Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why is Having a Six Pack Such a Big Deal?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps those of you who've been hitting the gym for years much longer than myself and who are familiar with the codes of physical attraction between men and women could help me understand this, especially since I'm originally from a foreign country. I've been working very hard on my abs and although having a six pack has never really been a goal of mine, the effort and hard work that I have put in with the abs machine seems to have produced just that result.

Now, I seem to get even more attention from a lot of women at my gym especially when I wear those under armour shirts. At first it used to be primarily because of my arms (biceps). Now it seems to be in addition to that, my chest and abs. I even get looks from extremely huge/super muscular dudes at my gym when they appear to notice the six pack thing and I don't get it because ideally, I personally wish I could become as big and muscular as them someday. What is it about a six pack on a man that seems to be such a big deal and what does that seem to convey to people? Personally, I try to avoid greasy foods as much as possible and often after running on the elliptical, I rest a little bit, hen work on my abs immediately.

Also, and I'm sure most of you gym regulars may have noticed this as well at your gyms, one of the machines that rarely ever seems to be free/available is the chest machine. There's always someone on there. I wonder why there seems to be such a big deal about the need to have a big chest as well.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to be focused on the abs than the biceps....biceps are really small muscles that newbies often focus on too much. In fact, if you go to a public gym, you'll find many people who only work chest triceps and biceps and neglect the legs completely...even though I read somewhere that working on your lower back has your spine stimulate muscle growth (in doing squats, cleans, and deadlifts).

But you ever see those Bowflex commercials or those cheap gimmick "Lose Weight" or "Get Super Strong" commercials? They ALWAYS focus on the guys huge upper body. Even when its just a weight loss commercial they make sure the guy who lost weight is muscular in the upper body too. What I'm trying to say is, these things are ingrained in us through the media. You hear all these gimmicks of "getting rock hard abs" from them.

But oh well, puts those knowledgeable ahead of the pack :up:

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate this feedback, Lostandconfused.

Shahikot

Reaction score
I dunno, females just like the six pack. It's like an added bonus for them. For example, whenever the girls at my job see me they always want to rub my abs or sneak a grope in, and hell I don't mind. Another thing these chicks like are well developed backs...

But good deal with the all-rounded workout, pa. Just keep hitting the gym and whatnot and develop your body. Just try not to talk about it too much or obsess about it because women sometimes frown upon vanity (I dunno if any of you guys noticed that but I do).

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.....i really don't know why. For some reason a six-pack in our society is mark of superiority. Dumbest thing ever. Personally I say fvck it. 2 to 4 pack is fine by me or just having generally flat stomach. Unless You have amazing genetics its really hard to keep and unless you have you shirt off no one sees it. I for one don't want to be the f@g at the gym who looks in the mirror at himself - lifts up his shirt to see his abs. OH YEAH REAL COOL IDIOT...why don't you go jerk off onto yourself you moron......

haha sorry...sore subject. And its not cause i'm a hater...i look good too lol

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its because you have to be relatively lean to have a 6 pack. There's lotsa big dudes out there, but much fewer guys that have a good amount of muscle as well as really low bodyfat. Leanness accentuates your taper...having a small waste makes your shoulders/upper back/chest look bigger in proportion. You're also more vascular when you're leaner. In my experience some women like veins/some don't...I personally love being really vascular and lean.

I think most guys (me included) are too focussed on being big and we pay too much attention to weight, and often neglect that leanness is really really important not only for looking good but also for overall health and athletic performance (yes...this translates to sex!).

Being lean will make you look a lot bigger than you really are. When I'm in photoshoot shape I'm around 165...but most people think I'm like 180-190. I've known lotsa guys who appear much bigger than their actual weight. Its hilarious how many people stare when a little dude like me is pulling 3-5 reps of a 405 lb deadlift, or when I'll powerclean 225, which is something guys 30-40 lbs heavier than me are deadlifting. I personally love being light but strong...to me that's real progress in fitness because you're stronger and also lighter...more muscle/better neurological efficiency and less bodyfat!

Visions007

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO abs are the most important muscle group in your body to have strong. As far as functionality is concerned the abs are used for almost everything. But I'm biased as a rock climber hanging upside down on steep cliffs abs are what hold you close to the rock not your hands.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the more rarer something is the more it is desired by others.

six packs are rare, so chics see them as an alpha trait.

Outsider

Don Juan
Reaction score
So when I get punched in the stomach it doesn't make my intestines bleed.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Thanks to all of you for sharing your respective perspectives. Shakikot, trust me, I'm a very humble person and not vain at all. Instead, most women I have met in this country are the exact opposite. I never talk about the things I bring up on this part of the forum to anyone. It is actually here in the U.S. that I learned that you can't be polite and humble with just everyone because some people unfortunately view that as a weakness, especially women-for instance, those who you hold doors for, but who look at you as if you're crap and don't say thank you. I never give them such an opportunity. So I have been able to find myself constantly striking a balance between having an edge and being polite when necessary, depending on who I'm dealing with.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Friend of a Friend, you make a good point. There are two main dudes at my gym who are extremely huge and built like the Arnold Schwarzenegger type. One often used to walk around with a huge plastic container filled with water and a baseball hat. The guys are just way too big and love to show off. One of them always has a baseball hat on because he seems to be turning bald/losing his hair. At one point last summer, the dude suddenly lost so much weight that he began to look really skinny and was losing himself inside his shirt. After that, he disappeared for a very long time before reappearing recently back to looking like the way he was before. There was a rumor spreading around that he is on steroids.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell you this.

