Why is cheating considered so bad?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TizZle said:
Loyalty and Honesty are masculine traits.

If you are in a commited relationship and are getting bored, either (A) get rid of her or (B) try new things to spice it up
Because you say these are masculine traits it implies that women should not or at least do not follow them as much as men do. I don't think you can attribute such general human qualities like loyalty and honesty as "masculine traits". Why should a man have to be more loyal or honest than a woman? Why shouldn't the woman be as loyal and honest as her man?

Women can cheat all they want but a man must be MASCULINE and dump her beforehand so as not to hurt her :crackup: . It reminds me of those shaming techniques in which a man has to hold up some semblance of integrity and honor according to society's standards but women are exempt.

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. I'm a man. Loyalty and Honesty are positive traits to have. If you resort to cheating in an exclusive relationship then you have picked the wrong partner.

Cheating in an exclusive relationship is dishonest and unloyal.

Feel free to give a logical argument to why cheating isn't dishonest and unloyal.

Are you guys a man of your word? Or are you weasels?

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TizZle said:
Alright. I'm a man. Loyalty and Honesty are positive traits to have. If you resort to cheating in an exclusive relationship then you have picked the wrong partner.

Cheating in an exclusive relationship is dishonest and unloyal.

Feel free to give a logical argument to why cheating isn't dishonest and unloyal.

Are you guys a man of your word? Or are you weasels?
Some better questions to ask is what is it exactly are you "cheating" her out of? Why is sleeping with another woman, purely for the sake of sex, considered "disloyal"?

What does sleeping with another woman exactly deprive her of?

Are you neglecting to spend time with her because of it? If so, then you're a bad partner regardless of whether your "cheating" or not but say you still make time for your girl. What is she being cheated out of then? Or would she rather her man spend every waking moment with her.....after all thats 100% certainty that he won't cheat....would she be happier with that arrangement?

Are you treating her like crap? What if you treat her like gold yet still sleep with someone else....what is she being cheated out of in this scenario? Would she rather date an abusive, yet loyal, man?

Should a woman feel "cheated" when her man hits her, he has a gambling problem thats bankrupted the family, becomes emotionally distant towards her, or does not satisfy her in bed?......or the 1000 other things a man can do wrong that can directly "cheat" the woman of a happy relationship?

What exactly do women offer besides sex and their company in order to demand 100% loyalty and honesty. For the most part, women still expect us to be providers as they always have since ancient times. Was King Solomon monogamous? Last time I checked he had over 700 wives and 300 concubines Was he viewed as a disloyal and dishonest man? Do you think he would have really cared what society thought? After all he was society, wasnt he?

Why is that women aren't shamed for biologically pursuing high status men, but guys are shamed for their biological impulse to spread their seed as far as possible?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you're in a relationship you both have expectations for the relationship, and you both have to compromise on certain aspects of that relationship. For almost all guys that means being exclusive with the girl.

If you can find a girl that's down with an open relationship then it's fine, but you can't have a relationship if you two don't agree on whether it will be open or monogamous.

Reaction score
FutureSpartan said:
Some better questions to ask is what is it exactly are you "cheating" her out of? Why is sleeping with another woman, purely for the sake of sex, considered "disloyal"?

What does sleeping with another woman exactly deprive her of?

Are you neglecting to spend time with her because of it? If so, then you're a bad partner regardless of whether your "cheating" or not but say you still make time for your girl. What is she being cheated out of then? Or would she rather her man spend every waking moment with her.....after all thats 100% certainty that he won't cheat....would she be happier with that arrangement?

Are you treating her like crap? What if you treat her like gold yet still sleep with someone else....what is she being cheated out of in this scenario? Would she rather date an abusive, yet loyal, man?

Should a woman feel "cheated" when her man hits her, he has a gambling problem thats bankrupted the family, becomes emotionally distant towards her, or does not satisfy her in bed?......or the 1000 other things a man can do wrong that can directly "cheat" the woman of a happy relationship?

What exactly do women offer besides sex and their company in order to demand 100% loyalty and honesty. For the most part, women still expect us to be providers as they always have since ancient times. Was King Solomon monogamous? Last time I checked he had over 700 wives and 300 concubines Was he viewed as a disloyal and dishonest man? Do you think he would have really cared what society thought? After all he was society, wasnt he?

