Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Why do you want my number?"

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know how shallow and stupid high school girls can be at times! and i have actually gotten the question "Why do you want my number?" or they would give me their number and say "how come you wanted my number?". They don't assume that you are interested, or they do assume you are - but they just want to prove it to themselves.

But the question here is, what would your response be to this? Of course it depends on a couple of factors like the tone of her voice, if she gave you the number before or after you asked, etc.

What do you guys think?

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well to this, i would repeat the question back to them in a ****ey tone!!

sounds like some real bonefied *****es your dealing with, lolz

i would be like

" why do i want your number, why do you think?"

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I read this somewhere... can't find it now sorry...

Go with ****y and funny responses like:

"I'm making a phone book. :rolleyes:"
"So I can call you 9 times a day, silly! :)"

Don't forget to smile cos she'll think your serious.

:D

tracy Jaks

Don Juan
Reaction score
She asks that because she cant think of anything to say, because shes gone shy, like guys do when they try nd make conversation.

She was just tryig to continue the conversation to avoid that akward silence.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell them "so i can call you????" in the most piss taking tone of voice you can get out of your body. Then I'd concider ripping the piss outa their stupidity for being such retards.

No offence to them, sure their lovely people:D

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to say, "Hey, don't worry about it. I'll only call you 9 times a day."

****y and funny is your friend in this kind of situation.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you fella's, but "so I can call you 9 times a day" is NOT c+f. Where in that sentence are you saying you are sexy and she wants you? NOWHERE, so how can it be C+F? Yeah, thought so.

I dont put myself in your situation, I close as follows:

"<reason to leve convo>... but lets exchange #'s and finish this conversation sometime."

Or a flat out date close, but I digress.

If I were you, and a girl asked me such a ****ing stupid question, realize:

She is either fluff talking or setting you up for rejection. Fluff talk, in the direction of finding YOUR intrest in HER. Rejection along the lines of "ohhh, you wanna get together sometime? I, I don't wanna ruin our friendship." Sorry about the F word in there guys, but it was necessary.

"Why do I want your number? Well I was going to find a spare minute and call ya up, have a wildly entertaining conversation... <change in tone, lean in, kino> but not too-wild, mind you... <reg tone, lean out> and if you manage to keep my intrest I'll probably let you tag along with me to <XYZ>" -Said as matter of factly as possible.

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sammo, hit'em with this if they give you that sh!t...

Her: Why do you want my number?
Don Juan: Well, I was hoping to take your mom out some time (queue ****y smile :cool: )
Her: .... hehe (speechless)

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive had this situation once before, with my gf of 10 months actually.

She had been trying to get me to teach her how to surf for a long time, but she had a boyfriend, then when they broke up, i moved in for the number.

it went like this

Me="write down your phone number"
Her="Why?"
Me="Well do you want to go surfing or not?"
her=*quickly writes down her number*

you can similarily respond to a standard number close by saying something like "well do you want to talk to me more or not?"

Its a strong statement.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Why do you want my number"

You: "So I can do a magic trick. Sometime.....I think tomorrow....your phone will ring....and you'll pick it up....and I'll be on the other end".

And then, for added effect, don't call her the next day. Wait two days. :D

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Her: Why do you want my number?

You: (thinks: you fvcking moron)
says: So I can sell it to telemarketing companies. Why do you think?

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that I'm working on right now is being utterly honest... to a point that it comes across being ****y and funny.

I would just say, VERY casually, "well its cuz I like you, and I waaas thinking about calling you". I'll admit, the rejection rocket is more often with this, but they are always done so lightly that they change their minds. They seem to like it. I was just bored out of my mind going about geting girls the same old way so I tried this, and its fun as hell, and it works. Even in the introduction when I first meet them, I would sometimes even throw that I think she has nice lips and I would like to kiss them, but I want to get to know her better.

My analisys on this? Hmm, guys come across being honest and trust worthy. It apears that the guy is laying all his cards on the table. The girl hasnt showed any of her cards so she feels safer, or even superior in a certain degree. By laying down all the cards, the guy seems to be extremely confident to do so. An impressive display if done right.

Now the only way it can backfire is if she is stuck up. Funny thing is, one of the girls I'm working on right now is much like that. What I did was "knock her off her pedistal" and THEN I placed her back on. I dont know if that made any sence... but its working for me. Shes giving me a harder time then the others, but this project shouldnt last too much longer.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Laying all of your cards on the table is taking away any bit of mystery you have...

Being honest can make you seem desperate, and at the same time creep her out as well as lower interest level.

If she says "Why do you want my number?"
say:

"Phonesex"

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Laying all of your cards on the table is taking away any bit of mystery you have...

Being honest can make you seem desperate, and at the same time creep her out as well as lower interest level.
I agree, it does take away from the mystery. But instead of luring them in with curriousity, you latch on to them with trust. If done well, you create a bond that is both mental and emotional in a shorter amount of time. My greatest conquest was actually done this way... only I didnt realize what I did untill looking back on it just recently.

As far as seeming desperate. Yes, someone could lay all of their cards down and seem desperate, but its not what you say, but how you say it. Picture this... Brittney Spears, or whoever you find attrative/"larger than life".... now immagine them hitting on some average Joe Shmoe just by saying "you're cute, I think I want to kiss you". I doubt she will come off being desperate. Just confident and straight forward... no smoke or mirros.. no games, strategys or techniques. I do this but KNOW that what ever happens, it doesnt matter because I'm seeing other girls on the side. I was just giving her the opportunity to experience pleasures beyond her wildest dreams.

Doing this, I am basically breaking all the "rules" to show its not about what you say, what you do, the "rules" or anything. It all falls on you, and how you do whatever it is you do. Right now, I am purposely breaking all the "rules" with all the girls I am pursuing right now.... and I'm having alot of fun doing it!

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery isn't a requirement. Whoever said that doesn't know his right hand from his left hand. Mystery is overplayed and if done wrong, they'll never notice you. If they do notice you, they'll think of you as a loner.

Honesty can also increase her interest level and your attractiveness rating.

I agree with Kaizen. Breaking the imaginary "rules" is the best way to go. Eventually, you'll get off the DJ plateau, and learn to seduce through manipulation and power-hording.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its sad how so few people actually know what the role of "mystery" in seduction is. Smooth, I KNOW I've explained it in MANY posts, and for christs sakes you donno what your saying. Anyone who thinks smooths interpritation is correct IM me for the proper definition of mystery.

Reaction score
Who cares about C&F? Quit beating around the bush. Just say, "Because I think that you and I should get together sometime, and have some fun. Just give me your number, and we'll set up a date."

Just give it to her straight. If she's interested she will give you her number, if she's not, then she won't. That's all there is to it.