when I had a 4 pack visible...

multiple women I dated would touch my stomach and tell me how hot it is.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank2500 said:
Friend of a Friend, you make a good point. There are two main dudes at my gym who are extremely huge and built like the Arnold Schwarzenegger type. One often used to walk around with a huge plastic container filled with water and a baseball hat. The guys are just way too big and love to show off. One of them always has a baseball hat on because he seems to be turning bald/losing his hair. At one point last summer, the dude suddenly lost so much weight that he began to look really skinny and was losing himself inside his shirt. After that, he disappeared for a very long time before reappearing recently back to looking like the way he was before. There was a rumor spreading around that he is on steroids.
newsflash: both those guys are on steroids

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mainly all the underwear commercials, calvin klein, models in GQ, male models in cosmo, posterboards, and all the media hype shows "hot men" having abs. This is actually funny because it overemphasizes abs and arms and usually these guys have very skinny legs and barely any back muscularity. It's the media-hype and I choose strength above all else, abs are a by-product of putting on strength overall.

SayWord?

Don Juan
Reaction score
Frank2500 said:
Perhaps those of you who've been hitting the gym for years much longer than myself and who are familiar with the codes of physical attraction between men and women could help me understand this, especially since I'm originally from a foreign country. I've been working very hard on my abs and although having a six pack has never really been a goal of mine, the effort and hard work that I have put in with the abs machine seems to have produced just that result.

Now, I seem to get even more attention from a lot of women at my gym especially when I wear those under armour shirts. At first it used to be primarily because of my arms (biceps). Now it seems to be in addition to that, my chest and abs. I even get looks from extremely huge/super muscular dudes at my gym when they appear to notice the six pack thing and I don't get it because ideally, I personally wish I could become as big and muscular as them someday. What is it about a six pack on a man that seems to be such a big deal and what does that seem to convey to people? Personally, I try to avoid greasy foods as much as possible and often after running on the elliptical, I rest a little bit, hen work on my abs immediately.

Also, and I'm sure most of you gym regulars may have noticed this as well at your gyms, one of the machines that rarely ever seems to be free/available is the chest machine. There's always someone on there. I wonder why there seems to be such a big deal about the need to have a big chest as well.
what country you from?

btw, chest machines=:nono: (my opinon)
elliptical=:rockon:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Conversation from two nights ago:

(10:56:18 PM) Girl: abs are f[v]cking hot
(10:56:46 PM) Girl: i like to watch your abs and shoulders tense up as you f[v]ck me

From last night:
(2:29:35 AM) girl: i want a full frontal
(2:29:51 AM) girl: so i can lick my comp screen
(2:29:52 AM) me: wha
(2:30:45 AM) girl: i want your abs

Who cares why? Why are breasts attractive? What's the diff?

Nip/Tuck

Banned
Reaction score
Frank2500 said:

Trust me, it is SO HARD to get a six-pack on an American Diet. Most people will never know that it's easy once you fix your diet. So they automatically think you been eating like sh*t but then working out everyday for 10 hours to burn off those calories. I think to chicks it shows that your dedicated, care what your appearance and don't drink beer. lol

Kanadasutra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's very impressive how obsessive we can be as men (on anything we put our interest on!)...

When you can get girls while keeping you clothes on, you realise it's a bit overated and it's probably more important to the guys interesed in fitness than to the girls! ;) If you are normally fit and still are not confident about your look (or dont get girls)... the problem is not the six pack that you dont have...

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that defined abdominal muscles make women think of sex. Apparently, strong abs=good in bed.

Basically, something about it drives women crazy. After sex once, I had a girl just start grinning like crazy, shaking her head saying "I love to look at your abs when you fvck me". And hey, good news for men without great abs, I only have a four pack and I still get compliments like that.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friend_ofa_Friend said:
Both because of social conditioning
Bah, i hardly believe it is THAT big of a conditioning. Why are some guys far more into breasts, legs, or asses than the other 2? TV told you to care less about breasts than it told me? Some people don't care about any of those very much at all. I have asses in my face (ha) all day long between tv, newspapers, websites, youtube and i still don't see much sexual attraction in them, meanwhile every other guy talks about them and points them out while i scratch my head. Why aren't i being socially conditioned?? If anything I think people get deconditioned to some of this stuff because they're overexposed. Like why none of those dudes on National Geographic give a damn all the women are walking around topless. Ever look at a girl after sex and think "she should put some clothes on." Haha, over exposure.. put that sh1t away!

Anyway my real point:

I hear over and over again that human female breasts developed to attract males.

Just the other day on Discovery there was some episode all about bras that my roommate was watching that i stopped to watch for a little bit where they compared chimpanzees or whatever monkey-like creature's red ass to the human female breast in attracting men and displaying fertility.

About a decade ago my anthropology professor said that the idea about breasts being there "for just milk production" is ridiculous. Other mammals have breasts that aren't that large. They're ornamental. The claim "they're just for babies!!" always seems to come from queerball women who have ugly/small breasts who are queerball because they make websites about it.

Another reason is probably because they are rare. Six packs aren't an everyday occurence. A person with a six pack is usually linked to other healthy physical structure, so the six pack stands out as an epitomy of of a healthy body. We're built to be attracted to other healthy individuals. They appear especially healthy compared to the lard asses surrounding mr six pack. The same as large, firm breasts compared to huge breasts on some fat lady. And of course there are some less the normal people, but human sexuality is pretty crazy.

It's amazing the amount of parallelism there are between the male and female worlds when you can see the equivalents between them
Amazing? Something expected isn't amazing.