Why is that women aren't shamed for biologically pursuing high status men, but guys are shamed for their biological impulse to spread their seed as far as possible?
I'm with FutureSpartan on this one. Being with other woman for variety is nothing more than if a woman uses a vibrator when your at work etc.

To us the other variety woman are sex toys. Period. If you treat your main women like a queen while maintaining the frame day in day out than she's THE top dog in the chain. SHE is the queen. Your LTR isn't missing out on anything if you treat her like gold when your with her both physically and emotionally.

The thing is will she agree if she finds out? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. The best way is an open relationship up front if possible.

I have a friend who got divorced and met a girl who's into swinging and threesomes with other women with my friend. He's having the time of his life he said. My personal LTR is great but because of her conservative upbringing she's not into that thing unfortunately.

Wanna know the funny thing? If an a woman in an LTR agrees to an open relationship then the man values the LTR more and wants to stay with her more because he is getting his desires fulfilled more. If more women would understand this there would be a lot more happier relationships around.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
When you're in a relationship you both have expectations for the relationship, and you both have to compromise on certain aspects of that relationship. For almost all guys that means being exclusive with the girl.

If you can find a girl that's down with an open relationship then it's fine, but you can't have a relationship if you two don't agree on whether it will be open or monogamous.
Yeah the problem with that is the vast majority of attractive women are not into "open" relationships. Any chick that is "cool" with an open relationship is either:

1) Lying to themselves. If you've got your sh&t together and your game tight, the usually end up falling for you and wanting exclusivity after a few weeks. If you still refuse they pretty much cut off any further contact.

or

2) Low-quality girl you probably would not want to even sleep with more than once in the first place.

The nature of man is to have sex with multiple partners. PERIOD.

Sometimes, he is so exceptionally well with one girl that he can refrain from having sex with others for a little while, without suffering. And this is usually the best times of a man’s life.

This is the simplest truth that every man knows deep inside, although many among us have been brainwashed by feminists to believe that masculinity has changed now…

All over Latin America and Africa for instance, places where feminist has not yet been too intense, men tend to have a stable partner and to have sex on the side.

They show respect to their partner by hiding the fact that they have sex on the side. They are not little pussies who have to be “honest” and torture their girlfriends with details of their sexual life with other girls.

This is ALPHA behaviour

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Franky Four Fingers said:

I have a friend who got divorced and met a girl who's into swinging and threesomes with other women with my friend. He's having the time of his life he said. My personal LTR is great but because of her conservative upbringing she's not into that thing unfortunately.
Assuming she's got her head on straight and good long-term material, not crazy, and attractive to boot, well your friend is one lucky man. But like I said most chicks who claim to be cool with open relationships fall into either 2 categories i mentioned in my last post

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exclusive relationship - Partners aren't shared

Open relationship - Partners can be shared

Sharing yourself with another woman in an Exclusive Relationship is considered cheating. When you enter an Exclusive Relationship with a woman then you as a man AGREE to not share yourself with another woman and vice versa.

Leave the cheating to women please.

PectoralisMajor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've done the cheating thing, a few times while in exclusive relationships. did it bother me, a little yes. Why only a little? because it didn't mean anything.

I will likely get gunned down for saying this, sure, but having a wife / long term girlfriend is like buying an expensive car, an Aston Martin. Your super HAPPY with the car, you would NEVER sell it to part ways. but then there's a lambo, and your curious, you dont know it, and you want a test drive. Just for the day, just to see, whats different and how it handles.

At the end of the day, you take the Lambo back to the garage, because you know you LOVE the Aston, and if you dont anymore, well, you trade it in for the Lambo. ooops. ;)

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men cheating is a necessity for a healthy relationship. Women don't understand the bombardment we get every day from seeing all these hotties walking around and having a wife/girlfriend that has slowly become less interested in sex due to the comfort in the relationship.

It seems pretty obvious that once a woman has "landed" a man, she feels less inclined to 'draw him in' with sex. A man who is high status enough to be nailing chicks outside the relationship will cause the woman in the relationship to keep herself sexually interesting, thus keeping the man's attention for longer.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because of the feminisation of society.

Back a long time ago, the best men would have their harems of females and there was none of this bs about monogamy and cheating. The lesser guys did not get any at all (sort of like now).

Fast forward to now, and women have propagated the monogamy myth, and a lot of uninformed guys have fallen into the monogamy / exclusivity trap with the wrong girl (if with the right girl, it can work out).

