• I workout just to feel healthy

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I workout to avoid depression.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I workout because i enjoy feeling strong

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I workout to be the alpha male

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I workout because i enjoy the pain of it.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed that since my AFC days my reasons for working out at the gym have drastically changed. When you work out you should ask yourself what is motivating you? When you can't lift that last rep what goes through your head?

The answer you come up with will tell you if you are true DJ or not.

When i do that last impossible rep, I feel the weight of the world behind it and I visualize it as a symbol of the strugle that a man must constantly endure.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My principal reason, I think, is so I like myself even more. Not girls, looks are sh*t once you are looking for a LTR, or significant sex.
Then, to be healthy (including the anti-depression stuff that comes naturally as a result of testosterone boost).

Oh, and its not for myself to feel strong. Though thats the closest answer.
Ah, and by liking myself more, I enjoy being healthy, so... its just one answer.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well that is good. I can remember when i used to work out just to look good. I would get comments and second looks from girls all the time in college. But i can tell you that it didn't do jack **** for me. Working out to look good for girls is a false notion. When it fails to give you what you want you will find that you no longer have any motivation.

My motivation for working out now is solid it will never fail me no matter what happens in my life.

I think that any guy that works out to look good for girls is a ****en looser. I did that once and honesly you are sooo damn ***** whiped it isn't funny.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so i could kick ass

HMbroken

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't go to the gym because its too f*cking expensive.
and prisoners get to work out for free... bastards.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can tell why people go to the gym just by looking at the exercises they do...

-People concerned with strength and power will be doing squats and deadlifts

-Insecure people concerned with there looks will be doing curls and tricep extensions. These curl jockeys do these exercises so that they will feel big and strong... when in reality the people doing the squats and deadlifts are big and strong.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wheelin&dealin,

What philosophy class did you take? Your logic takes us to the following: If someone does curls and tricep extensions, then they are insecure. You can judge someones personality traits through analyzing their workout? BULLSHYT!

Also,
"These curl jockeys do these exercises so that they will feel big and strong..."

Do you really think you know someone elses motives through their exercise routine? Are you that ignorant?

"when in reality the people doing the squats and deadlifts are big and strong."

Again: If someone does squats and deadlifts, then they are big and strong. Are you for real?

Please, people (IMO high school students and you younger guys), lets try to give good advice and stop touting your OPINIONS as FACTS!

CB -out

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey retard, this thread idea has just been done a few days ago.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chewy Bagel
What philosophy class did you take? Your logic takes us to the following: If someone does curls and tricep extensions, then they are insecure. You can judge someones personality traits through analyzing their workout? BULLSHYT!
It's a generalization... clown nuts.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
You can tell why people go to the gym just by looking at the exercises they do...

-People concerned with strength and power will be doing squats and deadlifts

-Insecure people concerned with there looks will be doing curls and tricep extensions. These curl jockeys do these exercises so that they will feel big and strong... when in reality the people doing the squats and deadlifts are big and strong.

wheelin this makes no sense...

sure, there are lots of poseurs out there who solely do isolation exercises and then shyt in the pants when i tell them to squat.
BUT i cant see any correlation with a persons insecurity and his exercise regiment. perhaps the person doesnt know the benefits of compound exercises.