don't hunch over and keep your elbows off the table. Look relaxed!

No offense to the OP of that thread, but this is common sense stuff. You've read about it a million times before in the DJB. You've browsed through tip after tip mentioning it. Why create a whole new thread saying something so blatantly obvious that even your mother taught it to you when you were 6 years old ("Johnny, get your elbows off the table!") :rolleyes:

B. You must be referring to http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=730729#post730729
Sorry, but if this thread qualifies as a "perfectly good" topic, then the forum is in a state of decline. I mean, honestly - "Do girls like skinny guys?"

What's next - "Do girls like guys with moustaches?"... better yet, "Do girls like guys who wear Abercrombie & Fitch?", or even "Do girls like guys with spiky hair?". Yeah. Top quality topic. Once again, no offense to the original poster but generalized questions of this sort - questions that should be rhetorical in nature - are better left unasked.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question I have is why do the moderators choose to lock the topic when they can just leave it alone? Giving advice, however obvious and repeated it may be, should not be rejected but rather encouraged. Maybe the times are changing and locking threads has a real reason now, but I remember when I first started visiting this forum and two things went hand in hand:

1) Threads were only locked if they were blatantly offensive.
2) EVERYONE except the writers of aforementioned offensive posts loved the moderators, and there were no threads questioning the actions of moderators.