And if you are in it with the wrong girl, and she knows you don't have other options, then availability of sex will go down.

As a general rule, no woman ever has as much of a need for sex as the typical guy:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176775

So, if she can't provide you with your s*xual needs and you need to supplement it with the occasional fling with someone else, I don't see what the issue is (assuming of course, you don't have kids and you keep it discreet enough that it doesn't mess up their life).

For some reason, if a guy wants more s*x than a girl will give, he is labeled by society as "s*x obsessed" and told to respect her wishes.

But that to me is bs! If she can't fulfill your sexual needs and won't be considerate enough to also take your needs as a man into consideration, then cheating is a legitimate option.

Don't buy into the feminized b*s that is so prevalent today. A woman's feelings are never more important than your own.

If you want to cheat then do it. By cheating, you will actually be benefiting mankind in the long run, by sending the message that you will not tamely accept whatever p*ssy she feels like offering when she wants.

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheating is a lapse in judgement. Cheating is dishonest. Therefore, in my eyes, cheating is a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less. People make mistakes. People aren't perfect.

You can bang as many women as you want as single man.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all men cheat.

But the men that claim that they would never consider it and that think it is a sin to cheat on your girl, are pretty laughable.

I love a relationship, i like having a girl who cares and supports me, keeps me out of trouble and satisfied. One of the best things. But man, dont tell me you aren't tempted when you see the girls out at night. When a new hot thing is coming on to you, you know you want it...

I wouldn't jepordize and do something stupid, like her friend. But i'm a man and if something bad happens.. then it is wasn't me!

I lose respect for a man who cuts off his penis and becomes controlled by his woman. At least admit you want it and say whats real. Tell her it was a mistake by any means, whatever necesery, but dont lie to yourself and say 'it was a mistake'.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TizZle said:
Cheating is a lapse in judgement. Cheating is dishonest. Therefore, in my eyes, cheating is a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less. People make mistakes. People aren't perfect.

You can bang as many women as you want as single man.
Ditto

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why some of you guys would never "cheat" on your girlfriend is simple.

You can't.

You're not high status enough to have attractive women throwing themselves at you on a consistent basis. And no, that time some plain jane flirted with you at the office or laughed at your stupid joke does not count.

How could you make that kind of lofty claim when most of you guys here don't even have enough game/value to walk out a bar with a new hot chick every week anyways.

Those that would "never cheat" on their "perfect dream girl", probably never could get her in the first place!

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why cheating is bad is because it's cheating. If you can find a girl that's open to that sort of thing (so it's not considered cheating) then go ahead. What's the point of a relationship with certain rules if you're going to break them? Just be a man and break up if you'd rather be single. It's not that damn hard. If the temptation to cheat is that bad, you get the **** outta there.

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FutureSpartan said:
The reason why some of you guys would never "cheat" on your girlfriend is simple.

You can't.

You're not high status enough to have attractive women throwing themselves at you on a consistent basis. And no, that time some plain jane flirted with you at the office or laughed at your stupid joke does not count.

How could you make that kind of lofty claim when most of you guys here don't even have enough game/value to walk out a bar with a new hot chick every week anyways.

Those that would "never cheat" on their "perfect dream girl", probably never could get her in the first place!
Your true colors just came out with this post. If you had any credibility on this site at all you just lost it.

/end thread

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TizZle said:
Your true colors just came out with this post. If you had any credibility on this site at all you just lost it.

/end thread
Seconded. This thread is another example of a good number of guys on this forum ( not all).

On one hand, we complain about the crap women do. Branch swinging, leveraging their looks. Yet we completely gloss over the guys who are more than willing to cheat on their women and make them feel like ****. I don't care how you clowns spin it, its making them feel like ****. That ain't cool. Its alright to hate on women when they wrong you, but its okay to wrong women for whatever reason they justify.

In my last relationship, I could have easily cheated on my gf but didn't. Why? simple, we had a good thing going and she was a good quality person. I saw this in her interactions with family and friends. Cheating would hurt her, so why would i want to do that? Its not about a Machiavellian grab for power...its about treating other people with an ounce of respect. There is so much complaints about how women wrong "us" on this forum, yet some of us have no problem turning around and doing the same thing to them.

I wouldn't want to get cheated on, so I don't see why I would ever cheat on a good relationship. Plain and simple.