Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why is a girl who once friend-zoned me sh*t-testing?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple months back, a girl I had been out with a few times ended things and said how we're such close friends. It was a tough pill to swallow, but it happens. However, because we work in the same building, I still see her more than I would like. The two of us still get along well and things are normal...

...except for a new, odd thing she has begun doing this week. Every day when she sees me, she asks me to make her a coffee - even though she knows I don't drink coffee and certainly don't know how to make coffee. Even if I knew how to, I'm not her errand boy, she can do it herself. I've presumed she's just trying to be funny, so I've been busting her chops every time she asks me.

Can someone explain what's happening here? My curiosity actually isn't a "is she into me?" thing (she's the one who friend-zoned me, and I've begun hanging out with someone new) - it's more a "does she think I'm a pushover that will just do anything?" thing. I don't handle disrespect well, and will be less good-natured in my responses if that is the case.

Last edited:

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she is having second thoughts abot zoning you.. and she cant figure out why you are busting her chops when other guys would go make the coffee and deliver it to her desk. You have become a illogical challenge for her (girls love this)

tell her this...
"If you want coffee lets go to a cafe this weekend, you look nice today, cute." (walk away)

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's busting your chops because she knows you don't drink coffee and don't know how to make it.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting that all three responses so far are completely different. You all present good points:
- StormRider it honestly wouldn't surprise me if she thought this. If this proves true, she will have to be put in her place. Going back to a recent thread in this forum, I had been doing most, if not all, of the initiating when I was into her. She ended things in no uncertain terms - we get along, but "We're close friends and nothing more" seems pretty concrete.
- However, MrWood I have handled things like a champ externally. No one can tell that her rejection stung (which it did) because I've been acting the same way all along. She knows I've been out with other girls since, and last week she told me she was out with another guy. I said great and wished her the best of luck.
- Jaymbys this can very possibly be the case too. She is one to bust chops, even if it's a little strange.

If she mentions the coffee thing again, I am going to try MrWood's line of grabbing coffee this weekend and see her reaction. That'll end her making coffee game real quick.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple months back, a girl I had been out with a few times ended things and said how we're such close friends. It was a tough pill to swallow, but it happens. However, because we work in the same building, I still see her more than I would like. The two of us still get along well and things are normal...

...except for a new, odd thing she has begun doing this week. Every day when she sees me, she asks me to make her a coffee - even though she knows I don't drink coffee and certainly don't know how to make coffee. Even if I knew how to, I'm not her errand boy, she can do it herself. I've presumed she's just trying to be funny, so I've been busting her chops every time she asks me.

Can someone explain what's happening here? My curiosity actually isn't a "is she into me?" thing (she's the one who friend-zoned me, and I've begun hanging out with someone new) - it's more a "does she think I'm a pushover that will just do anything?" thing. I don't handle disrespect well, and will be less good-natured in my responses if that is the case.
You were plan b. Hence the friend zone. Plan a may have fallen apart and she is looking for validation and negging you. Ignore.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she will **** you off again when she knows you fancy her

validation is her currency and its to be slammed in her purse all day with orbiters balls

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, she did you a favor by friendzoning you. Don't sh1t where you eat. It never works out well for the guy.
Onto your question: who cares what she thinks about you, since she should be irrelevant in your eyes now.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way you should give her any attention is if she asks you to go in the supply closet for a quick hookup. Anything short of that and you need to blow her off.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hate to say this, but don't ask her out.
Seriously.
Her behavior does not indicate that she disrespects you. Quite the opposite. The problem is... if you do any form of chasing (which includes asking her out) her respect for you will diminish.

Her: Make me some coffee
You: (said with a smirk) Looks like you had a rough night, you need it (then point to the coffee maker)

You: You're not there yet. Make me a sandwich and I'll think about it.

You: No problem. Make me twenty dollars.

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in the end all the OP need to so is stop giving her atencion and move on, serious dude there is nothing ehre for you, if she wanted to change things she will need to work, and even so I wouldn't accept, you gave her the chance of her life, she missed, her loss, now stay busy

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My curiosity actually isn't a "is she into me?" thing (she's the one who friend-zoned me, and I've begun hanging out with someone new) - it's more a "does she think I'm a pushover that will just do anything?" thing. I don't handle disrespect well, and will be less good-natured in my responses if that is the case.
Ayy, good **** bro. This is the mentality that you have to have.
she is having second thoughts abot zoning you.. and she cant figure out why you are busting her chops when other guys would go make the coffee and deliver it to her desk. You have become a illogical challenge for her (girls love this)

tell her this...
"If you want coffee lets go to a cafe this weekend, you look nice today, cute." (walk away)
Helllllllllll NOOOOOOO. This is a horrible idea. Awful. Horrendous. Atrocious. Vile. Sickening. Abominable. Any other synonym you can think of. Have some self-****ing-respect. Jesus.
——————————
@The LadyKiller she is doing this because she was td to know what route to take next with you:

She’s testing you because she wants to know whether you’re a simp or man. If you’re a simp, then she’d feel reassured in her decision of friendzoning you; if you’re a man, then she’d up the playfulness trying to get you back (or at the very least eat a power trip over ‘conquering’ a dude who isn’t a complete wuss).

The coffee thing wasn’t enough and became somewhat of an inside joke between you and her, so she had to up the ante and tell you about a date to see how you’d react.

In essence, she’s trying to decide whether she likes you or not because your reaction to being friend zoned wasn’t exactly what she expected. So she’s still trying to figure you out. Don’t let her.