Why is neediness so unattractive?

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the concise breakdown of
neediness. So what would be your suggestion to stop or prevent oneself from being needy?
This is a late reply, but one thing that I think is largely responsible for neediness is having a scarcity mentality. I learned many things observing attractive women, as these women tend to have many options.

In a nutshell I value the vibing/chemistry I have with a woman above all else, if it's not there then I move on REGARDLESS of what she looks like.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
PK is spot on.It is actually very simple.

You think you are 'human' by showing neediness but for woman you look like a 'child'.You need her like you would be a child.You drain emotional energy out of her which is reserved for children.Perfect man doesnt need her, he gives her ego boost,emotional support,money,status etc ... Thats why women HATE needy men, they are 'leechers' who drain resources reserved for her or children.Thats why women love men who focus on themselves, man focused on getting better means more resources for her and children.
Indeed.

Women believe a man who can take care of himself physically and emotionally can also take her of her. A man who lives or dies by every move she makes is a useless faggot.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a guy who was needy but for friendship as he don't have any friends ( and for sure no gf ) , for some reason I was running away from him , as I felt this guy will stick to my ass if I let him be around me. also I felt like something around my neck .So for the first time I can understand why people (not only women ) stay away from needy person .
Beside that he looked very pathetic and desperate to hangout with someone .

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some (codependent?) women do like needy men and presumably get unhealthily attached to their kids if they have them.
codependent women will search for needy men for an LTR?
so an LTR btw a codependent women and a strong, non-needy men, cannot work, and cannot satisfy the position of this women?

I can see this with my mother that when I've tried to change and be "non-needy" at his eyes, She started to repulse me, but as soon I became "needy" again, I started to see Her do everything for me. From cooking, to wash clothes, etc etc.

Is this the same in an LTR? (so simple?)

Also, how do you know that a women will match well with a needy guy, rather than a non needy one?

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend Overcome neediness and get the love you want by Jack Ito. Great book.